Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1251
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
andrew.christ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:33 pm Post subject: How do you completely gain control of the map Reply with quote

Hi. Im playing cc4 german campaign with true green installed (mostly because i like the new skins and I love my big cats). The problem that Im having is that even though the main front of my offensive has swept all the way over until the last couple maps on the American side, there are still a couple pockets on the side where American units keep popping up. For example in the lower right hand side of the grand map, there is one town where Ive had a battlegroup lodged the entire game. Somehow the bg was lucky enough to get a king tiger, and everytime an american group pops up, it is quicky destroyed, and I am told that it had to disband because of moral. The problem is a new american unit pops up there every turn, so it is impossible for me to move the tiger to the front where it is more needed (those jumbo shermans take some killing). I have the area completely surrounded. Why do new groups keep popping up there? Confused

Also I would be interested in some panzer IV, and stug tips. It seems that they always loose to shermans in one on one fights.

Pzt_CommanderNemesis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an american supply Barell on the Map?? That might be why it is an American Supply point so that is wehere they get their reinfocments from.

Nemesis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_CommanderNemesis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an american supply Barell on the Map?? That might be why it is an American Supply point so that is wehere they get their reinfocments from.

Nemesis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct

Both of the shoulders (as was it called during the actual campaign) were held by the Americans.
Any map with a supply depot on it will recieve new units on the begining of each day.
Only way to avoid that would be to use the scenario editor that is in the game and make your own custom grand campaign

andrew.christ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

so there's nothing that I can do about it? Because I could really use that king tiger on the front. I have about 4 battlegroups now with only a stug, or pz 38t, which will get smashed if the allies ever break through my front line.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

If your game didnt come with a manual I would suggest downloading the PDF manual for CCIV.

Antifa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's lots you could do -- that's part of the game -- take the King Tiger to the Jumbo Shermans and send in another group to handle the supply depot -- it's best to contain it with weaker BGs. In CC and real combat it's best to go for the supply depots after a front has stablized -- otherwise you will be in a position you're in -- pinned down by reinforcements while the main attack rips into your flank.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I try to do, send an un-mechanized unit, such as Paras or VG
to hold the base of the 'Bulge' and use the powerful mech battlegroups
to battle the forward American armor combat commands. Sometimes your
Paras and VGs will have strong AT units or Tank units in their battle group so you will have to decide if you want them as static defense or as a forward
unit. Hope this helps.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

Jump to: