Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1225
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
nikin

Rep: 15.7
votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:53 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

TheImperatorKnight wrote (View Post):
But, the danger is, if CC doesn't change with the times, it will die. I'd rather see the CC series continue than have it die.
Nonsense. Matrix does not develop Close combat. On one small achievement has ten minuses. Obvious bugs in their releases are not eliminated over the years.

In addition, because of the lack of knowledge they have, come on old rake.
For example, I mentioned the change maps scale  in LSA and PITF (without the necessary data changes). This has already been passed in CC5 Stalingrad. And it was recognized error.

A similar mistake is too narrow strategy map in TLD.

21 unit in PITF another is not a calculated innovation. Another solution existed - for example union of two mortars in one unit  is able to release 1-2 slots.

Last designed game that was indisputable innovation - CC Marines lineup.

The original games have always been bad, and the responsibility falls on the shoulders of modders. Required tools has always been.
Unfortunately modders crap.
It came down to drawing maps and vehicles.
There is only one modder who is able to solve such problems and bring together all the pieces of the puzzle (game mechanics + limitations and realistic data for the troops, vehicles and weapons).
The other modders molded cakes in the sandbox and they blame for the current situation.

Cheers, nikin

Bungarra

Rep: 137.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:09 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Not quite sure what you are trying to say Nikin...

But I can assure you that I and every one here at CCS have the utmost respect for all modders here...

That the game itself is released with flaws is unfortunate.

But the dedicated crew of modders has only made our experience better.

They can only work with what they have & I dips my lid to them...

Long may they continue to do so..

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

nikin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:48 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

2Bungarra

If you want to see a direct connection then I'll show you.

Mod CC3 Real Red - terrible data (see here http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9047). And that  data using Matrix for CC COI.

Same Matrix take big map sizes from GJS for TLD and other releases... and further increases the limit on size of maps. And now Cathartes making a map for the mod with the new maximum size (4800x4800 pixels). The circle is closed.

Now began games with soldiers size and more.

Contribution modders to downgrade Close Combat is difficult to overestimate. IMHO.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

This thread feels like 8 other threads made in-between the re-releases…

Kanov & Mooxe much expressed my thoughts. The series have not developed into a version that is superior. Has it progressed at all?

3D, hm, I don’t know…

Somehow the devs seemed that more maps was superior and an improvement, 64 maps… Well, 44 was  too many for most players, who can honestly say that they finished a GC in CC4-5. We are exhausted when we come to the 20 th round, (apx 200 games played). How many half finished or started GC's do you have in yer save folder? Now PITF has 35 maps, that’s better… But, a well made well thought out GC is way more important than the number of maps.

My thoughts today, is that the dev either should accept that the game is a multiplayer game, and try to adjust the product to that. That includes a simple to use multiplayer lobby, with no need to open ports etc.. It may also require that the GC idea may be radically changed from the CC3 linear, and CC5 style GC to something new. Perhaps, several parallel smaller operations with much fewer games in each operation are the way to go? Maybe like 5 – 10 games per operation. That makes it much easier for a player to fine a H2H opponent that can actually commit to a manageable number of games within a reasonable timeframe. Somthing like that may draw ppl to the lobby. Though... What’s probley needed is an analysis why H2H has declined and died, and make adjustments to workaround the reasons and focus development to that.  

Or, if the H2H game is thought to be history and impossible to revive then the developers should focus on improve the AI, so it meats the wishes of the gamers. But I believe that the dev needs to decide where to go with the product, instead of this half in between – non satisfied situation we are in now where AI players are not satisfied and H2H just don’t work with current lobby and GC styles…  

Again, the new CC in 3D, with the new “unity engine”… With one programmer… I strongly doubt that the programmer and that engine will be an “improvement” or a successor of the CCs engine that mimics the soldiers moral, panic, skills and almost human like behaviour.  I seriously doubt that… Maybe a successor of Red Alert…..
Or the programmer need to gut the old CC-games soldier behaviour- code and include it in the new 3D-CC, but then, it will the same ole CC with added optical chewing gum.

jockthesock

Rep: 48.4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:22 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Should do a series on the battles on the German frontier. Riechwald forest, Heurgen forest etc.

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Quote:
Same Matrix take big map sizes from GJS for TLD and other releases... and further increases the limit on size of maps. And now Cathartes making a map for the mod with the new maximum size (4800x4800 pixels). The circle is closed.

So I killed the series!?  My bad.  

Oddly enough, I always liked the Carter Family's rendition of "Can the Circle be Unbroken" I guess I really took it to heart.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:35 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Same Matrix take big map sizes from GJS for TLD and other releases... and further increases the limit on size of maps. And now Cathartes making a map for the mod with the new maximum size (4800x4800 pixels). The circle is closed. -nikin

Perhaps, but the scale HAS changed since PitF and 4800x4800 pixel map equals 600 meter battlefield. In the older scale you needed 3000x3000 pixel map for that. Which was still huge for infantry battles. So I am guessing, they (Cathartes et al) want vehicle battles, but 600 meter map is still too small for that. So infantry battles get screwed and vehicle battles remain screwed.  Laughing

It is not the Carter Family, but I like this version.

Link

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:57 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

What they should have done in the first place is release WaR and then any subsequent iteration as an add-on campaign module for WaR improving the core game with every new addition. It saves work for the programmer too because he can focus on one game instead of five or six, it makes the price more affordable for us since we would have the base game already, better price means more consumers and more profit for the developers, they could even release small add-ons for vehicles, sounds etc at fair prices. -Kanov

Exactly my thought down through the years and I have said so many times.

However, there was a small problem with that. And that problem was Atomic and Destineer. And maybe Matrix too. Matrix didn't just call over to Destineer one day and say "Hey, how about we re-release your CC game titles." They had to work the contract out over a long period of time, so maybe someone was being obstinate. There were no CC WW2 releases from Destineer or Atomic from 2000-2005.

So, someone in the equation wanted each game brought up to current OS DX standards and released one at a time. LSA was optional if sales were good, and then after LSA, Matrix could do whatever they wanted, hence PitF.

nikin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:32 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
So I killed the series!?  My bad.
Map size  - a moot point.
But CC5 GJS - the most popular mod. And he shows a very casual attitude towards data. And it has set the bar as high as for other modders, and for Matrix.

For example, old GJS vehicles data taken from CC3 Real Red (see above).

Or maps encoding (see image). And this Benouvill (as other maps) Matrix taken without changes!!!

This is evidence that the data for the Matrix is secondary.
Question - it would be a different attitude from Matrix, if we had modders-professionals?

2Stwa I tell about LSA (not about PITF) + Map size does not determine range of duels - too many obstacles (especially in Normandy).

2013-08-08 10 19 53.jpg
 Description:
Old Benouville - select grass field
 Filesize:  638.44 KB
 Viewed:  11927 Time(s)

2013-08-08 10 19 53.jpg

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:02 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):

… Maybe a successor of Red Alert…..

Now you're talking! I could really use a few Tesla towers to help defend Gold beach  Wink

Sapa

Rep: 76.3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:34 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

If there will be rain in Operation Epsom, please give me the option to turn it of it because i dont want the running Girls to get Dirty..

/Mats

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:50 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
Now you're talking! I could really use a few Tesla towers to help defend Gold beach  Wink

3D CC, added realism now with Medic dogs, and Tanja.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:04 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Nikin, the bad map codes in the matrix versions…

What’s funny is perhaps not that they have taken maps from the GJS -mod without fixing less than perfect codes… The codes in GJS -mod are actually really good, especially compared to the new maps made for the “new” matrix CC. Look at some of the new maps made for (as an example) TLD, they must have used Picasso as a subcontractor to make the swiping-clutch like code…. CC Realism = very good map codes, and a very good elements file.

The implications of the errors in the WaR - TLD – LSA – PITF elements file and map codes tells a story. How can such errors be made by a competent developer, again and again and...… Why dint the testers pick that up. Why havnt the developer been able to translate the complains about LOS to the error in the elements file and the code and the elevations of the maps?

Lets face it. As long as the developer don’t have a competent quality leader, we will not get a good game from them. Consider what Nikin point at, and my example above, can such a developer make an “improved” version of CC…?  

Me, I doubt it.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

OK,

Good observation Stalky ... but  Arrow

IS ANYONE ELSE DETECTING THIS VIRUS WHEN THEY CONNECT TO THE CCS SERVER.  Question  Laughing

I am wondering because it was funny at first, but now its no longer funny. It has been going on all day.  Shocked

nikin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:32 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

The codes in GJS -mod are actually really good,

How? I open GJS 4.4 mappack, take Benouville map and create this image. Picasso started right here ...

And the fact that the Matrix code trash - not in doubt.

Mana

Rep: 3.9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

As the Dutch say "the best steersmen are ashore" fits perfectly in this thread  Wink

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Mana wrote (View Post):
As the Dutch say "the best steersmen are ashore" fits perfectly in this thread  Wink

Indeed, I even have a image of the steersman.

matrix close combat captain (kopia).jpg
 Description:
Matrix blackhand CC developer steersman
 Filesize:  229.18 KB
 Viewed:  11661 Time(s)

matrix close combat captain (kopia).jpg

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Mana, I wish I hadn't read your Dunglish. You may want to look up the correct translation.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:41 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Mana wrote (View Post):

Indeed, I even have a picture of the steersman.

Pete wrote (View Post):
Mana, I wish I hadn't read your Dunglish. You may want to look up the correct translation.

Too funny!  Laughing

Mana

Rep: 3.9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

There are probably several translations for this saying, please forgive me for choosing the one you didn't like pete.

What I ment to point out was that there is allot of confusion in this thread that is largely based on assumptions. Both cathartes and I have nothing to do with Blackhand nor Matrixgames. The fact is, is that they are publishing our work officially. Luckily we have the rights to adapt the engine slightly and have Steve McLair on our side.

Every close combat release has had it's ups and downs, my guess is that it is a matter of what people would like and choose to see.
Currently we're doing everything within our capabilties to make this release better than it's predecessor. And I'm sure some people will like it and some won't.

So I'm very happy to do my share within this community!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: