Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1239
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
WhiteHorse

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:17 am Post subject: One major problem to play Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

In the previous games of CC series, players know easily whether INF squards have anti-armor weapons or not because basically they were in the full-strength. but In the Panthers in the Fog, players face the fact that INF squards aren't in the full-strenth any more. Knowing INF squards which have anti-armor weapons is more important.(specially German side)

How to solve this problem?

or not, in the next game, I hope to add something to show anti-armor weapons

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:08 am Post subject: Re: One major problem to play Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Best bet is to assume they don't have anti-tank. Unless they're a bazooka unit they probably only have grenades, so as long as you don't get too close you'll be fine.

A big criticism of PitF is that the infantry platoons don't have AT units mixed in. And for support, if you've got to choose between a tank and a bazooka, you're not going to take a bazooka. This effectively makes infantry unimportant in battles where there's tanks (which is pretty much all of them), so whoever wins the tank battle wins the battle.

They said they'll mix AT units in with infantry in GWTC, so that'll make infantry more important. I don't think they're going to change anything in PitF though Sad

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:54 pm Post subject: Re: One major problem to play Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

I am expecting some fairly significant changes for GWTC, and with what you are saying TIK that at least they are correcting one big problem with PitF. From my reading of the Battle of Caen they could really make this game one of the best in the series if they do things right. But anyway it appears that maybe they are listening to the complaints of PitF even as the game makers deviated somewhat from LSA. We'll see.

Every once in awhile someone puts CC games up for sale on eBay, and they always sell, so there is still interest for the series, even the older games.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:06 pm Post subject: Re: One major problem to play Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

They didnt listened to the complains before..why this time?

"the girls will still be running"

/Mats

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: One major problem to play Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Yeah, well sometimes I wish my MG units and such would get out of the line of fire before they are completely wiped out, which is what usually happens before I fully realize they are no longer effective, or even existent.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

WhiteHorse

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:23 am Post subject: Re: One major problem to play Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

TheImperatorKnight wrote (View Post):
This effectively makes infantry unimportant in battles where there's tanks (which is pretty much all of them)(

Yeah. exactly right. That is vital factor.

Privateryan1

Rep: 58.1

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:43 pm Post subject: Re: One major problem to play Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

I was careless enough to actually buy this load of junk ( PITF ) and the game makers seem to be getting things wrong from bad to worse as time goes on .Here's what we need .A game where we can easily change maps and making all maps of a standard size , say 2880 x 2880 would be fine . A supplied strat map editor as part of the game itself where a player can create as many ( what if ) scenarios as his heart desires and with as many days in the campaign or operation as he chooses . Also a purchase units or Vehicles option and where lets say either British or U.S. forces and vehicles could be used jointly or separately , same for Russians .Several supplied ( sounds ) options ( i have a sounds options folder in all of my own mods , so why not supplied ? ) All maps could be supplied in summer and snow versions , again why not . These are just a few of the basic things we all need if Close Combat is ever going to progress and don't mind that 3D crap ! If we can put a man on the moon and bring him home again , what can't these things be done ?

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: One major problem to play Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Glad I only paid $20 on special sale price.  It is definitely not worth more than that.  I think the reason CC has actually worsened not improved ironically over the years is that there is no commitment to spending any real money on addressing the core problems of the game.  Rather CC productions rely on volunteers, part-timers and using some cosmetic graphics improvements.  Yet the core basics of the game have detoriated.  I think the game could even stay "as is" under the current 2D format if the core engine can have a re-write.  I'm baffled why the ORIGINAL games CC2 and CC3 in particular way back in the 90's continue to outperform the latest releases in many respects.

I think they need to make separate versions for Single Player or H2H...rather than trying to have a watered-down game that is neither suitable for AI or multi-player.  Would prefer a modest update of CC2 or CC3 without messing with the maps much or core basics of the game....ironically I think that would be a huge improvement over the latest re-releases.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:12 pm Post subject: Re: One major problem to play Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
I think they need to make separate versions for Single Player or H2H...rather than trying to have a watered-down game that is neither suitable for AI or multi-player.  Would prefer a modest update of CC2 or CC3 without messing with the maps much or core basics of the game....ironically I think that would be a huge improvement over the latest re-releases.

Laughing

That's really funny, because a whole lot of people were saying just that to Matrix, right before they launched into COI. And actually, what you say, is more in line with the Matrix business model of that time (2006).

Where they have been hurt, is they just have too many opinions. Too many cooks in the kitchen, and too many insignificants buzzing around them arguing for "new" features.

That being said, I saw the screenies of TBF, but just like always here at CCS, they were being critisized. I thought they looked good, but what do I know.

So, unless TBF is just rippin and I don't think that will happen, then its CCMT for me for the duration.

And, one last thing, a while back, just for fun I installed CC5 on Win7, when we got our first laptop. It ran perfectly, except for the campaign bugs of course, they were still there.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: