Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Mana wrote (View Post):
Both cathartes and I have nothing to do with Blackhand nor Matrixgames.  

Okay,

Mana wrote (View Post):
The fact is, is that they are publishing our work officially.  

what..

Mana wrote (View Post):
Luckily we have the rights to adapt the engine slightly and have Steve McLair on our side.

uhhhm

Mana wrote (View Post):
 Currently we're doing everything within our capabilties to make this release better than it's predecessor.

hmmuhm

BTW, is that a fishing boat? considering the..

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:35 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Code:
What they should have done in the first place is release WaR and then any subsequent iteration as an add-on campaign module for WaR improving the core game with every new addition. It saves work for the programmer too because he can focus on one game instead of five or six, it makes the price more affordable for us since we would have the base game already, better price means more consumers and more profit for the developers, they could even release small add-ons for vehicles, sounds etc at fair prices. -Kanov

That was the plan when WaR was released, hence the /D switch to swith to the game you want to play.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

So,

Is it possible, then to port LSA back to WAR/TLD.

I realize the BRIDGE BLOW would be lost,  Laughing , but apart from that, would it be possible.  Question

I recently acquired WAR, and I have a sense that I am not wasting enough time in my life. [no quotes please  Laughing ]

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:04 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Luckily we have the rights to adapt the engine slightly and have Steve McLair on our side. -mana

OK, so who is on the OTHER SIDE  Question  Laughing

Is it Matrix ... Stalky ... pvt_grunt  Confused

Tell us.  Exclamation

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

In theory it could work, you will just need the maps and all the lsa files, put them in a separate folder inside the main install dir and use the /d switch.

Of course you have to take into consideration the whole points to choose units thing, static BG's designation and other stuff that probably adds columns to the data files. I can't confirm if LSA does in fact adds some columns to data files since I don't have it, if it doesn't then your task of importing it to TLD or WaR would be easier. As I said in another post I could play the VetBob mod for WaR by platoon_michael on TLD by just pasting the files in there.

I think it would be best to treat LSA as the ultimate re-release CC pre-PitF and port everything to it.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Yup,

In the begining, that's what I thought too. Everything should go to LSA. But, that's when the maps really started to change. Everything on them got beeger, without a corresponding scale change for movement and weapon ranges. There are just too many titles out there and the purgatory continues.

I suppose if you were going to port to LSA, shouldn't you just port to PitF.  Question

I am hoping Schrecken can think of a way where the maps can be changed (without actually changing them), so they count as modified, so if someone were to rip them we wouldn't be messin with the EULA.  Laughing

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

I think it would be best to treat LSA as the ultimate re-release CC pre-PitF and port everything to it. -kanov

You know what would really sell me on that idea. If every mod that is ported to LSA, retains the original LSA art for the UI (background, counters, etc.), no matter what mod it is.  Idea

For instance, port CC4 (the battle of the bulge), with the itty bitty maps. And cut a few of the really small ones out of the mod. So that you end up with 30 or so maps.

But no matter how small the maps are, be sure to use all 16 Victory Locations on each map.  Laughing

I could go for a mod like that. Seriously.  Cool

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

But PiTF doesn't have the super-awesome ability to combine BG's with out merging them!

Plus PitF has so many things different that you might as well just start from scratch. You can't just take TLD files and adapt them to PitF for example like you could in theory do with LSA-TLD (can someone that has War or TLD and LSA confirm how different are they in the data please?).

You don't have to play LSA if you don't like it, but if you have the means why not porting the other released versions that does interest you? LSA has everything from previous available CC plus new cool features. Is the last one that looks normal for us old vets too. You can ditch the maps and add new ones. Are there not like more than 600 maps for CC3 alone out there?

I don't have money to spend right now to do this but I will have hopefully by the end of the year and then I will go wild baby!

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:40 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Good point on the maps.

For some reason, I have this beeg problem with the apparent map scale changing every game. It really bugs me. I am guessing most people aren't that bothered by it.

I might even take a shot at moving CCMT over, if DAK_Legion would pitch in.

OH WAIT  Exclamation  Exclamation

This just popped up while I was typeing, and I knew Stalky would be interested, so I took a screen shot.  Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

nikin

Rep: 15.7
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Mana wrote (View Post):
Both cathartes and I have nothing to do with Blackhand nor Matrixgames. The fact is, is that they are publishing our work officially. Luckily we have the rights to adapt the engine slightly and have Steve McLair on our side.
Dream Team. Some results have already been achieved:

Steve McLair will postpone work on patches;
Mana interrupted his work on mod Kursk 43;
Cathartes delayed release GJS.

Mana wrote (View Post):
Currently we're doing everything within our capabilties to make this release better than it's predecessor.
I am confused by the lack of combat experience of this team. Their criteria are vague.

In general, under the brand Matrix I do not expect anything more.

Last edited by nikin on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

What is up with this place.  Question

Mooxe, this site is going to hell in a handbasket.  Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

In general, under the brand Matrix I do not expect anything more. -nikin

OK, I get it. It just takes me longer than the others.

So, where are we going to get our CC titles now. Question

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

WOW,

They just keep popping up. First, at the top of the screen, then on the bottom of the screen. It's like they have been here at our site. There is one for everybody.  Laughing  Idea

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:36 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

OK,

You guys are nine pages in, and I am getting the feeling that you haven't reached a consensus.  Laughing  Exclamation

If true, does anybody mind if we take a break, and do something that is fun.  Question

Never mind.  Idea

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

I guess the Train-wrecks thread will be resurrected soon.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Sorry mooxe,  My bad, its all my fault.  Crying or Very sad  

I don't have money to spend right now to do this but I will have hopefully by the end of the year and then I will go wild baby! -kanov

So how much are we talking about here. LSA?

PM your shipping address and I don't mind spotting you. (DDL and box) You can pay me back the next time you are in Arizona.  Laughing

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:10 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Well that was... unexpected.

PM sent!

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:29 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

OK,

Got your PM. I will take care of it tonight or in the morning.

If anyone else wants a better price on a digital download for LSA, check this out.

LSA Digital Download

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:53 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Luckily we have the rights to adapt the engine slightly and have Steve McLair on our side. -mana

OK, so who is on the OTHER SIDE  Question  Laughing

Is it Matrix ... Stalky ... pvt_grunt  Confused

Tell us.  Exclamation

Just holding the moral high ground against the biased hordes below... Twisted Evil

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:46 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
OK,

Got your PM. I will take care of it tonight or in the morning.

If anyone else wants a better price on a digital download for LSA, check this out.

LSA Digital Download

Never heard of that software site before. They actually have some decent prices on a couple looked at also STWA.. Weird how after all the time we learn sumfin' new...

JS

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: