Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1166
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Hi to all, TLD Kharkov mod patch v 2.2 is ready for download: see first post of this thread to download it. After have downloaded it follow the (simple) instructions. This patch replaces both v 2.1 patch and quick fix 2.

Drizzt

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Thanks Drizzt. Was actually playing PITF awaiting the last version of your mod.

Shame the massive maps, explosive effects from PITF etc could be utilized for the earlier games. The maps in particular (or some) are beautiful.

mooxe

Rep: 220.9
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:59 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Ok guys, the installer is done and uploading and will be added to the site shortly. Thanks Drizzt for making this mod available!

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Thanks for making all these installers Mooxe.  Cool

@Drizzt
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm using the mod with WaR v4.50.15b. The game was very stable for me until I started using the ScrnGagd.gdg file from the Extras folder, just like it tells you in the readme file. I started a new campaign afterwards and used the recommended settings like in the readme. I'm now getting crashes quite often, and I use to see commander photos, but now I only see their names on the Battlegroup Screen. I think I should probably start using the ScrnGagd.gdg file again.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

to Digs: the only difference between the two screen.gdg files is that in WAR version there aren't commander photos because they are not well inserted in WAR (there is a "graphic conflict" between 25 teams column and these photos in Battlegroup Screen). In WAR version commander photos have been made (by me) like in org TLD (1x1 pixel: so no photos showed): it’s possible that they can cause instability in WAR? I can easily make total white 82x90 pixel photos but I don’t think that this is the problem (it would be really strange and it has never happened to me).
Anyway, about crash problems, please read carefully all the hints that are in the readme file (see under "general notes" "single player" and "other minor issues"). If you can't find a solution there, please post in "TLD Kharkov mod bugs report and suggestions" thread what exactly happens (I mean to write as much as possible about crash problem details).
Thanks for your positive comments.

Drizzt

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:47 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4212

Kharkov 2.2 Installer

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Thanks Mooxe! I have added the official link to the first post of this topic.

Drizzt

Digs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:13 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

@ Drizzt,
Well I moved the original file that I had re-named "ScrnGagd.gdg.Backup" out of the Graphics folder and into the Extras folder. Keeping the modified one for WaR there. I also deleted the Campaign I was playing through and started a new one, now I'm not getting any crashes.  Very Happy

Btw, I have read all the documentation included with your mod. It's very well written and I have most of it printed out on paper. I keep the printout of the strategic map with the road connections and artillery support in a plastic sheet protector. As well as the Historical development picture.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Digs wrote (View Post):
I keep the printout of the strategic map with the road connections and artillery support in a plastic sheet protector.

I do the same with my favorite CC5 mods. Its the absolute best way to always know which exit road VL you need to hold or capture while your in a game.

Digs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:30 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Same here Mooxe, I love the strategic map for GJS and the Stalingrad series of mods. Smile

Hey Drizzt, what's the name of the Russian song that plays on the Command Screen?.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

to Digs: the song name is “Polyushko-polye” (or “Polyushka-polye”). The earlier mod song, soviet hymn, it has been introduced in 1944 so I have searched a song good for my mod timeline: I had found some good songs about other great patriotic war areas but nothing of specific about Kharkov, so I have finally chosen this generic song of 1933-34. “Polyushko” (or “polyushka”) it’s a modification of the word “polye” to express endearment (I hope it's in this way: I don't know russian language): in english language it should mean something like ”meadow lands, my dear meadow lands” . The song should speak about a russian recruit and his will and determination to defend the immensity of the steppes-fields of his motherland (and the steppes-fields where he was born and grown). I think (and I hope) to have chosen the Red Army version of the song (cutting the start instrumental part and the final instrumental part of the song to make it more suitable as mod intro song).

Drizzt

Digs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:29 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Thanks for answering my questing, I think it was a great choice you made Drizzt.

@Mooxe
I was was wondering if you would do a couple videos, or as many as it takes to take control the city of Belgorad in Drizzt's Kharkov mod. I find it hard to gain any ground as the Russians because the Germans control the much of the city and all the good high ground. They also have more experience and better morale, and that doesn't help any. Once across the bridge in the north I swing south while keeping the Germans in the north from advancing and overrunning my men.

Digs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:22 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Hey Drizzt, do still have the original sound file unedited?. The sound quality is excellent. I downloaded the song from the site below but it's in wma format and not the best of quality.

Russian Music and Dance - Nearby Regions and Former USSR States

It's the only site I feel comfortable downloading the music from.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:48 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

to Digs: no, unfortunately I don't have it anymore. Wma is not a bad quality in itself, often it depends by codecs used (and bitrate). Anyway, I have done a quick tour on youtube: you can find and hear it there.

Drizzt

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:46 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Do I need both files on the main page of this thread?

Thanks

Digs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:46 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Yeah, you need to download both files Platoon_Michael. One is the main mod (v2.0) and the second is the patch (v2.2).
1. Extract the main mod TLD_Kharkov_Mod_v_2.0.rar and the patch TLD_Kharkov_Mod_Patch_v_2.2.rar.
2. Take the Kharkov folder from the extracted patch and overwrite the Kharkov folder in the extracted v2.0 mod folder.
3. When that's done, move the Kharkov folder from the TLD_Kharkov_Mod_v_2.0 folder into your WaR or TLD folder. Example: C:\Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Note: An extra step for WaR users...
Take the ScrnGagd.gdg file that resides in the WaR\Kharkov\Extras folder and copy or move the file into the WaR\Kharkov\Graphics folder and overwrite the original ScrnGagd.gdg file.

Creating a Shortcut to launch the mod
1. Create a copy of your quick start shortcut on your desktop for TLD or WaR.
2. Rename the shortcut to the name of the mod your using. Example: Kharkov mod v2.2 for WaR
3. Right click on the shortcut and select properties.
4. Select the Shortcut Tab.
5. Change the Target line. At the very end add a space then /D Kharkov  Example: "C:\Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein\CCE.exe" /D Kharkov
6. Select OK

Run the shortcut to play your new mod and enjoy!.

By the way, Mooxe created and Installer version of the Kharkov mod. Simplifying the process. Download and run the executable.

Digs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:55 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

One other thing regarding the shortcut file. There's an icon for the mod inside the Kharkov folder to snazzy up your new shortcut.
1. Right click on the shortcut you created for the mod and select properties.
2. Select the Shortcut tab.
3. Select Change Icon...
4. Browse to the directory of your Kharkov folder and select the file named Mod Icon.ico. Click open and select OK twice.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:42 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

Yes Michael, you need both .rar files. Thanks to Digs for the detailed explanation, just two things: in "WAR Owners" folder (it's inside "Extras" folder) there is a shortcut for who has WAR and the auto installer it's only for who has TLD.

Drizzt

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:50 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

I wonder if we could enlist Bernd to make his installer compatible with the other versions of Close Combat.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:38 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Reply with quote

to Mooxe: I have taken a quick look to the auto installer tool (but I haven't tried it yet): is it possible to use it at least for WAR (editing the .ini file in the right way)? Folders structure and .exe name are identical in TLD and WAR.
Of course I'm not sure, I ask to you because I know you have already used it more than one time. There are some mods for WAR that use an autoinstaller, but I don't know if mod authors have used the same installer tool.

Drizzt

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Kharkov
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: