Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1245
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:29 pm Post subject: My Wact am Rhein Review Reply with quote

This Review is for Wact Am Rhein 4.50 and 4.50.14.
Sliders were set to middle no advantage for either side 30min battles, never see enemy nothing ticked.

Liked
-I was able to continue my campaign started and saved at version 4.50 when updating to 4.50.15. In 4.50 I couldn't click the next battle, so was really happy I could continue at the exact spot as I had saved before patch, put many hours in grand campaign and was at day 14.
-New AI is nice
-They give you a strategy PDF map and Individual map screenshots.
-New graphics
-Tanks had different paint even same type!
-The game would always save even if crashed.
-The many many many types of different Half-Tracks!
-Maps were edited
-New Models look great
-You can see enemy stats after battle opposed to The original Battle of the Bulge Game.
-Bazooka seems more powerful
-The cover changed to see individual cover instead of star
-version number listed
-Soldiers seem to use grenades and weapons more while assaulting
-Thompson and Mp40 used at longer range
-[spoiler]Roads leading to Rhine at end [/spoiler]

Disliked
-Not Really a whole lot! If they were they were really really minor.
-StugIIIG would kill my troops side ways without barrel moving if immobile. For instance If facing north would shoot and hit players west of it. I understand TDs had guns that coudl still move even though turretless but that was too extreme. Not sure if any other TDs did the same.
-Meyerode Map was hell to fight on. AT teams if you took road and MGs, If you took woods.
-I didn't see any un-scoped G43s used by troops only snipers.
-I didn't see the Tiger tank in battle
-Didn't see US flame thrower team
-Didn't see M3 scout car (white scout car)
-Didn't see M20 scout car
-M7 priest
-Didn't see chafee tank
-I didn't see tank crews with any smgs, usually 1 guy in crew would have thompson same with Axis with mp40.
-Minor error when viewing the opposing team exits to desktop but rarely.
-An odd Green screen happened rarely. ctrl alt del fixed.

Conclusion
I would have to give this a 9/10 stars. It felt like a campaign. The enemy was using the last men and reserves during last days of battle. Worth Buying.

warwon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  273.84 KB
 Viewed:  394 Time(s)

warwon.jpg

flak36aa.jpg
 Description:
This Douglas A-26 Takes out a Flak 88 AA In the woods south Meyerode, after destroying one group of my team on patrol.
 Filesize:  357.43 KB
 Viewed:  417 Time(s)

flak36aa.jpg

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Last edited by vobbnobb on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:42 pm; edited 4 times in total

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:54 pm Post subject: Re: My Wact am Rhein Review Reply with quote

Hi and glad you took the time for a review of WAR. Some of the things you brought up:

Quote:
StugIIIG would kill my troops side ways without barrel moving if immobile. For instance If facing north would shoot and hit players west of it. I understand TDs had guns that coudl still move even though turretless but that was too

MG, or main gun fire? The top mounted MG was remote controlled and had a 360 degree radius of fire. The main gun can't off hand remember, but it was not much swivel L/R

Quote:
-I didn't see the Tiger tank in battle
-Didn't see M20 scout car

Yeah.. Both of those have been added in several mods for WAR. Latest variation of the "Stock" mod by Platoon_Michael also, that takes the best of the stock game and puts the best of his ideas into it also, like a couple of Tiger 1's.

If you liked the stock game? Try a couple of the mods for it, like the Stock and Vetbob, they enhance it even more and THANKS again for the review  Smile

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: My Wact am Rhein Review Reply with quote

Hello. I will have to try them thanks, and it was main gun not mg on the stug that would do that. Basically over swivel turn downright too far what is made to do when immobile.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:19 pm Post subject: Re: My Wact am Rhein Review Reply with quote

StockMod would be your better choice.

I consider VETBOB unfinished

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:21 am Post subject: Re: My Wact am Rhein Review Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that I didn't see M7 priest, M24 Chafee tank or Marder from TBOTB 4.02. Why were they left out? Any way I can add these tanks from original game without overwriting tanks already on there?

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:26 am Post subject: Re: My Wact am Rhein Review Reply with quote

Quote:
I forgot to mention that I didn't see M7 priest, M24 Chafee tank or Marder from TBOTB 4.02. Why were they left out? Any way I can add these tanks from original game without overwriting tanks already on

It's been awhile since played the Stock mod, or should better say have been playing some CC5 mods and PiTF after playing the mod again (stock) PM made, but am certain the Marder is included, believer it is the Marder2? Pretty sure remember the M7's being included as well and the page PM has here has it listed. Don't remember the M24 however.

Here is the Read me he has for it:

stock mod read

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: My Wact am Rhein Review Reply with quote

@johnsilver checked didn't see the marder in it, what unit ? @ platoon_michael are you going to add chafee and marder down the road to stock mod? maybe other vehicles? I played your stockmod and  vetbob was good also.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 am Post subject: Re: My Wact am Rhein Review Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
@johnsilver checked didn't see the marder in it, what unit ? @ platoon_michael are you going to add chafee and marder down the road to stock mod? maybe other vehicles? I played your stockmod and  vetbob was good also.

295/18th is one of the units I remembered had a marder (or 2). It might have been the VetBob mod am remembering however, rather than the Stock mod if you looked and didn't see the marder with that KG.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: My Wact am Rhein Review Reply with quote

Hi vobbnobb,

I do not see myself adding more vehicles to the Mod at this time.
I consider the game to already be Vehicle heavy.

I know that the original game has many vehicles that are not currently being used in game.
I'm currently still working on upgrading the sound.fx  and possibly a few other things.

Modding the game is a Hobby for me and it falls somewhere after work,RL,and then my personal time,so I cant say when anything will be completed.

I can go from working on it every chance I get or to the current status of never touching it.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: