Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pt11070

Rep: 15.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:39 am Post subject: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

Is there such a thing as mod porting guide for TLD or PiF? I've been looking; there are pieces here and there. Did anyone venture with a guide? so rusty...

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

I haven't really done a complete port over but I've done quite a bit with WaR which is the same as tLD.
PiFT I have done nothing..
Can you be a little bit more specific as to what you need help with?

The biggest issues I've seen so far is that the support Icons don't line up properly.
Red circle placement on the mini-map is sometimes off.
Strategic Map overlays don't always line up properly.

Mafi's BED9_v1_09 did good for me for the two arrows I rearranged within WaR.Does take some time to do a whole new strategic map though.

This was posted way back when WaR came out but I've never used it.Very informative though.

Strat Map Guide for WaR/tLD

Car to disclose what your gonna port over?

Last edited by platoon_michael on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

pt11070

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:18 am Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

Contemplating maybe doing a Anzio mod, or even porting the Ortona, once it is finished by Pete and Buck, to newer CC. I am still in do I really wanna mess with it phase. I like the no strategic map idea of GtC since it would work well will limited progression of both Ortona and Anzio. I am definitely not clear with what I want at this point, just trying to understand how things are with CC after 10 year absence.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:54 am Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

An Anzio or Monte Cassino Mod would probably be very welcomed.

I could probably suggest maps from CCIV Kreta but don't have the permission to say do so.
I believe that Aetius cut the maps down to make as many as possible for his CCIV Kreta Mod but have no idea if the full size maps are still available to download.

Just thinking out loud here but if one was to use LSA could one in theory have the monastery  intact then use the blown bridge option to destroy it?

pt11070

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:43 pm Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

Map making part is fun for me. I would probably draw the maps myself from scratch. I have Phooshop but nothing else. I would need to collect all the textures and brushes. I was reading some posts you made about the carthographer site. Pretty ovwherwelmiing.

The destruction of the monastery would be worth it. Anzio maps should be even simpler then Ortona since the terrain is flat and barren. Maybe 20 maps. Operation was very limited. Most of the stuff happened on one road three - four miles in length.  That would be perfect for lenear nature of GtC. As I understand it it will be without strategic map similar to CC III.

I need a creative outlet and it seems map making would be it.
Pt

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:24 pm Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

After further review it looks like I was worng about the Data.

I cant remember how I converted VETBoB to WAR now.

When you extract the files from CCV the Teams pages for example have more rows than the current version of WAR.
What/How does one correct that?

And is there any others?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:36 am Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

I have some notes around for Meuse but not all organized in one spot so as you hit stuff you can ask and I might be able to help....

Uberdave

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:23 am Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

I'd love to see a summary of how to port CC5 to TLD. Would make it easy for others.

Data
Graphics
Terrain
Sound
Maps
etc

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:34 am Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

Here are my notes on converting data files from CC5 to WAR/TLD:

Data\Base
Open all adb files in Qclone and go File Export Tab delimited for each file to export the data to .txt files

Nations.txt (New File)
– Add nations as required to use additional name and voice files

Campaign.txt (New File)
– Set campaign duration, support, weather, etc.
– Use Mafii’s RtBTool v2.23 or newer to export Artillery and Naval support from the CC5.exe to Campaign-SuppMiss.txt then copy the data to campaign.txt

Uniforms.txt (New File)
– Use Mafii’s RtBTool v2.23 or newer to export uniform data from the CC5.exe to uniforms.txt

AlsTeams
– Open the exported txt version of the file in Excel
– Change nation number by team to match the entry in nations.txt (the 1st entry equals 0)
– Delete the column titles in row 1 (but not the row)
– Go to the bottom of the class column to see the last number
– Go to cell A1, enter the highest class number + 1 in to the cell
– Save as alsteams.txt
– Change team style as required based on Uniforms.txt as anything above 3 can no longer be used. Not doing this can get you wrong nation or blank rank images.

GeTeams
– Change nation number by team to match the entry in nations.txt (the 1st entry equals 0)
– Save as axsteams.txt
– Change team style as required based on Uniforms.txt as anything above 3 can no longer be used. Not doing this can get you wrong nation or blank rank images.

Bgroups
– Select the column D (Nationality), then cut and then Insert Cut Cells into column C
– Select the column AA (Forcepool), then cut and then Insert Cut Cells into column D
– Select the column AA (BGicon), then cut and then Insert Cut Cells into column G
– Insert a new column H, this column is where you enter the number of times a BG can reinforce (0 to ?)
– Select the column X (Rank/Name), then cut and then Insert Cut Cells into column I
– Select the column AA (Aggression), then cut and then Insert Cut Cells into column J
– Select the column AA (Caution), then cut and then Insert Cut Cells into column K
– Select the column AA (Charisma), then cut and then Insert Cut Cells into column L
– Select the column AB (Tactics), then cut and then Insert Cut Cells into column M
– Scroll row 57 (should be class 55, boot camp BG’s which are now in a separate file) and press shift, Ctrl and End together to select all data from class 55 to the end of the file, then Delete shift cells left.
– Edit BG Nationality in Column C for the Side = 0 (Allied) or 1 (Axis) if required
– Go to the bottom of the index column to see the last number
– Go to cell A1, enter the highest index number + 1 in to the cell
– Save as bgroups.txt

Elements.txt
– Open the exported txt version of the file in Excel delete the column titles in row 1
– Highlight/Select columns AB to AQ and then Edit Replace FALSE to 0 and TRUE to 1 using Replace All
– Go to the bottom to see how many rows of data are in the file
– Go to cell A1 enter the number rows minus 1 in to the cell
– Save as elements.txt

Fpools
– Select all data and then sort by class, date and difficulty (by default each sort item should ascending and header row should be selected)
– Select column E (Difficulty), then cut and then Insert Cut Cells into column D
– Scroll row 6877 (should be class 55, boot camp BG’s which are now in a separate file) and press shift, Ctrl and End together to select all data from class 55 to the end of the file, then Delete shift cells left.
– Where each Class/BG starts insert a row
– Below each blank inserted row Select the class #, BG name and nationality # (single row), then Cut and then Paste into the blank row in column D (Difficulty)
– Edit BG Nationality in Column F for the Side = 0 (Allied) or 1 (Axis) if required
– Write down the last BG number in the mod, usually 54
– Go to cell D1, enter the highest class number + 1 in to the cell
– Go to cell E1 and delete the column titles in row 1 to cell CQ1
– Select columns A (Class), B (Name) and C (Nationality) and then Delete shift cells left
– Delete columns AQ to CN
– Save as fpool.txt

soldiers.txt
– Open the exported txt version of the file in Excel delete the column titles in row 1
– Save as soldiers.txt

vehicles.txt
– Save as vehicles.txt

weapons.txt
– Highlight/Select columns S to Y and then Edit Replace FALSE to 0 and TRUE to 1 using Replace All
– Save as weapons.txt

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:57 pm Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your notes Tejszd! Very useful indeed.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:11 pm Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

Good post TEJSZD;)

heia Safari!!

Uberdave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:17 pm Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

Awesome post! Thanks for the summary, this will help a lot.

Uberdave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:19 pm Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

So I'm assuming (haven't tried it yet), that the graphics and sound files are simply cut & paste jobs?  Same with maps...are the CC5 map files compatible with TLD?

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:47 pm Post subject: Re: Mod porting guide Reply with quote

Yes uberdave!

heia Safari!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: