Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1228
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
Sulla

Rep: 12.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:53 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

@ Nom,

Quote:
I agree. If he has a real copyright about it, Matrix/Slitherine would not use it. It has not sense and I feel how there are many unknowns. I would not make nothing breaking the Matrix/Slitherine copyrights for see one day how my site is shut down by them.

At the end, all we have about this, it is the word from Sulla. Nothing more.

Given all you have said. I am putting you in the don't matter, don't have to listen to you category. All you want is to piss people off and cause trouble. You are out of your depth and it shows. Now go away and please just leave me in peace!

At SL, OK, you know some of the back-story. You wanna chat about this?

I am not gonna be the CC Communities perennial kicking bag, esp as we would have stood still if Simtek had not come along.

Some of those brilliant as fuck ideas are good Wink I have several completed design docs and with a new engine, the old code to work from, our own codebase, [NEW] we could use what's good, discard what's bad and take our time to come up with something worthwhile!

If Stwa is any good as a programmer, there are others. We could go our own way and design something open, with options for almost everything, so you can please lots of people and keep it very open with easily moddable DBs, easily modable graphics etc. We maybe even could start with the ability to import real world map data to render into 3D.

LMK SL, This would be totally transparent to all involved! I a not interested in money, this is ost certainly NOT about money! But making a decent, good CC would be the dream! Email me mate!

@Stwa Would you be interested? We could work up an Open Source or whatever agreement get NDA's to keep Matrix/Slith away.

Cheers - Sulla

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:23 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

HI,

Dunno. I have been CCMT type since it came out.

It seems to me evolving what you have already seems the best. Don't have to wait for workable version. Get something out soon...

If matrix stops 2d versions, then campaigns wont be in 3d. So, only modders can proceed beyond GWTC. And that seems unlikely because of the required mapping.

CCM/CCMT is tac only, and mods or addons can move quickly. It might also be best for Single Game H2H also.

In fact, if I could map like SL, I could go wild with ideas, just using current CCMT.

So, who owns code for CC2 Redux?

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
Given all you have said. I am putting you in the don't matter, don't have to listen to you category. All you want is to piss people off and cause trouble. You are out of your depth and it shows. Now go away and please just leave me in peace!

And this is told by one man who he has been very clear about how he does not want accept his guilt and he wants a revenge against Slitherine.

At other way you are not nobody for tell me what I must make. I have been many time around here and probably I will be more....

Quote:
LMK SL, This would be totally transparent to all involved! I a not interested in money, this is ost certainly NOT about money! But making a decent, good CC would be the dream! Email me mate!

Oh now because you see how nobody go to support you with his money, you change of mind....but you told it few time ago.

Quote:
I have actually thought about Kickstarter. I really do think that working together is the way to go. ALL of us.

Sulla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:59 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Hmm....
Can smell something. Must have stood in something.

Nom, am not rising to your pathetic baiting any more. I REALLY don't care what you think. All future posts by you will just be ignored lol. So please feel free to waste your time, you trouble making, shit stirring [Choose Expletive of own choice]

@ Stwa, SL,

Email me guys! sulla [at] closecombat [dot] org

I will get hold of Schreken.

Sulla

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:37 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Sulla, can I suggest you one thing? why do you not make a new thread for your matter? you used at first place a thread intended to speak badly from the last CC game (even at this you made a failure).

One game the Gatheway to Caen that now after play it, I like it and I´m starting to edit it.

Pds: Clearly if you wanted help to the community, you had not come here telling us all the bad things made in the CC games by the teams at develop of these games. The funny point is how you were part of them...

Sulla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:47 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Actually Stwa,

MT is easier and is good on a tactical level. CCAT CCJTAC were all based off CCM as was MT.

I will start a thread over at CSO.

http://www.closecombat.org/csoforums/viewforum.php?f=277

Cheers - S

Sulla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:49 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

I think it would be a good idea for you and SL to try out CC:RAF, CC:JTAC etc.

To see how different they were. Will also try and upload CC:AT.

S

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:50 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Mooxe,Sulla if you really are privy to this source code, help make tools like a CCReq or another type of battle editor. IMO that's much more realistic.

Thank-You

Troger,We need features (some we have seen in one release or another) in one.  As Michael noted, digging in, towing, 2v2/3v3 H2H, strat map functions, modding tools, a fully-developed editor that could switch between CC3 and CC5 "modes", girly soldiers.  I actually thing a lot of things that Steve, Cathartes, Mana, Southern Land, etc did in PTiF and GTC (especially GTC) were actually big improvements.  

Again,Thank-You
But now I think all of that may be too much to ask.

Stwa,BTW, I am a C/C++ coder since the 90's. Other languages before that.
Well well well,Look what the cat dragged in!

After this post I'm done with this thread and done trying.
Seems to me sulla you need to get with the program here.
We are just a group of people who play and sometimes Mod.
We are not the large group of programmers that CC had back in the day.

If you,Steve,Mafi,Stwa or anyone else you know cant....... create a new CCReq tool that would work for all the re-releases?
Even if it could only support single battles and say maybe4 maps for Ops it would hands down without a doubt be the single biggest addition to CC to date.
Can you get rid of the Girly Soldiers?
Can you help increase,widen the deployment zones?
Maybe a few other things I cant think of off the top of my head.

The only other thing that would be better than a new CCReq would be a MMCCIII type program that could be used with the re-releases.
One that would support multiple BG's.

You've talked the talk,now lets see if you can walk the walk.

Sulla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:04 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Hia Platoon,

I think both points you made are very good.

I know a couple of programmers [more probably]

The req has been a major prob. We all have things we want fixed.

By thinking you are powerless, you make yourself so.

Head over to CSO.

http://www.closecombat.org/csoforums/viewforum.php?f=277

I don't have ANYTHING to prove Platoon, but I desperately want a better CC. Caen IS better, but within limits!

Will PM you

Shaun

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:43 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

yea I'm done.
I did send you a PM asking for the password,but I've since changed my mind.

I'm not a lawyer and I'm not gonna pretend to be one.
I do not want my name associated with any form of open Source CC.
I assume that's what the link you posted is to.

Have a nice life sulla

Sulla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:09 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

No worries PM,

Entirely up to you. ;)

Just trying to put my money where my mouth is!

Every day above ground is a good day at this point!

Sulla

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

SULLA YOU ARE A DICTATOR, YOU HAVE DEACTIVATED MY ACCOUNT AT YOUR SITE. YOU ARE A BAD GUY, SPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE SHARED FILES WITH YOU AS THE SPECIAL INSTALLATION FROM JAVA FOR NEWER OPERATING SYSTEMS AND OF COURSE, YOU HAVE ADDED ALL MY MODS. IF I CAN NOT ENTER AT YOUR SITE, YOU HAVE NOT MY PERMISSION FOR PUBLISH THEM AND IF YOU CONTINUE PUBLISHING THEM, IT WILL BE CLEAR HOW YOU RESPECT THE WORK OF OTHERS, AT MY COUNTRY WE NAME TO THIS PEOPLE THIEVES.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:59 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

The war going on in this thread is more horrific than CC ever was.

dj

Rep: 157.5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:14 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Nomada, if you keep arguing with him and instigating trouble, then no wonder Sulla banished you from his own site.  He offered you a truce, then you kept arguing anyways.  

Then you wonder why he did that?

@ SouthernLand - the AI "as is" is completely useless for years now.  You , Sapa, PJ, TT amongst others worked hard to fix that for mods only.  However I have not seen any noticeable improvement in stock game for years now.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:12 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Nomada, if you keep arguing with him and instigating trouble, then no wonder Sulla banished you from his own site.  He offered you a truce, then you kept arguing anyways.  

I do not go to be blackmailed by enter at one site. I did not see any truce from him or apologize from his insults. At the end, he is a man making false promises and lying us, he has not the copyright from the CC games and this is the reason because he does not want publish it.

Another funny point is how sad is him when he tells that Gatheway to Caen is not enough, are you all blind? Sulla was the responsible from the re-releases and when they were made with not enough features, he was speaking about them as the best from the world....

Of course I do not go to hide the true. Always that he enters here telling things which he has not made.

Quote:
the AI "as is" is completely useless for years now

Really I feel that you have not played too much to the CC games, the AI from the last games is very useful at comparation to the older games. I would say that CC4, CC5, CC3, Cross of Iron, and Close Combat Modern Tactics had not too much IA. Close Combat - Wacht am Rhein, Close Combat: The Longest Day and Close Combat - Last Stand Arnhem have a better IA but it is not too good. Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog and Close Combat: Gatheway to Caen have a better IA at comparation to the others and it is enough, at least you must not wait for hours a attack of this and it is not bad defending.

But never, absolutely never you can compare a IA at all games with a human player.

Quote:
If you,Steve,Mafi,Stwa or anyone else you know cant....... create a new CCReq tool that would work for all the re-releases?

Platoon_Michael. Steve does not work with Sulla and the same we can say probably from Mafi. About Stwa, I have not seen a new small program made by him.

About Sulla, he is not a coder or graphic designer. Probably you know more about modding a CC than him............if you want some help about CCrep, you should ask to Steve at Matrixgames forum.

Quote:
Just trying to put my money where my mouth is!

At the end this guy is obsessed with money. I will save my money and all you should make the same for the authentic owners from the CC license which they can give us a really a CC new game.

Gerwin

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Interesting posts here, especially by Sulla.
The background sounds plausible, considering how the re-releases turned out.
I am sorry it turned out the way it did. At least, it is just a Game.
But since for Sulla his health and income were and are at stake; just take care of yourself.

Back then in 2007? I hoped and actually expected CoI to at least change the data formats. Change them from proprietary to something similar to Quake 3, Strike Fighters, or the Allegro game programming library. You know: PNG/JPeg graphics, ZIP for archives, INI files for loads of game parameters. This in itself would give a much more  comfortable working and modding environment. But alas. I complained at CSO about the lack of INI file settings for AI armor purchases, right after release of CoI. I am still puzzled at to why it was programmed without such conveniences.
If there were just two entries in the registry or ini file:
"AI_soldiers_girly=1"
"AI_armor_cap=5"
It would have made all the difference.
About 16-bit graphics, it is hardly a  noticable drawback for the user, and already miles better then 8-bit paletted colors in that regard. 16-bit is just a little annoying for the devs, because one creates things in 24 bits true color (=rrrrrrrr,gggggggg,bbbbbbbb) then slightly shrinks everything for publishing (=rrrrr,gggggg,bbbbb). I think by 2007 hardware was just fine with smooth-scrolling 24-bits, so no need to have stuck to the 16. It adds to an uncomfortable working and modding environment.

Doubt if open source CC would lead to a great things, as it has a bit of anarchy in it. Contrary to one good vision.
Maybe one day we will see something like what happened to the Thief 1+2 and System Shock 2 games. An anonymous source distributed new executables, which fixed and enhanced the engine in numerous areas. These games are now good to go on modern systems for years (DirectX 9 API), and sparked new interest in mapping new levels.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:25 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
You know: PNG/JPeg graphics, ZIP for archives, INI files for loads of game parameters. This in itself would give a much more  comfortable working and modding environment. But alas. I complained at CSO about the lack of INI file settings for AI armor purchases, right after release of CoI. I am still puzzled at to why it was programmed without such conveniences.

I do not see any sense for some as a ini file when the armor settings are different for each vehicle. If you start to make things more global, at the end, you have a RTS and I know very well how a RTS works because probably I´m the unique guy here who he has modded at 100% a RTS.

At the end, I have made mods for many games and the Close Combat are probably one of the easier for be modded. Others need worse tools or the code is more complex, of course it is a 2D game by the moment and there is not comparation between to make a 2D model and one 3D model, 2D is easiest. The unique bad point is the amount of time, it takes more time than other games but not by this reason is too difficult.

If a corrupted mind like me can make it and even discover how to make a strategic map manually with photoshop and I have not studied in the university, everybody can make it. Wink

Gerwin

Rep: 31.1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

It is not all bad, after all CC3 was brilliant for its time. I am talking improvement.

As for ini files:
Keeping soldier uniform colors in the exe, now that is an idea. (sarcasm)

VicKevlar

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Wow.....fun thread.

Coupla quick points while I have a little time.

Not too many people here ever had to deal with Keith "stop fucking with my data" Zabalaoui in person or on phone. Even the rare conference call was a bit psycho with that guy. Atomic/CC was his baby and treated it that way with any and all comers.

EYSA is what GI Combat was meant to be. Aside from the Mad Bunny's game of hide and seek......Strategy First was having a MAJOR financial crunch that year. They literally shoved GI Combat and 5 other titles out the door that November to get the holiday sales in hopes of saving some of the Canadian business sites. Wasn't the original/target release date for GI Combat sometime the follow spring Shaun? Anyways, after the GI Combat release debacle it was decided by the powers that be to do it correctly.......EYSA. Major potential there even with some of the weird camera issues.

Destineer is now one (1) and only one man. The last workers have been gone for some time and a few friends ended up at Encore here in the Twin Cities.

Matrix and a few of those leaders screwed over more than a few people. I still kept ALL of the emails/docs from that timeframe to cover my ass! And it's been a damn decade.  Laughing

I see Nomada is his usual charming self.....hasn't changed a bit. Not one.  Razz

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Gerwin wrote (View Post):
It is not all bad, after all CC3 was brilliant for its time. I am talking improvement.

As for ini files:
Keeping soldier uniform colors in the exe, now that is an idea. (sarcasm)

Yes, CC3 was brilliant for its time. But I prefer edit the soldier uniforms at a txt file.

Quote:
I see Nomada is his usual charming self.....hasn't changed a bit. Not one.

Why should I change? most of all are equal than 14 years ago. Rolling Eyes

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: