Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1229
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
Sulla

Rep: 12.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:20 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

@ Antony,

What CC has always needed was a simplified but realistic TW like strat layer, with supply, stacking units, fog of war, logistics, bridges, eailways, real worl targets that make for strategy. We already have a great tactical game [with some fixes] but the SAI game has always sucked.

Having both, a great Strat layer, with real objectives [numerous] so the defender attacker are always having to guess, as in real life what the objective is, what to defend, where to move units etc.

Add this so its linked to the maps, with gains reflecting reality in both SAI and TAI. No more of deploying in a minute square, no more game of chequers Strat layer! Thats what would make CC great.

S

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:20 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Sulla wrote (View Post):
I am sure Steve will do a fine job on the next engine, but 1 programmer and 1/2 graphic designers is not boding well.

In fact there are 5 persons who work on tbf...

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:26 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Sulla wrote (View Post):
The source code, belongs to my company. I never signed it over to Matrix and never sold my company to Matrix. When I as ill, Matrix were supposed to look after my company, they took it over effectively. There were numerous contracts I never got paid for.

Sulla wrote (View Post):
 I got the code, brought to Matrix as I thought [Dave was a mate] to have him steal everything from me.

Sulla

You say you / your company own the CC code. The CC-code is protected by copyright.. Right?

You say Dave/Matrix stole the code from you. They have put out games with that code in it. Right?

Given above, it seems you have a strong case here.

Maybe you have already....my thoughts:

Is it perhapps time to consult a layer who is specialized in lawsuits for copyright issues.
Suppose you can have one work without interim fee, just for the percent of the end result.

/S

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:30 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

BTW: Doesn’t this make Matrix Games a pirate?

So the ppl working on the CC-projects are thus pirates, being a part in pirating CC…  
I always suspected that, especially TJ and Shrecken.

Laughing

/S

Sulla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:51 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

@ Manoi

Steve told me it was just him programming part time as he is also working on the re-release.

He said 1 or 2 graphics guys part time. Given Southern Land told me he is giving up map making etc. But then, I am no longer privy to insider info Manio, Wink so can only go by what I am told.

@ Stalky,

I know mate, its being looked at very carefully at this minute. It really depends on Matrix/Slitherine and if I can stand to actually put up with fighting them. Oh I would win, but the fight...... After the last few years, I am unsure mate! 1 heart attack is enough! Destineer signed the code to Simtek to develop, I then got Matrix to publish, they never had the dev rights to the code, just to publish the end result, we had rights for both military use and commercial to develop the code and use it with the proviso that it was never sold retail only online. I signed with Chris Sharpe at Destineer and Peter Tamte/Paul Rinde. Chris and I were the ones who worked the deal out. He was prior to this a Col in the USMC and was tech adviser to Destineer on First to Fight! He then took over contract management and other stuff for Destineer.

@Manoi, so 1 part time [Steve] and 4 full time?

S

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:24 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
We had 2 programmers who had totally opposite ideas of what SA should be. One would do one thing and then the other would undo it. Eric tried to get them working together as did I, but man..... ! We got to the point where we were passed our release date and we had to go gold. We decided we had to go gold and Eric assured us it would be ready and bugs fixed. Then 4 weeks before we went gold Eric vanished for 5 weeks. Turns out he had got a young girl pregnant and left his wife, which did not help us at all as everything was then on release schedule. Without Eric, we could not get changes made, fixes put in, etc etc. We had no idea of this at the time, we just new Our lead Designer had vanished. All we could do was fix what we could with the 2 devs, then patch it ASAP, hoping Eric would turn up. We had so many really good testers on that game, Sarge, Snr Drill, Boar and tons of others. But if no one is there to listen its kind of hard.

I do not trust you too much with this by one reason, Squad Assault was clearly a clone from G.I Combat, I played the beta from G.I and the gameplay was a shit months before the end but our comments were ignored. I remember how your team had a deal with strategy first and they must pay you and publish the game, even if it was a piece of shit, I know it because some good people from strategic first told me about it.

At the end, with Squad Assault, you tried to sell us again the same pìece of shit.

Quote:
Squad Assault Second Wave had Doug Walker as lead dev, thats actually MUCH better, have you played it?

I have not played it, but you can imagine what I think about it.

I know how in the begining, nobody knew how make a 3D game, there were a lot of piece of shit but the people leading these two proyects (or I should say one where you obtained three games), they made a bad job and this was not a programers problem. You should have seen how the game was a piece of shit from the begining.

At the end, you made three games with one game, always trying deceive us. Of course, you were not at all the games but you were in the second and you should know how it was the same piece of shit from G.I Combat.

Fortunately for us, very few people bought these games.

Quote:
The attachments were always stored as files outside the DB, so no spyware is possible. Also the import to phpbb, wont allow attachments in the DB so for 2 separate reasons no spyware could be there.

Kapersky detected some of your threads as spyware. I do not remember what of them but I saw them. You can trust me or ignore me. It is free.

Quote:
There were numerous contracts I never got paid for. Matrix laid almost everyone off apart from Steve.

Always thinking in the money............and profits.

But really I can not imagine that you were not payed if you had really a contract with them. Perhaps I try ask them because I would like know the story from both sides, at my country there is a sentence for it, the true at 50%.

At the end, modding is for free. If you love CC games, you would release freely the code. At other way, all here will think forever how you want win money again with it for sell us again a re-made.

Close Combat Marines and RAF should have been released years ago, now.........they are not more than a old book which you read thousands of times. They are useless.

Quote:
I am sure Steve will do a fine job on the next engine, but 1 programmer and 1/2 graphic designers is not boding well.

I feel that you have not told everything. First they are making the game with a no errors engine, one very tested and with support. Second by the moment it looks better than all the work made by teams joined by you with more people, more money and more.

Revenge is not a option here. Here, there are players and modders, all we make it for free and for enjoy.

Quote:
The suggestion of an open source project where everyone can do their bit and everything it completly transparent just seems a good way to get what we have always wanted. We have after all been waiting some 15 years on every release hoping - this time ....... But it never is is it?

You can make your proyect but if you ask for money to the CC community, I will not agree with this.

Sulla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:39 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
I feel that you have not told everything. First they are making the game with a no errors engine, one very tested and with support. Second by the moment it looks better than all the work made by teams joined by you with more people, more money and more.

@ Nomada

Its called both sides of the story! Ask away. Of course you WILL be told the truth. I am the one living on welfare!

Now just give it a rest. You ask for things, info, when you get it, it has to be someones FAULT.

Kasppersky is famous for False Positives. I am using BitDefender 2014 and its shows nothing. Neither do either of the server installed AV or Anti Malware. Now stop trying to put people off visiting. Is this what you have been going around saying?

Man.....

Now, I have had enough, think I will just go back and work on my virus infested site Nomada! You just keep waiting, everything will be great like the last 18 years of waiting.

Talk about community! Do something for yourselves? lol Smile I was offering a choice and no strange as it may seem to you NOMADA, it was not about revenge, it was about getting the CC we have always wanted.

Good luck mate!

S

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:56 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
Kasppersky is famous for False Positives. I am using BitDefender 2014 and its shows nothing. Neither do either of the server installed AV or Anti Malware. Now stop trying to put people off visiting. Is this what you have been going around saying?

No really. You feel that I´m attacking you but you are wrong. Just I have told many things told by other people about your answers and I have given you a piece of information. If the people visit or not your site, it is your problem. Of course, if nobody know about it, I do not know how they go to visit it.

Quote:
t was about getting the CC we have always wanted.

All we have always wanted or all you have always wanted?

For you, everything is a conspiracy, if you have the copyright about the CC code, I do not think that Steve would publish nothing with the same name......

If you have another hearth attack, it will be your problem.Wink In fact I do not trust you at this. I do not want be bad but I go to repeat again it because everybody are thinking it. When you out Matrix, we saw a CC with all the features asked for years.

Sorry man but you had your chances. Accept this or return to us with more than false promises, dreams from a old era and attacks to the real people which they are working at this moment.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:25 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Hi Sulla,
I got a couple questions if you will?

What code do you own exactly?
Original versions of CC or all the re-releases too?

If its the re-releases do you have anyone on your end who can work on it?

Is the code your willing to give us still as bad as you say it is when you got it or would we be getting a cleaned up version of it?

Does it come with a Manual?
How would anyone know what does what within the code?

If you have the code for the re-releases who could make even just minor changes like change the deployment zone from a small square to say a rectangle?
Could say LSA get 2.vs 2 H2H?
Digging In?
Towing of AT_Guns?

A manual on how to create/implement exploding Bridges?

Can anyone who can create a CCReq Editor?
If so could they take it farther and be able to do Ops. and GC's?

If nothing else can you help us get rid of the Girly soldiers within the re-releases?

Last edited by platoon_michael on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:28 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

I'm not interested in stepping on anyone's toes here.

And certainly have no interest in doing "ANYTHING" Illegal!
But I would love to have the CCReq editor I mentioned and a 2on2 H2H

Edit:
I always thought it was Free deploy I wanted untill this morning when I looked at CCReq.

Duh Embarassed

Sulla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:58 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back
Quote:  <Select>

No really. You feel that I´m attacking you but you are wrong. Just I have told many things told by other people about your answers and I have given you a piece of information. If the people visit or not your site, it is your problem. Of course, if nobody know about it, I do not know how they go to visit it.

Quote:  <Select>
t was about getting the CC we have always wanted.

All we have always wanted or all you have always wanted?

For you, everything is a conspiracy, if you have the copyright about the CC code, I do not think that Steve would publish nothing with the same name......

If you have another hearth attack, it will be your problem.Wink In fact I do not trust you at this. I do not want be bad but I go to repeat again it because everybody are thinking it. When you out Matrix, we saw a CC with all the features asked for years.

Sorry man but you had your chances. Accept this or return to us with more than false promises, dreams from a old era and attacks to the real people which they are working at this moment.

Listen you fucking idiot! I am not blaming anyone. I made my choices! I live with with the consequences! Its NOT a conspiracy. I GOT the fucking code you moronic fucking jerk! There would be NO CODE for them to be working on if I had not worked the deal to get it, Do you understand that? Ask Steve, anyone involved, where the code came from and who got it! Do you honestly think that everyone is out to RIP YOU off? When we did SA we were hoping to create something better than GIC. It had FUCK all to do with selling the same thing again. You are the one inventing conspiracies. I KNOW what happened, ask Jim, Steve, whoever, who got the code and where it came from. How we first got it and what it was like.

You sit there, risking fuck all apart from the odd 30 bucks, and bitch on and on, you or others asked me what happened. I told you. Jesus, why the fuck did I bother! Yes like all of my life if I have another heart attack it will be my fault [strange you find that funny!] I take responsibility for my choices and the results. I don't need some moron who is clueless about what really went on to accuse me of making up conspiracy theories.

I remember years back when you first started modding and came on the scene Nom! You used to be pretty ude back then, I remember banning you from Wargamer forums more than once as did VicKevlar.

Oh show me one thread which shows a virus/malware. One link! Then we can see!

Now, I gave everything up to try for my dream, that was stolen from me, by a friend. FACT. You don't want to believe that fine. But stop hurling insults around. I was not out and nor were the dev team at Simtek out to rip anyone off, And you would not have either the new re-make or the new engine if no one had ever had access to the code engine. Is that siple enough? Do you understand? Or am I still part of some conspiracy to rip off all CC players. God I made SO MUCH money, did so well, thats why I am living on welfare from the state now.

Man, always gotta be a reason, out to rip people off. Is it so HARD to believe people had dreams?

I find you hard to understand Nom. False promises? Nomada, Fuck off back under the rock you crawled out from! People like you utterly disgust me!

Sulla

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:15 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Lets respond to my post......

The one below his

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:53 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

@ Sulla

If you have a idea of project for Cc...why not open a post and explain to all community your plans????

Would be interesting for all..i want to read your project.

heia Safari!!

Sulla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:20 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

@ DAK, Stalky, etc,

I will start a thread over on CSO.

Ideas - Thoughts - Designs - New Engine - Onwards .....

I have had enough of this crap. I am sorry to the rest of you, but Nom was being unfair and throwing around crap.

I have enough in my life without putting up with that.

S

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:01 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
Listen you fucking idiot! I am not blaming anyone.

When people start to insult, they show us how they are really............be careful, you can have a heart attack again.Wink Who knows, perhaps you were expulsed from the matrix proyects by one good reason. I do not know but at least I have not insulted you before and I do not go to make it now.

Just a personal thought, the CC games are better without you working in them.

Quote:
I will start a thread over on CSO.

Ideas - Thoughts - Designs - New Engine - Onwards .....

Yeah, please go where you can delete the answers from the people.....when you do not like them.

Quote:
I remember years back when you first started modding and came on the scene Nom! You used to be pretty ude back then, I remember banning you from Wargamer forums more than once as did VicKevlar.

Sure I have been banned from more of one site because I told the true about many things which they did not like to the administrators which they acted as dictators. I remember to one CSO member which I do not remember the name launching insults to me and I was the man banned but he no.....nothing strange. I suppose that if you can waste $3 millions at nothing, you will not be a great administrator....

Quote:
If you have a idea of project for Cc...why not open a post and explain to all community your plans????

Yes, he could make it but he entered at one post who curiously was a hard critic from me to the last Gatheway to Caen game. Obviously he wanted flame to Matrix and Slitherine.

But do you know one thing? lately I´m thinking buy the game, specially I changed my mind when I read " the final release of the current game engine" and I start to thought, what if I buy it and I try to make one new mod, perhaps a compilation from my previous mods at one, one where you can fight at normandy, caen, holland and the ardennes at a full campaign, if you do not use all the maps and you changes the elements at maps, it can be made.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:15 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Ah one advice for everybody, Sulla has published one small game made similar to one CC5 by one guy many time ago, I remember how it was published and it was deleted by Sulla and his people.

The advice is, be careful with this program, it can burn your graphics card, it will run easily to more of 70 frames and your graphics card will be very very hot. The program itself will tell you about it.

If you do not trust it, I remember you how the first re-make from CC games had this problem and it is very usual at new games because they do not make a limit for the frames from graphic cards.

Sulla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:16 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Listen oh great wise Nomada,

Even allowing for your poor English, I made it clear that Keith and Atomic got 3.5 Million. Simtek got $80,000 each to build Jtac and AT as well as get CoI out.

Do you understand?

No one deletes threads and you were as usual banned for being a troll and trouble maker and not just by me. I am going where I don't have to listen to YOUR delusions and your crap. People are just as capable of posting there as here.

You don't change Nom do you? Is that why Spain is in the mess its in? Everyone is as arrogant and SURE they are right as you?

Bye Nom, someone I truly did NOT miss the last 4 years. Oh and calling everything you say a truth because people don't like it is semantics! Just words for those who don't agree with you. Your posts would actually be quite short without all the quotes wouldn't they Nom?

Sulla

Sulla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:20 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Shit,

You got over there fast Nom.

Any more wise words. Do you know what an example is? It was not published and it was not deleted. Man you are an idiot!

If you have NOTHING positive to contribute, go back and create a new Barbie mod or whatever you are working on!

You are a TROLL

Sulla

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:45 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Again when people must start to attack how write other people, they show us very few from them. Only I can say how I can understand more of one language and even if I support insults like these, I have a complete site made at english. At least I´m not rancorous.

Sulla wrote (View Post):
No one deletes threads and you were as usual banned for being a troll and trouble maker and not just by me. I am going where I don't have to listen to YOUR delusions and your crap. People are just as capable of posting there as here.

Unfortunately it is not true. I have read this opinion from other people and do you know one thing? I was not the guy who he told the answer about the conspiracy. There are more sites in the world, in fact I have saved at other sites part of your comments about CC story because they are interesting. Probably you feel how if you start the insults, all the thread will be deleted, do not worry, I will save each word of you, even your insults.

At the end, more and more insults......I can see your respect about the work of others, one work made freely and for all the community. What is constructive for you?  Laughing

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

IGN: Why do you think there have been so few other real-time wargames? (We can't even think of any others recently apart from Sid Meier's last game.)

Keith: Wargames are a niche market. And as we get further and further away from the time period we're covering, I think we lose more and more people. I had a 20-something person tell me he didn't know the difference between World War II, Korea, Vietnam, and the Gulf War. It's also extremely difficult to design a game that's really a simulation at its core

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: