Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:07 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

We're going to get RSR working on tLD with 64 brand new maps

southern_land

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:51 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

...and another one

Map23-FULL.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  471.39 KB
 Viewed:  381 Time(s)

Map23-FULL.jpg

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:39 pm Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Did I tell you southern_land that I am really looking forward to this one. Not happy on your previous RSR mod that the Leopard II didn't fair too well against the T-80. I expected better survivability from them.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:29 pm Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Great Work. I have an interesting idea, if it is gonna be for TLD and night battles are possible, any plans to include illuminating ammuniton for tank in place of smoke ?

pt11070

Rep: 15.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:52 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

These look awesome! Excellent attention to details. Makes me want to play he game just to admire the maps. Did you develop your own textures? Looks picture perfect.
Pt

southern_land

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:45 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

pt11070 wrote (View Post):
These look awesome! Excellent attention to details. Makes me want to play he game just to admire the maps. Did you develop your own textures? Looks picture perfect.
Pt

the textures are Cough (borrowed) from google Earth.  there are some really clear images out of some of the major metroploitan areas of western Germany... down the Rhine

Any area where the photographer is Aerowest

bede.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  363.52 KB
 Viewed:  382 Time(s)

bede.jpg

southern_land

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:48 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
Did I tell you southern_land that I am really looking forward to this one. Not happy on your previous RSR mod that the Leopard II didn't fair too well against the T-80. I expected better survivability from them.

That wasn't mine, I was only the mapper... 43 out of 44 maps for RSR 1 I think

My main goal at the moment is to produce the maps and get this working, data tweaking might come later

re: illumination roads... I don't know if thats posible, worth thinking about though

southern_land

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:51 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Another one is completed

RSR (37) FULL.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  482.38 KB
 Viewed:  488 Time(s)

RSR  (37) FULL.jpg

Gunsche

Rep: 18.3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:30 pm Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Holy crap, those maps!
I want to drive a regiment of NVA T-72s through them and tell them about the teachings of Marx, the Warzaw Pact way!  Wink
Nice going, any chance for west german reservists/home guards (Heimatschützen) defending these maps?

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

WhiteHorse

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:47 pm Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

As always, CCmapmaking meister southern land's maps are so beautiful!!

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:21 pm Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Great maps as always!

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:19 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Great maps!

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

southern_land

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:29 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Gunsche wrote (View Post):
any chance for west german reservists/home guards (Heimatschützen) defending these maps?
 if we were putting this to LSA yeah, I'd try to have them as the BO units in that game  unfortunately going down the LSA path is a hell of a lot more work

southern_land

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:14 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Badda bing Badda bang

RSR (10) FULL.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  376.99 KB
 Viewed:  318 Time(s)

RSR  (10) FULL.jpg

southern_land

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:47 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

First city map is coded   wasn't as bad as I expected

Map51-FULL.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  410.81 KB
 Viewed:  328 Time(s)

Map51-FULL.jpg

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:54 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Nice city map... I recently played RSR again and noticed that it is better played in city maps with less or no tanks. It is also more realistic because I suppose in a modern war between two super power, tanks would be wiped out in first phases by ground attack aircrafts.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:47 pm Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Would be possible look forward to LSA Shane......

heia Safari!!

southern_land

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:59 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Would be possible look forward to LSA Shane......

Are you keen to give it a try?  I understand from talking to Tszed almost everything needs redoing

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:57 am Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

LSA from CC5 and even from TLD/WAR is a huge change....

- unused graphics were removed (you need find them and remove them) and some graphics images resized (ex. scenario editor BG's)
- the formula for penetration and or protection was fixed as there was something wrong with it but that means the old data needs to be changed to have the same game play
- Forcepool data changed thus the old data needs to be changed

southern_land

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: Completed RSR Ver II maps Reply with quote

Another one bites the dust   Can see it because of the trees but there's about a 25 meter elevation rise to the ruins

This map started life as a map Buck Compton designed for his bridge too far mod, got redone for OMG but not used, rotated and redone for RSR II... recycling at its finest, zero global warming gases have been produced in the production of this map  LOL

RSR (27) FULL.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  558.64 KB
 Viewed:  321 Time(s)

RSR  (27) FULL.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: