Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:01 am Post subject: What future for Der Kessel? Reply with quote

Hi all;

First of all, many thanks for your kind support these last few days, and accept my apologies if I have been a little bitter in some of my messages. I think you will understand it was due to a very big deception.
But, this does not mean that I have changed my mind: for me, Der Kessel development is over.

Anyway, I have been able to upload the files of the game yesterday, so if there are some moders who want to make this mod work, they are welcome.

I have asked also to Mooxe to make an advertissement on the CCS home page, so that the mlaximum of people will know that downloading the files is now possible.

Some details for you, dear moders:

1) You will find to upload all the files that you will need, including the adb's, all the graphics, the localfx, the exe file and, the most important, the mask.tga file I used to make the corrupted exe.
2) Those who want to reapir the mod will definitively have to use this mask.tga as a starting point. Feel free to modify it a little bit, but not too much, in order to keep the geographical frofile of the Stalingrad region. Especially, please keep the pattern of the periphery of the stratmap (for example, 4 maps in the south to make possible the Wintergewitter operation).
3) I did not upload the maps for two reasons:
- I don't want that these custom maps could interfere with the stratmap (I don't think they do, but who knows?)
- These maps are related to this mod. If the mod doesn't work, why to get the maps? It should be as having a car without the engine...

Please be sure that, even if I will not take part of the moding, I will reamain available for all of you if you need help.

Best regards

Antifa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the work!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pzjager!

Hopefully with what you have uploaded one of us can figure out what is causing the crashes...

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Setup a Single battle - Traktorny Zavod, seems to work (started 5 out of 5 times)

Setup a GC/Op All Maps - setup GC and saved but rec'd error invalid battle data. Clicked on all the options on the bottom of the scenario editor screen and saved successfully.

GC/Op All Maps - played GC from above and noted missing arrows and connection problems (jumping two maps) but these are probably just due to not having the updated maps, index.mpi and *.btd files

Strat Map - some of the maps sizes do not allow BG icons to fit without overlapping an adjacent one (this will cause a crash).

I'll keep testing but having the real maps would help....

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks in return, Tejszd! I see that with you, this poor mod could ressurect!

Unfortunately, i don't understand exactly what you did... Could you be a little clearer:

1) You say that Traktorniy Zavod works 5 times without crash: I believe it is as a single battle? Did you try different BG's? But anyway, it is not a surprise for me: this map was one of the maps involved in the small op that did never crash (absolutely incredible!).
2) If I understand well, you have also tried to play a GC will all maps... I guess you used a set of existing maps of a particular mod, together with the corresponding index? What do you mean by "clicked all the options of the bottom of the scenario screen": did you eliminate all the air and arty supports? And if I understand, after that you can save without this "Invalid battle data"? It could be very interesting, because in my mind that would mean that one part of the problem could come from the air/arty supports!
3) You noted missing arrows: that's normal. My stratmap was made so that the total of possible connections was superior to 84. And it is normal as well that, if you don't use the correct index/btd's pack, you see some jumping betwen non-adjacent maps.
4)"Some of the map sizes to not allow BG icons to fit". Yes I know that some of the maps -especially in the Stalingrad city region (east of the stratmap) are small. Just because I wanted to make a stratmap which is geographically correct.... Manoi told me the same thing than you...
Only problem: I re-did a new stratmap last week-end (this was my very last attempt to save this mod!!!) with much bigger sizes: this was without any positive effect, unfortunattely...

5) I am still convinced you do not need any custom map (I think the opposite, by the way: who knows if some of these custom maps are not part of the problem?). If you really want to fix the problem, please take a set of existing maps (I would suggest Winterwar: at least it is in winter, and the element file is a CC3ini., like Der Kessel custom maps are coded) make the btd's (I could supply you with the connections I made, together with the map numbers) and try to fix the problem.
If you fail (like I failed 30 times), then the last option will be to make an other new, different stratmap.

Once again, the mod thanks you for your kind attention.

And if someone else in the community wants to help... Everybody is welcomed.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah Tejszd,

single battles seem to work fine, all vehicles graphics loads as well.

Pzjager,

need yer maps to c the problem

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager,

What crashes/problems are you seeing?

Is there a specific BG or BG's fighting each other that causes problem?

For GC/Op I created I just reclicked on Fully Supplied, Air & Artillery support and default weather. I tried a new GC/OP today and saved first time without any error. For maps I'm using the standard CC5 ones.

The game/mod seems to work with the pieces you have given us.

pzjager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Him

Are you joking, guy ???????

Anyway, could you please - I know it will be quite a long piece of work try the game with the Winterwar maps and index.mpi ??

I will become mad...

Panzerjäger

P.S. To answer to your specific question, the crashes happen with all the BG's, not specific ones.

P.S. To be sure that I did understand well, you took the standard CC5, applied my CC5.exe, all my datas, sounds, graphics, and then every op or campaign scenario that you creates works fine???? that's silly!!!!

pzjager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote:
pzjager,

What crashes/problems are you seeing?

Is there a specific BG or BG's fighting each other that causes problem?

For GC/Op I created I just reclicked on Fully Supplied, Air & Artillery support and default weather. I tried a new GC/OP today and saved first time without any error. For maps I'm using the standard CC5 ones.

The game/mod seems to work with the pieces you have given us.

Yesm you succeded in saving your GC on the scenario editor, but did you tried to play the first battle and did you arrive on the tactical screen of the first battle without crashing to the desktop?

Cheers
Panzerjäger

pzjager

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
yeah Tejszd,

single battles seem to work fine, all vehicles graphics loads as well.

Pzjager,

need yer maps to c the problem

Dima,

To be honest with you, I even did not try the single battles....
Did you try to make a small op or a GC with the scenario editor? "Normally", they should crash on the desktop before going to the tactical screen...

Panzerjâger

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

just tried Campaign(using Stal maps).

all work smooth.

so, if u really want yer problem to be fixed - upload maps.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager,

Yes I succeded in saving a GC and did play a couple of battles arrivin at the tactical screen at end without crashing to the desktop.

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, it is becoming completly crazy!
Please, be clear regarding what you made exactly when installing the mod...
Did you start from the stock CC5 game, and then installed the files I uploaded or did you start from an existing mod and then overpasted the mod files? When you say you played a GC, what GC? A GC you created by the scenario editor or an existing one taken from a mod?
I can't help you if you remain so vague...

Regarding the maps, my position is clear:

1) They have nothing to do with the problem. I have installed the game without them, and the crashes are exactly the same.
2) No mod working, no maps uploaded.

Anyway, I wonder if there isn't something crazy on my PC.

I will perhaps try to reinstall completly CC5 this week-end.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot something regarding the maps: As you may know, since my PC crashed and was repaired, I can't use anymore 3C and Stratedit/BTDEdit programs because Microsoft Virtual machine is not downloadable any longer.

So, maps development is definitively dead.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

kwp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
Oh, I forgot something regarding the maps: As you may know, since my PC crashed and was repaired, I can't use anymore 3C and Stratedit/BTDEdit programs because Microsoft Virtual machine is not downloadable any longer.

So, maps development is definitively dead.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Have you tried this site?

Look under downloads.

http://www.vanweteringen.com/jheroen/vm/index.php

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
Please, be clear regarding what you made exactly when installing the mod...Did you start from the stock CC5 game, and then installed the files I uploaded or did you start from an existing mod and then overpasted the mod files?

man, u don't need to know that as that doesn't matter what mod we use as base.
Main thing is that we used yer graphics,exe,data,resource.dll.

Quote:
When you say you played a GC, what GC? A GC you created by the scenario editor or an existing one taken from a mod?

it doesn't matter.As we used yer strat map(exe) and yer data.

Quote:
I can't help you if you remain so vague...

hmm, thought these r we who trying to help u.
U can help only by uploading maps.

Quote:
Regarding the maps, my position is clear:
1) They have nothing to do with the problem. I have installed the game without them, and the crashes are exactly the same.
2) No mod working, no maps uploaded.

hahaha

Tejszd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

okay....

I installed CC5 and the 5.01 patch
Copied your files over the originals
Created two battles and two campaigns/operations with 2 BG's per side on either side of the strat map (1 with all maps and 1 with about 1/2) in the scenario editor
Played 5 single battles using the two single battles (the maps had coding problems but played).
Played 10 turns in both campaigns & scenarios that resulted in a couple of battles in each when the BG's met in the middle of the strat map.

I know you would prefer to not give out the maps but the problem doesn't seem to be with the files you gave us so far. I guess you need to decide if you want a working mod or to hold on to your maps????

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Many thanks for your very precise and clear description of what you made.
I have installed the mod exactly the same way you did it,and, big surprise, for the moment the game works without problem...

Next step for me will be now to install the set of maps of WinterWar instead of the current set os maps of the stock CC5.

I will try to do this today if I have some time to do it...

Anyway, it becomes obvious that I made a big mistake wheninstalling the mod by overwriting an existing mod instead of overwriting stock CC5.... Perhaps there has been a file conflict somewhere?

Thank you very much for your support Tejszd... It helped a lot.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager,

i told u i used STalingrad mod as base and just copied Der Kessel files(data,graphics,sound,exe) and all works smoothly.

caribacey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote:
okay....
I know you would prefer to not give out the maps but the problem doesn't seem to be with the files you gave us so far. I guess you need to decide if you want a working mod or to hold on to your maps????

Join me sitting in the bleachers, watching and waiting Smile

SA_Acey

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: