Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:14 pm Post subject: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Whatever happened to the talk of converting the most popular mods to Wacht am Rhein and The Longest Day?. Is there anyone else out there who would like to see these mods converted?. The UTAH v1.3 mod conversion is top notch and I would love to see more along those lines.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Hi Digs,

try Battle for Caen mod (upgrade of CC5 GJS TRSM).
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4206

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:29 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Some mods have been converted;

Battle for Caen - as per Dima above
Battle of Berlin
Bloody Omaha
Ebro
Kharkov
Meuse 1940
Okinawa
TT's VETBoB
Utah - which you mentioned above

Digs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:31 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Hi guys, at the moment I own these Close Combat Games: CC4, CC5, Cross of Iron and Wacht am Rhein. I would play Battle of Caen but I don't own TLD (as of yet). I was really hoping that GJS would be converted when I first purchased WaR back in June 2011. Unfortunately some mods do get converted but then they're forgotten about, so you can't play them with the latest patches.

@ Tejszd
Most of those mods you mentioned aren't available for WaR, or are they?. They're not listed in the downloads section on Close Combat Series site. The same can also be said for the Matrix Games CC Mods site.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:03 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

the last patch for WAR made it and TLD pretty much the same so any full mod for TLD or WAR with the patches applied will work on the other....

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Digs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:17 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Well, I just started "The Longest Day Grand Campaign" with the Ground Tactics mod and I'm very impressed!. I love the night battles, strategic map and sounds, it's like a whole new experience for me. I shouldn't have stayed under my rock for so long.  Wink

@Tejszd
If I try installing Battle for Caen for WaR is there anything I need to do differently?.

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:58 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Hi Digs, I’m working to convert Der Kessel mod to TLD/WAR: I have corrected/reworked some things here and there and added two italian Bgs.
Having said this, I’m not sure if I will be able to release it: I don’t see mod author posts from years in this forum and recently, with a quick research in this forum to find his e-mail, I have realized that pzjager (Der Kessel author) has left the community for discussions completely unrelated to CC.

An off-topic request: If someone has pzjager e-mail please send it me via PM and I will try to contact him.

Drizzt

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

If i'm not mistaken pzjager hated anyone who edited his Mods.

@Digs,
You'll find their are a few Mods already converted or can be easily moved.
Just direct the install path to your WAR folder for a self-installer Mod from tLD.

In the WAR forums here you may find what you need,its just unfortunate you may have to also download any updates as well
due to the various patch upgrades from Matrix.
That's probably the biggest reason why none of them are hosted here.

I think all of those will be made with Bernard's Mod installer though which will not allow you to play through Game Ranger.
I do not however know if a direct connect works either.(Haven't tried it)
If online play through GR is what you want you'll have to create a plugin to be used with ModSwap.
Easy to do,Just very time consuming.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

to Michael: honestly I don't remember, anyway some years have passed and to ask it costs nothing. We will see. After have finished my work conversion I will contact him.

to all: I have received the PM with the pzjager e-mail, I don't need further PM about it.

Drizzt

Digs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:26 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

@Drizzt
That's very good news to hear, I hope that it gets released for sure. Pzjager did some outstanding work, his lastest mod would have been CCV: Bir Hakeim but he decided not to release it to the public due to animosity with various people and sites. He left CCS and moved over to ModDB, you can search through the forums regarding his various mods there.

@platoon_michael
Thanks for the info, I just wanted to make sure I didn't run into problems that I could have otherwise avoided but asking the helpful CCS community.  Smile

I've been using the installer versions of each mod, I haven't played online in years so I'm not to worried about not being able to use GameRanger. I use to use Hamachi, and GameSpy when I did play online. I got my butt kicked many, many, many times by competent CCS members. I am now humbled by the experience.  Laughing

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:40 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Pzjager put out a lot of effort into his mods and you would hope/think that he would be happy that more people can play his mods due to the conversion.... I would probably not make changes though unless he said it was alright as most mod makers are protective of their work....

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:02 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Yeah pzjager was one to remember here. This thread made me go and search his posts to find out what happened. I guess it all ended for him in 2008/9. He said hosting his mods here was piracy haha... If that's still his view then I think you can edit his mods, but only for your own private use! Do not make them available. He was getting on my nerves so much that at one point I made a specific redirect for his IP to a site of..um... questionable sexual taste... but that's all in the past now!

So back on topic. I am VERY confused with the state of all these conversions. I can't be the only one. Maybe someone could create a table explaining which mods have been converted to which rerelease?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:18 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

WAR and TLD will most likely receive no further patches thus if we can answer MOOXE's question it might be time for CCS to host this mods???

Digs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:54 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Yeah, good idea Mooxe, a table/chart would be very helpful, especially for newcomer's.

Question: About the plug-in versions of the mods for WaR, tLD and LSA. Does using the ModSwap plug-ins versions only allow you to use one mod at a time?, or can you install as many as you want?. Like when you use the automated installer versions for those games, which installs the mod within its own directory, within the main game folder and uses the /D command in the mods shortcut. That way you don't need to uninstall one mod in order to play another and I can always play the stock game if I wish to.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:12 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Modswap replaces the original game files so you can only run the installed mod.

Digs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:25 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

@Tejszd
Yeah, that's what I thought. That's why I love the installer versions ever since Wacht am Rhein. Its unfortunate that Cross of Iron mods can only be used with ModSwap, its very limited (the old way of doing things).

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:03 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

To Tejszd: yes, my “positive way to think” it’s exactly if maybe now he could be happy if many more people can play with his mods thanks to the conversions.
About changes I do two quick examples: the leader of a command tank set as commander instead of “simple” tank leader it’s a correction yes, but not something of deep towards his work. An arrow not visible in stratmap due to the CC5 number of arrows limitation and now properly showed in my conversion it’s a correction yes, but for sure not something of deep.
Only the Italian battlegroup has been really reworked and the general number of teams has been simply doubled in every forcepool. About campaigns and ops, I think that every kind of modification should not be considered as such because everyone can modify them in create scenario.
Anyway ok, never mind, I don’t remembered the “protective” (about his work) way of think of PJ.

To Mooxe: seems to me to understand that you prefer don’t have my Der kessel conversion released in any case (due to the changes)? Ok, no problem.

Drizzt

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:05 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

D/ Switch is great way to go if you want to access/play all your Mods without having to do anything.
Great for those who not only Mod as they can drop their updates right in the proper folder.
And the user has no install/uninstall issues to worry about.
The only two draw backs from this is.
1) Cant play any Mod online installed through Game Ranger.
2) If the person who created the Mod didn't include it's own save Game Folder,you will see any/all Ops/GC's you are playing from all Mods you are running.
And could possibly click on the wrong one,sending the game straight into an instsant CTD.

Plugins are used like the old CFG.Manager program for CCIV and CCV.
You install the plug in with Modswap,and that's the only Mod you play through the original .EXE
You can still play any Mods installed on your PC with the D/Switch,while a Mod is installed through ModSwap.

Pros) You can then play online with your friends.
Cons) Not as easy to create as the install text has to include EVERY line being overwritten.
And you cant easily drop in any updates.You'd have to down load the entire Mod again just to receive any future updates.
ModSwap doesn't create any type of folder for the user to place his collections of Mods.While it may not be needed,a plugins folder does tidie them up.

Unfortunately after my PC crash I lost every update I did for any of the Mods converted to WAR.
So one would probably have to troll the forums for the various updates those Mods converted received before any inclusion to the Down Load section is done.
I do agree with Tejszd that it's probably safe to say no more .EXE updates are coming for WAR or tLD.
I do feel however it might be safe to include in the description of any Mod applied to the down load state what patch # the Mod was created for.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:06 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Quote:
Some mods have been converted;

Battle for Caen - as per Dima above
Battle of Berlin
Bloody Omaha
Ebro
Kharkov
Meuse 1940
Okinawa
TT's VETBoB
Utah - which you mentioned above

This is a pretty good list for mods. It has been my hope for a long time that the community would move most of the major mods to TLD/WAR as a matter of practicallity, if for no other reason.

In my own experience with Okinawa, it seems that any mod made for TLD that uses an installer, can also be installed into WAR.

For TLD/WAR and whole game mods, it just seems best to use an installer and the /D thingy. The idea behind this approach being that the original game files are not overwritten, moved, renamed, etc.

SYSCON is probably only useful with CCMT, where modifying single core game files make sense, mainly due to the absense of a campaign game and whole game mods.

I would like to see someone convert LSA, and PitF back to TLD/WAR. PitF would be a very interesting conversion, since the maps could be scaled down. Of course for LSA, you wouldn't be able to blow the bridges, and in so doing the game would be fixed.  Laughing

Digs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword and the Stalingrad series of Mods Reply with quote

Well said guys. Thanks for taking the time for that detailed post platoon_michael there's some good points there. I'm sorry to hear about the hd crash, you should always backup important files. Fortunately for us, it's not expensive to buy an external hard drive, flash drive, or sd cards this day in age for safe keeping of our priceless data.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: