Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:50 pm Post subject: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

I never knew this but, I forced 2 members of zuggtrupp (battlefield commanders) to surrender with a surprise ambush from an m4 sherman. I don't really capture these guys often. Usually they fight to the death but morale was so low on the battlefield they gave up.

The interesting thing is I am able to use enemy flares to my advantage as this screenshot shows also, My platoon team announces it after the radio message came into Zuggtrupp (from off map german artillery team) I am wondering If this could be used as artillery barrages and aircraft strikes against them like  their own night flare was used against them. If so this opens up a whole new world for recon teams behind enemy lines in this game. By the way it's Panthers In The Fog.

zugg.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  274.46 KB
 Viewed:  262 Time(s)

zugg.jpg

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:56 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

This would be a bug for sure.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

I have played very little PiTF but I've never seen this ever happen, so I guess it could be a bug/new feature (can't tell for sure because Matrix) but I think it deserves investigating. If it is a bug I can understand that it went unnoticed in testing, partially because like you said, you don't capture command teams very often, and partially because there is only one round of night fighting per day of battle making it even more rare.

Nice find anyway, please update if you see more stuff like this happening. Also I think officials at the Matrix forum would be interested in seeing that, they might even(probably not) have an explanation.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:02 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

Platoon team commanders announce all strike radio commands. I don't think it is a bug because your platoon team can use the enemy radio that you captured along with the commanders.  The reason why I don't think this is a bug is because - Platoon commanders on both sides are the ones who issue strike orders if you take their radio you can receive enemy incoming strike orders and you can send them the wrong  information back to shell their own. example wrong coordinates like I did here. haha! It makes perfect sense.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:07 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

Your assuming too much here.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:09 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

It even lists them in radio message as an enemy announcement, why do you suppose a bug?

Last edited by vobbnobb on Sun May 04, 2014 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:09 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

I am not sure but, for calling strikes, there should be some codes etc. and if commander decides to surrender, they should possibly destroy these,(Remember a scene from "We were soldiers", while lieutenant was lying hit on the ground, he orders his man to make sure that, codes do not fall into enemy hand), then it comes to interrogation of the surrendered men, but  I suppose that could not be possible in a few minutes.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:11 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

Oh, those guys at bottom are just regular german non captured troops the zugg guys were captured about 5 minutes ago b4 flare became available

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:16 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

CC5 used to have an old bug where the Germans got the notification that naval was available to Allies. They didn't get to use it though, they just heard Allies have it. I believe the 5.01 patch fixed it.

In this case, a text search of the PITF manual on the words capture, surrender and radio bring up nothing that would indicate this was meant to be possible. Taking that into account and the fact that this has never been mentioned before, I am sure its a bug.

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:05 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

vobbnobb:

Are you sure you 'captured' the flare?  By the screenshot it seems like this could be your flare that was announced, or
I'm not understanding what exactly happened.  It's possible that both sides received flares about the same time (what I see based on messages), but you could only use your flare and it seemed like you captured the German flare.  

As far as I'm aware, you can't "capture" enemy radios.  The message that comes in is listed under the Platoon HQ, whether they are dead, alive, or captured.  I think it's just the message protocol.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:23 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
vobbnobb:

Are you sure you 'captured' the flare?  By the screenshot it seems like this could be your flare that was announced, or
I'm not understanding what exactly happened.  It's possible that both sides received flares about the same time (what I see based on messages), but you could only use your flare and it seemed like you captured the German flare.  

As far as I'm aware, you can't "capture" enemy radios.  The message that comes in is listed under the Platoon HQ, whether they are dead, alive, or captured.  I think it's just the message protocol.

Thanks all. I had used a flare previously in the game, as far as I know Allies don't receive enemy radio messages for artillery or plane strikes or vise versa. I don't know why they would with flares, I still think it's odd that I would be getting the message as allies. I will have to pay attention next time if in battle when a flare is available to the enemy, and if its announced to the other side with just flare burst or just a condition and announcement with captured HQ guys. To replicate captured enemy platoon guys with unused strikes will be hard to replicate but will try.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:08 am Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

I was able to replicate this tonight and the enemy DOES NOT message allies when flares come in  Smile  This is indeed a special condition with captured enemy platoon troops and unused strikes for their team that you can use after the capture. Here is the proof, this screenshots shows NO enemy flare announcement just an Incoming! sound from allied troops.

How? For example well I think it may be the platoon HQs of your team may tell the captured platoon leaders to reply back in german to their artillery guys or a code to the wrong coordinates to hit the germans instead of allies. Then Bingo! You as the commander get that message back from the platoon hqs of your team for the go ahead to use it.  Whether it be flare, plane or artillery barrages.. TOLD YOU GUYS  Very Happy

special condition.jpg
 Description:
Playing as both allies here, messages are different with having captured enemy command troops and not having them.
 Filesize:  50.86 KB
 Viewed:  172 Time(s)

special condition.jpg

incoming.jpg
 Description:
This shows no enemy announcement therefore this is a rare special condition when capturing enemy command troops with unused strikes.
 Filesize:  249.68 KB
 Viewed:  157 Time(s)

incoming.jpg

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:27 am Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
I think it may be the platoon HQs of your team may tell the captured platoon leaders to reply back in german to their artillery guys or a code to the wrong coordinates to hit the germans instead of allies. Then Bingo! You as the commander get that message back from the platoon hqs of your team for the go ahead to use it.  Whether it be flare, plane or artillery barrages.. TOLD YOU GUYS  Very Happy

Your explanation makes sense in the real world, however the game doesn't work like that at all. Its just a bug.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:34 am Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

Ewwww its a bug............

get it off,get it off!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:54 am Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

Laughing

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:46 am Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

CC is such a great game that you find yourself often interpreting a couple of lines of code as real events. For instance when I killed a panther with grenades I imagined that one eventually got into the hatch or exhaust pipe or whatever, so that's why it explodes Razz.  In reality, it is probably just a mathematical scala , like you have %1 chance to explode it with normal grenades etc.

A little bit of roleplaying is never bad Smile

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:41 am Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

You have a real "flare" for finding bugs.... Embarassed

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:04 am Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

Hello again. I just want to report that yet again, I have captured a command team - 2 members from Netherland Zug trups in Last Stand Arnhem and had a flare available to my team again. After the NL command team surrendered I walked my own command team up to them while they were walking back to my teams and shortly after doing so I received a radio message (from the off map flare mortar team?) Indicating I had an enemy flare available to use just like what I said in the first post of this thread. This is twice now on the soldier stats screen at end of battle, It said they had 5 acts of cowardice in total between the two. I don;t know if walking up to them caused it or just the surrender of these troops got me to use their flare. This is twice now on different games, so maybe there is something to capturing enemy command teams with unused strikes. Or just a bug, still trying to capture enemy air and mortar strikes. Map was Huissen. Managed to only get some of it on video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BByvHMEAXM

flareagain.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  253.58 KB
 Viewed:  186 Time(s)

flareagain.jpg

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:07 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Enemy Zuggtrupp And Use Strike Radio? Reply with quote

I believe in you vobbnobb, it seems a special condition indeed. How long was from the capture of the command team to the appearance of the message by the captured enemy command team? very curious behavior.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: