Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:41 am Post subject: CC2. Warm up battle H2H After action report. Reply with quote

Today im going to upload some Close Combat 2 A bridge to far H2H games.

Close Combat 2 a bridge to far was released September 30th 1997. So its a old one.
I asked this guy permission to blog our battles. And hes fine with it.
He is a old fan of the game. He claimed he brought CC3 but never played it much. And after that lost touch with the series.

First i will show you our test game. It was a practice, because hes a bit rusty. I won.
After that we played his well done Custom battles.  

Here is my deployment. MG team, Mortar team. With 3 teams of Infantry.

Here Markkal mentions the coustom maps he wants to play. After the warm up battle, we play them.

Battle starts.

I order the AB rifle team to start sneaking across the field. They end up making it past the farm and into the tree cover. Success!

In this picture you can see the team half way through the farm patch.  And in the middle the infantry team sneaking forward into the building.

After that, its all on! My Mg team is firing and i make a aggressive push forward with all my Units.
In the picture you can see i have taken 4 casualty's. But im able to get in the enemy's face now, and throw grenades ect.

I take another loss. See my dead man in the building.

See my AB rifle team near the river?  They are making there way to the first bridge.
These German reserve units wont last much longer.

German reserves pulling back on the top right.

Not long to go.. The first bridge is taken, and my AB rifle team are safe in the building.

The VL Dokotos office are taken. And i use the last of my mortar rounds on the surviving German reserves.
Note: my mg team are annihilated. They game out of there cover by mistake and are killed.

After crossing the field and taking bridge my AB team launch a brave assault on the German MG team.

After being stunned and overwhelmed, the MG teams soldiers are bludgeoned to death.
The end of the battle. After this i was feeling pretty confident. But then we played some very well done and fair custom maps. And his skills started to show.

Will update soon with the coustem battles.

p.s the games dark green color blends in well with my blog background. It looks great  Wink

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:04 pm Post subject: Re: CC2. Warm up battle H2H After action report. Reply with quote

Thanks Antony  Cool .

I have played Markkal several times. He is a veteran of CC2.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:30 pm Post subject: Re: CC2. Warm up battle H2H After action report. Reply with quote

Nice. Looking forward to the other battles.

I wish I could get CC2 multiplayer to work Sad I have the same issue as these guys http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10271

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 pm Post subject: Re: CC2. Warm up battle H2H After action report. Reply with quote

Hey TIK.

I think i know what the problem is.

When you join the game, does you name show up as:

TheImperatorKnight
or
TheImperatorKnight

See the difference?

TheImperatorKnight
TheImperatorKnight

If so, let me no. All games do this. And its why your having the problem

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: