Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:36 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

They did say that PiTF would be the last non 3D Close Combat but maybe it is taking more effort/time to do then originally thought.  So ithey will release, what right now looks like an add-on to PiTF, another 2d game.....

Wonder....
- what, if any, new features are going to be coded for it???
- what the cost will be (add-on or full game)???

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:20 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

@ Matrix
Thanks for another FUCKING Normandy game. Cant wait. Rolling Eyes

probably the first time I've ever agreed with Stwa

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:38 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Haha, Panther G vs Cromwell IV is everywhere - so dramatical, but unfortunately unrealistic Smile

Too bad the simple rank graphics glitches are never looked at...I'm spotting more panzer crews with infantry double litzen collar insignia and red arty waffenfarbe.
The CC5 engine restricted rank graphics slots...the Matrix rereleases opened up those restrictions...but the devs time and time again messed up these simple graphic details  Rolling Eyes

But it's great to hear that this time good people are taken on board! Good luck, Guys!

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:49 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

I HAD TO comment...bought them all but this time..hmmm..WHY cant you leave the fucking hedges and the year 1944!? use the year but make a East front game please!!

Is it the same team that will "test" it this time?  Shocked

/Mats

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
I HAD TO comment...bought them all but this time..hmmm..WHY cant you leave the fucking hedges and the year 1944!? use the year but make a East front game please!!

Is it the same team that will "test" it this time?  Shocked

/Mats

Couldn't agree more.  If they're doing a Brits vs German game (first time ever!) they could have chosen North Africa, or Italy or something. Crete even. Anywhere but Normandy!

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:24 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Easier to do Normandy...same old looking maps that you can cut-and-paste from the old games/mods and no need to work on new element files (the current Normandy element file for the rereleases still needs tweaking)  Very Happy
Basically the same nations, units and weapons...same vehicles with samey camo schemes etc.

So.........more time to work on the new features and introduce new bugs!  Rolling Eyes

Prolly gonna buy it anyway...for a few weeks of fun before putting it away waiting for those patches  Twisted Evil

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:39 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Here is the comments from the Matrix developer pn the new CC's from the Matrix forum PiTF forum: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3368361

Steve McClaire wrote:

Gateway to Caen is planned for release towards the end of this year (or early next) and will be based on the existing Panthers in the Fog engine with all new maps and units to support the campaign setting (Operation EPSOM). There are also plans to redo many of the game graphics (vehicles, effects, etc) as well as the sounds. Code changes are still being discussed at this time so I can't give you anything specific on that yet.

The Bloody First is planned for release next year and will use the new 3D engine.

Steve

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:22 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

The Bloody First is planned for release next year and will use the new 3D engine.

Assuming the Bloody First is referring to the 1st Inv. Div (It's first up in a Google search) you can either assume Africa or Normandy.
I would hope it's not a Modern day game such as Korea,Vietnam,Iraq

Of course I hope it's another Battle of the Bulge game,but won't hold my breath on it.
Wouldn't make sense to call it that.

I guess it's possible the name could be all smoke and mirrors for now and I wouldnt be surprised if it was.
Just seems like a very UN-attractive name to me.

I never found the Maps from Jim's Africa Mod to be attractive to me,not that they weren't well done just very bland.
I mean how much can you really do with a desert map?

Oh well,wait and see,hope for the Best

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:46 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

A Battle of the Bulge game in 3D if done properly is without a doubt the BEST avenue to take.

Weather if done properly would be Awesome.
Strategically speaking it's always been the best of the CC series.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:34 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

WAR, TLD, LSA and PIF..yes there are roads on the map and at least me whants the vehichles to use them without getting them bogged down all the time and the girlie Soldiers is nice (at least in Euro 2013 ladies(specially the Swedish ones and the nice black girl from France that runs like hell) but i dont like them in CC...

What is the problem really..i cant understand why their isnt noticed in any of the new games that you have to click with your mouse 500 times every battle! It doesent matter that you change the game to better Graphics (yes it is nice) when the Girls ruines the game..

Im an old fool playing the game since -97 and you still havent succeded in making a good Close Combat 2!

Shame on You Matrix! (yes its 2013 now)

Mats

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:24 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

I see why they're doing Normandy again (because it sells, and is easier like squadleader said), but I'm sure a "Close Combat: Rommel" based in North Africa would probably sell just as well. I don't know why they don't just try something new.

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

According to Steve McClaire
[quote]...in the single player grand campaign you will be carrying a force of the US 1st Infantry division through three campaigns... [/quote]

we may not be able to fight on both the German and Allied side in the game. The ability to fight on either side in a campaign was always the best part of close combat for me, just as the individual unit selection system, and now they've removed both.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:08 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Gateway to Caen will be a stand-alone game -- Panthers in the Fog will not be required to play it.

As a general caveat, The Bloody First is fairly early in development, and anything I say is 'the current plan' and may change before release.

The Bloody First campaign is going to look more like CC3's campaign system -- in the single player grand campaign you will be carrying a force of the US 1st Infantry division through three campaigns: Tunisia, Sicily, and Normandy. It will be more dynamic than CC3 though, as there will be triggers and decision points that will alter the 'flow' of an operation and campaign. Say your objective in an operation is to seize a hill, and you do it easily and quickly. This could trigger a counter-attack battle, or it could trigger a follow-on battle where you are pursuing the defeated enemy down a long road map. If you capture a given road junction you may get a choice of where to proceed from there, etc.

Steve

I didn't see what DoktorPaj posted but there's no reason for me to look any further.
If what he Dok posted is true
That's everything I didn't want in a game.

No Strategic Map?

Reading that is just a huge dagger for me.
Kinda like finding out that Rich Super Model you've been fucking for years has been cheating on you with a Midget.

Looks Like I better learn how to create graphics and hopefully,somehow,maybe keep WAR interesting for me.

Next

Last edited by platoon_michael on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

No strat map, but they're making a CC3 campaign that's more dynamic. That's a win.

It sounds a lot like their Panzer Corps campaign (it might not be). If it is, I'm really looking forward to it because that system works well. Anyone who like CC3's (and possibly CCMT's?) campaign system will like this.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:59 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

To be fair it does not says specifically with those words that there isn't going to be a strategic map. And reading it well it really has more similarities with CC2 campaign, for example in CC2 if you failed to grab the Arnhem rail bridge (First Battle in the campaign) then you could not retreat from the Arnhem Operation to Oosterbeek and you where doomed to stand fast or die at the Arnhem Bridge (That is if you actually made it there), other form of trigger was the delay of constructing bridges if the real ones were blown up. There were a couple of situations like that when the outcome of one battle affected the strategic outcome sometimes of another OP like the polish drops.

CC3 was straight up linear combat operation and campaign, I think Steve meant that the similarities of CC3 with the new 3D CC is more in the form of carrying the same core force (Battle group or groups??) through several campaigns and watching them gain experience.

At least that is what I want to believe he meant.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:36 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Kinda like reading all of Stwa's post about how great CCMT all these years  only to watch him drop the ball when somebody actually wants help in the modding forums and Stwa totally missed it. Laughing  

SchneleMeyer = AT_Stalky or pvt_Grunt, or maybe Homeland Security.  Laughing

That kind of stuff is Tejszd's department.  Idea

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:40 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):

I thought your were "IN" on the Nibiru thing. (so its the second time).  Shocked

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:37 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
southern_land wrote (View Post):

I thought your were "IN" on the Nibiru thing. (so its the second time).  Shocked

the end of life as we know it (in both ways)  LOL

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:24 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Sounds like it will not have a stratmap like in CC4-PITF, most probably just a map with locked missions on it - linear with some cross-roads.
That would actually make sense to play vs AI and might have a quite interesting SP GC.
But then MP would downgrad to single battles and small ops on 1 map - definitely not my way Smile.

Anyway sounds alot like Combat Mission to me.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:25 am Post subject: Re: New Close Combat Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
And reading it well it really has more similarities with CC2 campaign...
CC3 was straight up linear combat operation and campaign, I think Steve meant that the similarities of CC3 with the new 3D CC is more in the form of carrying the same core force (Battle group or groups??) through several campaigns and watching them gain experience.

It basically sounds like the best of both. In Panzer Corps you have one unit that you go through the campaign with (like CC3), but depending on how well you do on a specific mission affects which battles you fight, or even where the campaign ends up (like CC2). So, if you get decisive victories all the way through, you end up invading the USA. But if you only get marginal victories, you may end up in Berlin. I think that's the type of campaign system they're hinting at, but probably limited to one battle or area.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: