Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
 Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:10 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

jakebullet70 wrote (View Post):
Dima

Is there a Russian news web site that auto translates in Google Chrome?
Thanks

I don't know, I only use www.bfm.ru and www.rbc.ru for news.

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:26 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

jakebullet70 wrote (View Post):
Right wing, left wing, middle wing... Russians, Americans, Germans, Ukrainians and lets toss in some Chinese and Japan.

Again
All I know is men can be crappy to each other. In a nutshell Politics sucks!!! Boarders?  Really?
Nationalism is a religion. Your are born into it. You have no choice.

The Jews, Christians and Muslims claim the same God?  Really? War? Really? Come on!!!! Same God?
Men can be crappy to each other. This world order is not working. It sucks.

Again. Sorry Moxxie.

But it does make for a great Close Combat game!!!  Smile

Agreed ultra-nationalism is dangerous and has been used countless times to justify wars, aggression, genocide, many other injustices.  Now I think both America and Russia have been duped into this.  America is too divided though politically, the worst in our history, at least since the Civil War era.  Whereas Russia is under the firm centralized control of Putin ever since the Yeltin era.

Politics is all mind-control and indoctrination.  I trust no politician, usually they are bribed or under the control of special interest.  They Political system is used to control people under certain factions and divide/conquer opponents.  

Ukraine is really in desperate shape.  Virtually no jobs to speak of...which directly contributed towards the unraveling of the government.  America is not far behind, the future job market for the youth and new generation is looking grim.  You have to "know somebody" or be connected to the right people to get decent job.  

Partisanship will be the demise of America too...we will fall if this level of toxic divisiveness continues much longer.  I wish for a day when politicians make decisions based on common sense instead of political agendas.  Ditto for religious fundamentalists...I trust no religion either.  Like you said look at the history, the hatred, the persecution.  Islam a religion of peace?  Hardly.  Christians that preach hatred or burn Korans?  Or support murder of gays or non-believers?  Total fraud...Jesus or Mohammend would not approve of these impostors.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:16 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Thanks for those Russian language news links.

You dont need Chome to view, Google toolbar has the translate feature as well for IE, though it does give some unusual translations sometimes...

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:22 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):

these are both not state controlled though belong to the oligarchs that are close to Putin.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:03 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

these are both not state controlled though belong to the oligarchs that are close to Putin.

Which is basically the same as state-controlled.  Very Happy

Ukrainian news sources also suffer from oligarch-ownership.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:30 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):

lol American sources don;t?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:15 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

All Western media lampoons the US President and politicians when they do something wrong, that's the biggest difference.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:30 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Troger wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):

lol American sources don;t?

The U.S. has three major television news stations, Fox, CNN, and NBC.  Fox is probably the most biased news service in the U.S., and yes it's owned by a media mogul.  Most informed people are probably getting their news from print and online sources, not television--and print and online news services are typically independently-owned, or at the very least independently-operated.

Either way, the situations are not analogous. While many western news services (TV, print, online) have political leanings, they ultimately answer to their viewers/readers, not a government.   Very Happy

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:37 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

In Australia the best (to me) news channel is government owned - the ABC. Ironically the government dislikes them as they are too critical and is reducing their funding now.
I also trust BBC as they tend to give news, not opinions.
News sites I dont trust give opinions or worse, entertainment trivia dressed up as news.
I cant think of any US based news sites I really trust, though I read CNN and Huffington.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:41 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
All Western media lampoons the US President and politicians when they do something wrong, that's the biggest difference.

our president and PM are flawles you know ;)

Do they say about the ultimatum to Poroshenko by the Right Sector in your media?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=daa_1408226790

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

The Ukranian army seems to be totally demoralized.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77lO7KmftI

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Lost vehicles that were identified by photos:
http://lostarmour.info/armour/

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:51 pm Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

Obviously a made up video with actors. They are saying the Russians are trashing them, and the Russians are not in the Ukraine. The Russians are also not firing across the border or supplying arms to the separatists.

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:05 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):

Obviously a made up video with actors. They are saying the Russians are trashing them, and the Russians are not in the Ukraine. The Russians are also not firing across the border or supplying arms to the separatists.

it's common there to call militia as Russians...don't forget the Ukranian propaganda keep saying that they are in war with Russia.

dj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:26 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):

it's common there to call militia as Russians...don't forget the Ukranian propaganda keep saying that they are in war with Russia.

Well at the minimum, they literally will be Russians assuming the Separatists succeed in their efforts.  Obviously Russia has everything to gain.  I think Russia probably has advisors in Ukraine territory.  It would not take much effort to arm or assist the rebels.

Not sure about the media coverage in Russia, but here in the west, video footage is seldom if ever of the battles between Separatists and Ukrainian Govt forces.

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:48 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):

Well at the minimum, they literally will be Russians assuming the Separatists succeed in their efforts.  Obviously Russia has everything to gain.  I think Russia probably has advisors in Ukraine territory.  It would not take much effort to arm or assist the rebels.

most likely there are Russian advisors with militia as well as the US/NATO with Kiev - they don't really make a secret out of it.

Quote:
Not sure about the media coverage in Russia, but here in the west, video footage is seldom if ever of the battles between Separatists and Ukrainian Govt forces.

there are literally tons (hundreds) of videos of actions and aftermaths.

pvt_Grunt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:52 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

To me, time is on the separatists side. Russia can trickle in enough arms and support to keep the conflict going, while not overtly invading.
Ukraine is broke financially, they will need Western support (money and arms) to continue and this will play into Russia's hands.
Ukraine needs to finish this quickly, but I'm not sure they're capable of doing it without massive civilian casualties.

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:00 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

To me, time is on the separatists side. Russia can trickle in enough arms and support to keep the conflict going, while not overtly invading.
Ukraine is broke financially, they will need Western support (money and arms) to continue and this will play into Russia's hands.
Ukraine needs to finish this quickly, but I'm not sure they're capable of doing it without massive civilian casualties.

There is the OSCE mission monitoring Russian-Ukranian border now - they post daily reports http://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/daily-updates.
No proves of any military help crossing the border from Russia.

dj

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:10 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

Exactly...thus the whole reason for the unraveling of Ukraine.  They are in desperate shape, virtually no jobs.  I think unemployment rate is over 20%.  Whereas Russia has deep pockets in comparison and nothing but time on their side and endless supply of military surplus equipment left over from Cold War era.  They can give that away for free...no sweat off Putin's back.

Dima

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:56 am Post subject: Re: The Ukraine Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Exactly...thus the whole reason for the unraveling of Ukraine.  They are in desperate shape, virtually no jobs.  I think unemployment rate is over 20%.  Whereas Russia has deep pockets in comparison and nothing but time on their side and endless supply of military surplus equipment left over from Cold War era.  They can give that away for free...no sweat off Putin's back.

Officially there was less that 8% of unemployments in 2013 and 9,3% for 2014 (by now):
http://index.minfin.com.ua/people/unemploy.php

DJ, what you don't understand is that the South East Ukraine beeing the industrical capital of Ukraine (and Ukranian SSR during USSR) has huge stocks of conserved AVF, vehicles, weapons, etc. The Ukranians tried to defend them badly, especially AVF conservation places, but only in Artemovsk tank conservation area militia has stolen at least 14 T-64 MBT (according to the official Ukraine and 21 according to militia).

F.e. in Russia we have right now more than 50K MBT (T54/55/62/72) and more APC/IFV in conservation areas.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Jump to: