Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1235
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Slyguy3129

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:43 am Post subject: Soundmod for CoI/WaR/TLD/LSA starting WIP, Have a few ?s. Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I've been playing CoIDoF2 with the plugin to play as Germans vs the AI. It includes an excellent sound mod(although some of the sounds are just a bit loud). Unfortunately it doesn't appear that this mod is in the works anymore. Which is a shame, to me, because good sound brings you that much more into the game.

Having said all that, I am looking to get a sound mod together using sounds that well sound good. I especially like the way the mod in DoF2 uses the correct amount of shots fired in sound, as the game mechanic for that weapon. And all of that leads to this question. I am assuming here that sounds from CoI or anyother CC platform, are not compatible? In other words there are slight changes that make moving the sounds from CoI to say LSA more than a copy paste adventure.

My goal is to create a sound mod, that will be a standard for all versions of the game, that uses the correct shots heard for the shots fired in game. I want the weapons to sound the same throughout, ie a Kar 98K sounds the same in CoI as it does in LSA/WaR/TLD ect. My main concern is this, is the reason why this hasn't been done because it can't be done? I hope not, and even if it does take a bit of work, I intend to eventually have this working. If nothing else because I'm tired of hearing the sfx from the original Call of Duty. They never sounded good, in that game, and they never sounded good in this game. In all my years of video gaming, I have never understood why it is so hard to make decent sounds(Like watching a Military movie and seeing all the little things that someone in Basic Training can tell you is wrong, you know the little mistakes I mean, they have advisers but never get SOP right. I would advise them for free so my SOP doesn't flare up in the middle of a movie).

My goal, would be to use one of the current mods, more than likely the CoI version, as a base(the sounds for German weapons are just excellent and hold them over for all platform versions). The only difference between the version would be who the Germans are shooting at. So in the LSA version the German sounds would be the same files, while the only changes would be to add new American and British weapon sounds. In a day and age where everyone and their mother, including unfortunately CC fans, are talking about graphics(ugh), I plan to revamp the re-releases with a breath of new sound, which will pull you more into a simulated battle than pretty colors will any day of the week.

Anyone that has experience in sound modding for CC please give any advice you can, and point the way towards the correct software tools that I will need. To be honest, this sound mod is for me, and am approaching it with that mindset. But I understand there may be others out there who might greatly appreciate this, and so once there is something to share with you, it will be done. Thank you for the read.

"Why So Serious?!"

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:18 pm Post subject: Re: Soundmod for CoI/WaR/TLD/LSA starting WIP, Have a few ?s Reply with quote

that's cool Man! Many great sounds from the COI-CC3 mods.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:02 pm Post subject: Re: Soundmod for CoI/WaR/TLD/LSA starting WIP, Have a few ?s Reply with quote

It should be possible just a lot of work. It would make sense for the same weapon to sound the same and if it was the same across CC releases the diehards would probably know the weapon from the sound.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: