Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1229
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:34 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

If anyone is even interested. I did a little bit of comparing weapons data between various mods for mortars. As thought would find, Firefox's weapons data had several differences in Blast and accuracy for 8cm, 4.2 and 12cm.

I guess the WAR data workbook is yours PM? Think remember you mentioning it long ago. Sure makes it easy to open these up.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:43 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

I had hoped to do some more this week,but that doesn't appear possible now.
I'm looking into comparing Blast Radius and the Blast Rating data from various Mods based on this info from Senior _Drill.
Any data you want to post here would be very helpful.

Answer by Senior Drill
TDeacon, modding the armor of open top vehicles to increase survivability against mortars is the wrong approach.
You will get unintended consequences by doing so.
Sure, they will resist mortars better, but they would then become impervious to Molotov or grenades.
You need to adjust the weapon, not the target.

You should try adjusting the Weapons.txt values for Reload Time Clip, Reload Time Chamber, Time to Fire, Base Accuracy, Blast Radius and the Blast Rating columns.
(The Kill Rating columns are for direct fire ammunition, the Blast Rating columns are for indirect fire ammunition.)

10010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.9 KB
 Viewed:  11482 Time(s)

10010.jpg

Last edited by platoon_michael on Mon May 27, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Thanks PM, should have figured that long ago you would have worked on this. There is a mod that the open topped armor is not as susceptible to light weapons fire. Without going into issues, I have problems remembering things over a period myself and don't recall which one(s) it is. Perhaps it is even a CC5 mod for the Ardenne, though was thinking a WAR one has the open topped vehicle susceptibility fixed.

I don't mind tracking down issues like those if you are busy and have a target that want looked at and needs fixed. It keeps me busy Smile

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:35 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

*removed

Last edited by platoon_michael on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:38 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Finally got it working.
Tiger II showed up on the correct Date.

While the weaker setting of Green,Recruit provides the game with multiple Tiger II's early on and then reduces that amount to 1,
the other settings will only give you 1 on a certain date.

Use it wisely.

I'm fairly confident now that the other changes within the Force Pools will work correctly with the campaign text having the following settings:
I'm assuming the
# Auto-refresh FPs (ala stock CC4) 1 was the setting needed in the Campaign text but I also have the
# Auto-add/remove teams to/from FPs on team type change? (0 = NO, 1 =YES) 1

I know I don't want start all over another GC to find out. Laughing
I think this is my 4th try at it. Embarassed
It's no fun starting a GC over and over and over looking for results for one day

I'm just gonna stick with this for now and continue my current GC till the end.

It does seem difficult to get the game to remove the Rocket Half Track for certain Bg's,In some cases several days but I assume people will follow the rules and only use it for Day 1 (Dec 16th) and willingly remove it from the BG as intended.

It's a shame that the Scenario Editor limits the amount of BG's that can be placed on the strategic map after day 1,otherwise I could have 1 Battle on Turn 1 then use the 17th as the actual starting date for the GC and just change the graphics to properly display the dates.
It could have been a nice little cheat thus allowing the opening Grand campaign to have the Night Battle depict the early am Attack of the Germans and have all the off board support.

If anyone knows how to hex edit the game it would be a huge addition to WAR.if it's even possible.
Just thinking out loud is it possible to hex edit a GC file and make the changes there for support?
I'm not one who is comfortable with hex editing nor do I have knowledge on how to do so.

Currently the game uses the Night battle as being the last battle,that's why there is no support for the first round of Night Battles that I'm trying to use to depict the early am attack of the Germans because of the night battle being the first battle you play there was no previous day battles to carry over the support.

following me so far?

Anyways,
I don't see any update coming soon as there is still more I would like to correct. It's a hobby,sometimes I can spend hours on end editing,sometimes like now I never touch it.maybe hopefully sometime next year.

10003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.51 KB
 Viewed:  11249 Time(s)

10003.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:44 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

I'm just curious,
Is anyone playing this Mod?

Does it need a ModSwap version?

Any feedback positive or negative for improvements would be greatly appreciated.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:02 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Went thru it 1 time all the way PM as the Axis. Trying to avoid CC burnout so taking it easy for a bit and not playing hardly any lately before getting back to it, or any other mods for the CC games that I have for awhile longer.

You made changes after completed it and it will be interesting to see how much improved it is on next sweep thru.

Thanks (as usual) for the great work.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:26 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

With the next update you will no longer know what BG's will receive the Tiger until it shows up on that given day.
Unfortunately the current release spoils this.
Same will be Applied to the Allies for some of their Heavy Tanks.

Adding one new Vehicle to the US today with the hopes of creating two more.
And still experimenting with Data for better game play.

I'm also gonna create a ModSwap version in hopes that it will play through Game Ranger.

UO0009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.21 KB
 Viewed:  10972 Time(s)

UO0009.jpg

UO0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.49 KB
 Viewed:  10972 Time(s)

UO0008.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:43 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Trying my luck with 2 new Icons and yet still stay with the CC style of art.
The HT is just for comparison.
Does the Jeep need a soldier or two to be complete?
Does it need a gun to depict the .30 or .50 Cal  or maybe I'll do both that's gonna be on it?
Edit:Added a Soldier=Jeep Icon2,also added a very down and dirty example of what they would look like in game.
Adding a Weapon just didn't work,I'm gonna go with the Info Bar in game being enough to know what Weapons the Jeep and it's Soldiers have.

While many may consider it worthless it's just a shame they never put a Jeep in the game and the M4 Tank Dozer will look good combined with the Sherman Mine Roller that the 291st Eng. Cbt. Bn. already has (inmho)

The M4 Tank Dozer does provide stronger front armor.
Hull Armor low,med,high for a normal M4 A1(75) is 120,87,70

The Dozer is currently set at 138,110,88

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  192.93 KB
 Viewed:  10927 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

Jeep Icon2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.1 KB
 Viewed:  10928 Time(s)

Jeep Icon2.jpg

BGUNIT046_000.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.77 KB
 Viewed:  10940 Time(s)

BGUNIT046_000.jpg

Tank Dozer.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.01 KB

Tank Dozer.jpg

Jeep Icon copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.3 KB

Jeep Icon copy.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Now to see how well they work.
And unfortunately they still need there own wreck.

And I believe the Icons still have that CC art style to it.

UO0029.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.46 KB
 Viewed:  498 Time(s)

UO0029.jpg

UO0027.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  577.01 KB
 Viewed:  471 Time(s)

UO0027.jpg

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Looks good!
Do mine tanks have any real effect on minefields in Close Combat?

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:19 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Both the Mine Roller Tank and the Tank Dozer can clear mines.

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:22 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Thats an awesome feature. I don't remember seeing them in CC5 tough.

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:59 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

The Mine Roller Tank was in CCIV,not sure about CCV.

The Tank Dozer and the Jeep were not stock vehicles in WAR or CCIV,it just seems uncharacteristic for the game to not have them.

I'm looking into possibly creating a Cargo Truck for the Airborne Troops.
Something along the lines of how TT did with being able to use the Troops after the vehicle was destroyed.
The vehicle would hold 7 men due to that being the limit CC can use on certain aspects of the game.
I'm not sure what type of truck to use yet but I'm kinda leaning towards the CCKW 352 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Truck,more commonly known as the "Deuce and a Half" or "Jimmy"

After that I think I'd be done with any New vehicles otherwise it kinda looses face with the name for the Mod.

Deuce and a Half.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.86 KB
 Viewed:  393 Time(s)

Deuce and a Half.jpg

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

There was also a dump model built on the 2 1/2 ton chassis if are interested in adding that unit. Engineers used it up through 'Nam.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:20 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Why didn't I take the Truce when it was offered?

Having destroyed 4 Tanks at Recht (A map I hate so F#*&ing Bad because I always get my Butt kicked)
Rather than take the Truce I just had to push him a little further believing he could destroy the Allies Moral and either push them into Retreating/Disbanding and get off this Map from Hell..

But No,
Not me,I want Medals,I want more,
Once he climbed over the Hill......................Poof ---- Up in smoke he goes.
And unfortunately never to return

UO0039.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.23 KB
 Viewed:  444 Time(s)

UO0039.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:01 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Updated first post.

Essentially nothing new just a Mod swap Version created this morning.

I'm looking for someone who is willing to try and connect through game ranger to see how it plays online.

Bungarra

Rep: 137.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:28 pm Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Am enjoying Stock Mod for WAR Platoon Micheal...

Thankyou...

The efforts you peoplle put into these great Mods is much apreciated!

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:38 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Corrected file extension name and upload link in first post.
Added Stock Mod text to the multiplayer and Command Screen.

Played 2 battles online last night.

Any input/suggestion/likes/dislikes about the Mod good or bad is appreciated.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:18 am Post subject: Re: Stock Mod for WAR Reply with quote

Keep meaning to get back to it Michael, just got sidetracked on Drizzt's excellent Kharkov mod he also ported to WAR.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: