Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Am I correct that the server for multi player has been down a few days?

I can't seem to connect anymore.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:13 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Stwa is probably the best person to comment on CCMT and how it changed from its release to the last patch (including the June 17/2009 exe that was in CC2Redux mod, but never released as part of a patch).

WAR has had many code updates that significantly improved the game from its release (it now has all TLD features plus the updated path finding from LSA back ported to it). Many of platoon_michael's complaints, I believe but he is posting so can agree/disagree, tend to be more data/graphic/map coding related issues. These are fixable but to his point when you pay for a game you do not expect to have to fix these things yourself....

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:34 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Edit: the leaves elements are probably okay or need to changed just slightly when looking at other elements (ex. interior doors/walls have a protection value of 3 while out wood building doors/walls have a protection value of 4). LSA/PiTF have some revised calculation/formulas that make older higher values from CC5 not usable.

Yes, the PitF has the wood wall set to protection = 4, but it also has the wood floor protection set at 4… ? How can a floor give the same protection as a wall?

Funny enough the floors in PitF has the same protection values in all situations, = 4..  I belived that Floors are more protecting in prone, than compared to standing up (furniture’s and fixed mountings protectes more in prone?), no?
Why does a small tree in PitF have the protection value of 10, when the wood wall has the protection of 4, etc etc etc…?

Why does grass, high grass, bush, etc not have any protection in prone, value 0? If the ground in Normandy was football fields I would agree to that but they are not are they? Implicitly, when going to the ground, we automaticly seek cover, we crawl our self to small depressions in the ground or behind small hindrances as rubble or logs etc etc.. This gives protection doesnt it?

I can go on if you like to?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:38 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

I actually agree with you AT_Stalky that the coding is causing most or some of the problems people are seeing and can be edited. I only pointed out that those high values for leaves, that were probably perfect in CC5, probably need to be adjusted down when looking at other elements because of the new formulas used in LSA and PiTF.

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Here are some more thoughs on PitF:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3307860

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Yes you right Tejszd, PitF use new formula for column G, H, I, J, oght to be a smaller numbers than what i first suggested.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Stwa is probably the best person to comment on CCMT and how it changed from its release to the last patch (including the June 17/2009 exe that was in CC2Redux mod, but never released as part of a patch).

WAR has had many code updates that significantly improved the game from its release (it now has all TLD features plus the updated path finding from LSA back ported to it). Many of platoon_michael's complaints, I believe but he is posting so can agree/disagree, tend to be more data/graphic/map coding related issues. These are fixable but to his point when you pay for a game you do not expect to have to fix these things yourself....

CCMT is an outstanding game! IMHO, CCMT has never been patched. The Jan 2008 "patch" was really just a re-release that included all the stuff that they hadn't got permission to use from the various service branches (i.e. USMC, RAF). CCMT has been totally stable, with zero critical bugs. There are some cosmetics that I wish they would fix. In so doing they would have a gem on their hands.

If a person were to get CCMT and the latest version of 5CC, which would allow a person to modify maps, cutting them (or whatever), in seconds, then they could make map material for CCMT until they puke. Its what I have done, and the main reason I don't really consider any other CC title, is because all in all, over time, I have figured out that I am very satisfied with CCMT, where I can do modern and WW2.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Tejszd,

What I have always wondered, why was there a different exe in the CC2 Redux mod. Why did that happen? I am not sure, at all, and I guess you might be a better judge than me, but was that exe really the CCM v5 exe. It seems people took that as a sign they would release it sometime with a patch and appearently that exe allows some other things like civilians, etc..

Why is Matrix so quiet about it all? 

Last edited by Stwa on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:34 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Agreed!

Right now, the best thing happening, and it was right under our noses for along time, is the fact that WAR and TLD are roughly the same regarding mods. It just seems a no brainer to support these two games, by moving more mods from CC5 to them.

I have heard platoon_michael from time to time, and I share his frustration. The CC team just doesn't have enough pride in the product to stop and and at least polish one title off until its perfect. By that I mean all cosmetic UI stuff gone, and a good functioning game, that does not CTD during the campaign game. Why can't they do this? What on earth is the matter with them?

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Quote:
Why can't they do this? What on earth is the matter with them?

It seems there's only one programmer for all versions.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 am Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

OIC, I didn't know that  Exclamation [slaps forehead]

Well, me thinks Matrix knows the games will sell either way.

100, yipee. Maybe a good time to retire.  Idea

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:04 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Quote:
It just seems a no brainer to support these two games, by moving more mods from CC5 to them.

Can't agree with you enough STWA. TT's Vetmod, multiple beach mods and the just released BOB are pretty much IT for moth WAR and TLD while there are many FINE CC5 mods begging to be released for the better WAR/TLD engines.

Kharkov would be a winner any day should it get converted, as well as someone finishing up the never completed Kursk, if anyone ever had the time, or felt like taking one of those on.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:16 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
100, yipee. Maybe a good time to retire.  Idea

I gave you -1 rep - if you say you will retire at 100, I will keep you at 99 Wink

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:54 am Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

haha,

Very funny.  Laughing

Don't worry, I will be back when Matrix patches CCMT.  Wink

Or, when QE3 ends.  Laughing

Or, when the Reupublicans win an election.  Laughing

Just kidding of course.

chessmaster

Rep: 33.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:28 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Although you guys are going off topic, i ve learned some stuff again, but i could understand half of it
I m no editor, thats one of the reasons

But why dont understand is that you guys from the site, dont work with matrix to solve these problems, you would be a wonderful addition

i don t know, how it is on matrix website? if there are discussions like this, but they could sure learn a lot from you geniuses, you guys have all the experience in modding

I m gonna wait with buying Pitf, like mooxe said they havent done enough, the LOS problem i think is a huge disadvantage for me so, next to other bugs and gameplay futures

Part of being a commander is knowing when to smile, make the troops happy
even if it is the last thing in the world you want to do

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:04 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

Most people here are very game specific.
And if I had to guess I would say that's CCV.

I'd have to say the most heated arguments came from people here pointing out issues with WaR and getting those supporting WaR from Matrix to acknowledging them.
for the longest time the Matrix supporters just didn't want to accept what was posted here.
And in all honesty it sometimes got down right ugly (Probably more so from myself)
probably time for me to apologize to all those who are/were with Matrix.
I'm sorry.
(Except Flamethrower),he can still Fuck-Off

Add to that a $50 price tag to any of the re-releases it just didn't sit well with many people.
Why would anyone want to pay $50 for a new game to Beta test it was the thought among many and probably still is.
If I'm not mistaken I would imaging those who worked on the re-releases consider the bulk of the people here ungrateful.

Your question can be two fold in that there is also nothing wrong with Matrix coming here and participating.
There's only 2 sites for CC
Here
Matrix

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:28 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

I think you can also add to the fact that nobody here wants to play Another Normandy Campaign.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:30 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I think you can also add to the fact that nobody here wants to play Another Normandy Campaign.

**OR** Another mod for any of the previous releases and it boggles my mind why some release them when there are so many still interesting skirmishes out there that have not been covered. I understand the "perfect" maps wouldn't be there for some, but all that effort for yet another beach head mod just......

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:53 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):

**OR** Another mod for any of the previous releases and it boggles my mind why some release them when there are so many still interesting skirmishes out there that have not been covered. I understand the "perfect" maps wouldn't be there for some, but all that effort for yet another beach head mod just......

Knock yourself out.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:58 pm Post subject: Re: Is it worth buying with the new patch that came out? Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):

Knock yourself out.

Actually did sit down and attempt to figure it out years ago on CC3. No Thanks PM. Enjoy the WAR ones you have and several other CC5 conversions on the meantime and ALWAYS hoping something will be done in Italy.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: