Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Thank you. I'm still trying to get to it but nothings.

EDIT: Finally! After a lot of tweaking, the first operation is working, kinda...

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:39 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):
Thank you. I'm still trying to get to it but nothings.

EDIT: Finally! After a lot of tweaking, the first operation is working, kinda...

Tell me HOW you did it Shocked

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:15 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

It's pretty simple. You must go to Mafi's site (http://closecombat2.npage.de/) and download a guide called CC2Guide-NewBattlesMaps-v6.pdf in the "Guides & Tools" section. You will find there everything you need to know.

Basically you have to edit:
data\base\batnames to get the name you want for each battle and operation to display in the game
data\ops\XX\ops where XX is the operation you are editing, to edit which maps are part of that operation, how they are linked, dates, etc.

Also you must edit:
data\battles\XX\Scenario This file has the deployment and victory locations information of each individual map to be used in the operations.
For new maps, this file can be created with CCBmaker, you will find it in Mafi's site in the "Guides & Tools" section. I think each folder must have the same number as the map (for map300, folder 300). The ones with a 1 before it's name are for single battles only. Inside data\battles\XX\ you will find the OOB (aloob) and the Force Pool for your troops with the reinforcements (alreq).

Maybe I'm forgetting something, I recommend you to read that guide first, it's really all you need. I was having trouble because I was working with a preexisting mod and the OOBs where a little mixed up but the process is simple once you know what files to edit.
One last note, you can edit this files with Microsoft Excell, but I personally use Notepad++

Hope this helps!

My Youtube Channel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Just a quick update. Been working on it for an hour or so. Took your advice, but I can't get it to work. The op appears in the list, with a picture of the first map, but when I click on it, it crashes to desktop after telling me there's an error.

I think I've missed something or put the wrong number somewhere. Will try again soon.

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:07 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

If each individual map works, then I'm guessing it could be:
a) The Scenario file inside "data\battles\XX\Scenario", have you created a new one with Mafi's tool? You have to do this for every map in the operation.
b) The OOB, this is a long shot but maybe you are using an old OOB with fixed units (Son Town, Son Bridge) and those units can't be deployed correctly.

My Youtube Channel

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Yes I have. Although it might be the second one...

What I'll do is delete both files and start again from scratch (since I've probably messed up somewhere) and hope it all falls into place.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Is there a limit to the number of Operations you can have? I'm getting the same error I got with the battles.

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

You can only have 4 operations per sector and 5 battles per operation (6 for Mac). But you can't have more than 50 battles. Looks like as it is, only the Eindhoven sector can accommodate a new operation.

If nothing works, I would suggest you to do a backup and try putting your new maps in existing folders and edit a current operation.

My Youtube Channel

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

Well, I went back and sorted out the error I was having. Now I'm just getting a crash to desktop without an error message.

PROGRESS  Laughing

In the early days of making the first map, I'd removed a battle from CC2 in order to get it to work (which, it turns out, you don't need to do). I've replaced the map to solve that issue, but now I'm just getting a CTD.

I think though it may be something to do with the OOB you mentioned earlier. Maybe I'm being stupid here, but how do I edit a aloob and axoob files for an Operation??

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:02 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

You must edit \data\ops\XX and make sure that the aloob and axoob in each battle in \data\battles\XX are empty between the @ and the #.

PS: We can check it together tomorrow after our battle.  Wink

My Youtube Channel

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:42 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

What? Completely empty as in all -1's?

Haha ok Very Happy

Ivan_Zaitzev

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 am Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

No, like this:

Code:
41                  Version
44   9   17   13         Date of reinforcements
Team         Forced Setup         
Class   Rank   Mega-X   Mega-Y   Dir   Map   
&                  
@

My Youtube Channel

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:20 pm Post subject: Re: CC2 Map Help Reply with quote

OK I clearly got that wrong. But still getting a crash.

Just realised, I think it's because I've messed up the graphics for the operation map and probably not done it right.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: