Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1239
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Silverpen

Rep: 28.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:46 pm Post subject: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

Hello,

Can a can a bona fide copy of CC5, before it gets damaged from use etc (or any other CC original disc) with 5:01 patch installed, be used with Config Manager to play mods or is the original game disc always required? Is some kind of a fix,patch, crack required?

Silverpen

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:47 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

Use virtual images and a virtual drive.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

Game disk is not required for most mods.

Not sure if a copy will work with the unmodded game. Back in the day it wouldn't, but that was 13 years ago.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:44 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

A copy of an original game should be the same as the original. Close combat games of old didn't have them encrypting gizmos. A friend sent me a copy of CC4 once all the way from Spain and it worked flawlessly.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

The original CDs do have copy protection. IIRC that copy protection is now obsolete using today's CD copying software. I specifically remember my CC5 copies not being recognized when trying to launch the game.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:32 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

Ok maybe they had some protection but as you say it may have depended on the software doing the copying.

I think that in the end is easier to use virtual Images, I think I've not used a disk to play CC since the early 2000's

Silverpen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:06 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. I have a HP Pavilion Laptop DV6 with 4 G of ram (250M video shared) and 250 G hard drive. I have a partitioned hard drive C and original disc C5 installation with 5:01 patch and Config Manager 13 all work all work fine in new D.

CC5 original disc is getting a little worn and doesn't always install properly.
I have made a good copy of it but the copy is not recognized when trying to install and launch basic game without any patch etc. Looks like copy protection still works?

I also noticed that some Mods do play without original, some go screwy and don't play properly or open all options and some ask for original.

I installed a virtual drive F and and installed original. It did not recognize copy and did not work either!!!! Perhaps someone can give me detailed
instructions on getting original disc of CC5 to copy  install  and run on virtual drive.

Thanks all

Silverpen

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:38 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

I just reinstalled a fresh copy of CC5 using an image of more than 7 years ago. I'm using PowerISO but I've done it with Daemon tools too.

1.- mounted image of CC5 into virtual drive and installed to D partition
2.- installed patch to some folder on C, then copied the contents of ssi\close combat invasion normandy into main game folder, rewrite everything
3.- Started game from shortcut,
4.- it says it doesn't recognize disk, click accept
5.- another pop up window appears, click "browse"
6.- select virtual drive to where you mounted the closecombat image
7.- Play!

Silverpen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov,

Okay I need more precise details from you on using PowerIso which I have now installed.I am not very familiar with mounting images,programs etc etc on a virtual drive.
1) When you say you mounted an image of CC5 onto virtual drive is the "image" just a copy of all the files and folders from original CC5 disc, or a
 downloaded version of the game disc inself or an installed copy of the game itself?
2)Besides having partitioned the laptop's hard drive C with another drive D I have also recently purchased a separate hard drive with 500G connected
 to my computer with a USB port formatted it NTFS with Acronis software and named it F. I am assuming I can now use F as well as D to install virtual drive.
3)I don't understand what you are saying here.."copied the contents of ssi\close combat invasion normandy into main game folder"? Copied what
  exactly..where exactly?  the game folder? the installed game what?
4) "rewrite everything" what does this mean?
5) "Started game from shortcut" Where is and where did the game shortcut come from?
6) The rest seems fairly straight forward..I hope..

Thanks once again for your time and patience.

Silverpen

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

1.- is an image of a CC5 cd
2.- you can even copy the installation of CC5 to an USB and then export the registry key of mattel games and ssi and copy the contents on another PC and just change the parameters of the directories on the *.reg file, then double click the reg file and you can play anywhere.
3.-I let the patch be installed in c because that's how I do it. I then copy the pertinent files to my install directory of CC5.
4.- rewrite every file in cc5 main directory with those of the patch
5.- the shortcut is on the main cc5 directory or in the desktop if you created one. Do not start the game from the cd.
6.- good luck!

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:14 am Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
1.- is an image of a CC5 cd
2.- you can even copy the installation of CC5 to an USB and then export the registry key of mattel games and ssi and copy the contents on another PC and just change the parameters of the directories on the *.reg file, then double click the reg file and you can play anywhere.
3.-I let the patch be installed in c because that's how I do it. I then copy the pertinent files to my install directory of CC5.
4.- rewrite every file in cc5 main directory with those of the patch
5.- the shortcut is on the main cc5 directory or in the desktop if you created one. Do not start the game from the cd.
6.- good luck!

That ccstarter also that is here (forget location) for scrolling speed fix some get with CC5 might help this user once they get past that issue.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:53 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

forgot to add to also modify the value "installed to" in both the 5.00 and 5.01 registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat to your actual install directory since it retains the default install path.

Silverpen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:58 pm Post subject: Re: Use of a Copy of Original CC game disc Reply with quote

PzT_Kanov;

Thanks for getting back to me. I can't get a copy of original CC5 disc to work...no matter . I can't even find the registry keys you mentioned so I have given up. What appears simple for you sure isn't for me.There must be an easier way.

Silverpen

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: