Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 pm Post subject: CCPITF- My two cents worth Reply with quote

Here is my two cents worth on PITF; but, it may only interest novices to the Close Combat community or experienced modders. I am using a 1-5 scale and will break it down into a few categories listing what I like/dislike about the game.   First, an obvious statement: I originally bought the game because I have every other game in the series (except the service specific games: CCAT and CC: Regmt).  

Graphics: 5 of 5.  The teams at Matrix/Siltherine really did a great job with the 3d graphics.  The burning vehicles, the obvious misses and not to mention the terrain!  The forests are so real I have lost a squad of men in them before and didn't know where I had lost them until they were ambushing/coming under fire!  Great job!  Fighting at night, fighting in the fog, all great ideas!  And I really like being able to mount not only my men, but my artillery as well- and I do it often!  But, what happened to the "dig in" order?

Originality: 2 of 5. Ok, this is definitely a subjective score.  Why did we re-visit Normandy (albeit further inland/later in the campaign)? What about North Africa/Sicily/Italy?  Imagine, an inexperienced American battle group going up against seasoned veterans...learning the trade of war...but with dynamic leaders like Patton.  Or how about the ever elusive Korean War?  Sherman's against T-34's...imagine the terrain possibilities: rocky hills, to snow covered plateaus to rice paddies!  This is my first disappointment with the game.

Mod-ability 1: 2.5. This is a split score: 2.5 for the game and 2.5 for me.  This goes mainly back to the awesome graphics. With some trial and error I have learned to work with the 32-bit graphics, but not always to my satisfaction.  So, the 2.5 goes to me for either not having the knowledge/skill/programs to work with 32-bit graphics.  

Mod-ability 2: I enjoy working with the new force pools/unit structures.  The attention to detail in building accurate TOEs is obvious and kudos to the M/S team for taking the time to figure it out!  I like working with the new data sheets and building new, accurate teams.  

My last disappointment with the game.  And again, a personal one.  I enjoy the CCMT series of games (Marines, Road to Baghdad, etc) and if the M/S team were to ever take CCMT and combine it with a strategic level game like CCV I don't think I would ever stop playing it!  One thing I liked about CCMT is the different team positions: Company Cmdr, XO, Plat Ldr, Plt Sgt, RTO, Squad Ldr, etc.   I realize that having a "BAR Auto Rifleman" will not change game play, but it was one of those realistic, detailed items I liked.  In WWII they still had PltLdrs, PltSgts, Co. XO's etc.  Why did the M/S team settle for the old "Leader, Assistant Leader, Basic, Sniper" positions instead of the 32 positions of CCMT?  

To wrap it up- I am glad I bought the game to add to my collection, to play and to give me something new to mod. Overall, taking the game as it stands, I give it a 4.0.  Great job Matrix/Silterine developers.  

Now when will you develop a game with modern equipment and strategic maps?  Things are heating up in North Korea...imagine an American Armored Brigade going against an artillery-heavy North Korean Motorized Division?!   Cool   Keep up the good work!

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:29 am Post subject: Re: CCPITF- My two cents worth Reply with quote

Greats ideas bel!

i have a ccmt data base work in pitf...I want a mini mod based in fallujah(Iraq)..concrete in in jolan district.

a mod based in korea years 50 or modern days would be great!

if yo want info of data base ccmt on pitf send me a pm!

heia Safari!!

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:30 pm Post subject: Re: CCPITF- My two cents worth Reply with quote

Thanx Bel.

Very good post.

I don’t own PitF yet. Theres a new way of picing the force in PitF? Its not like CC3 nor CC5 as I understood. How do you fined the new way of team selection, compared to the old games?  

/S

Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: CCPITF- My two cents worth Reply with quote

AT_Stalky- I like the new way of selecting teams, with one exception- for 1st and 2nd Platoon you are selecting just that: full platoon (or a % of a platoon depending on day/turn/strength).  Unlike CC3 or CC5 where you get to choose which teams you want to fill each squad slot.  Now, 3rd platoon you can still do individual selections.  Here is the good side of that though- within the FP/(new) UnitStructures/AITeams txt files it is easy to manipulate your team sizes.  It takes a little work to fully understand how it all works together but easy once you do it a few times.  So, to answer your question---I do like it.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: CCPITF- My two cents worth Reply with quote

Thanx, it does sound intresting.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: