Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1228
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:30 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Trainwreck!  Nomada you are sounding like a complete narcissist.  Everyone is entitled to opinion or to argue...but to throw that comment out to Sulla about the heart attack was really uncalled for and malicious.

Plus even when I  agree with you about excessive pricing...you still wanted to argue and patronize me anyways.  Maybe you are just an angry person but that was seriously lame.  Do you not realize how much of a pendejo you sound like?

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:37 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to opinion or to argue

Yes, I agree. But nobody should insult to the others when they do not like the answers. Now who is the narcissist, you insulting me or me?

Sulla

Rep: 12.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
Sulla. I have nothing against you, only I have told things which probably many people have thought.

About Matrix, I have asked sometimes about the problems and new features, even when you were at charge. Usually I do not hide what I think.

[quote:d5dda52679]If not for the re-release [which I GOT NO MONEY FROM] CC would have died already. [/quote:d5dda52679]
I can agree with it but I know many people which they think how the re-releases were a failure. Probably if you had made a new CC with the same engine from Wacht am Rhein, it had been better.

[quote:d5dda52679]Nomada I do not need to prove anything to YOU or anyone else.[/quote:d5dda52679]
Yes, you are right. You have proven to yourself to the community around all these years. All we have seen how things were...

About mods, there are other thing which many people think and I do not agree with it at 100% but I can not find too arguments for it. You released one game each year and very few mods were made for them because people always was waiting to the next game. At my opinion, there were not too mods because there was not a good way for to make easily a strategic map. I know how most of the people making mods would agree with me at this.

[quote:d5dda52679]@ Nomada - I am going back to keep looking for mods and files and updating my useless site Nomada![/quote:d5dda52679]
I have not told that it was a useless site. Only I have told how at this moment if you use free servers, you can give a good service and win a lot of good publicity about your work and the work of others. One thing very very very bad from CC series these years, it was the publicity, if you do not enter matrixgames, you could not know about the games. I feel that now it goes to change it a lot with the release at steam, at two days, everybody loading steam service, they will know about Close Combat Gateway to Caen and I´m sure that many people will discover these games.

About your site, you should not have uploaded the old data base because there are threads with spyware, it can be a problem if google detect them and you are added into the black list, I can tell you by experience how difficult is get out the list when you are added.

Take care, Sulla, nobody want see you with another heart attack and please if you love CC games, give a chance to Bloody First, it is our best and fastest hope.

Hia Nom,

Lets call a truce, we both love CC and truly want what is best for it. I have always thought you a good modder, so the barbie was very flippant.

I SO HOPE the new game [not GtC] but new engine is a step forward, as it really is the last chance now. So many things need to be added or fixed, a clean sheet, from a vanilla CC would be a good starting point. I have lots of faith in Steve! Just NOT matrix or snakeboys....

Sulla

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:31 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

No problem. But I do not see me as a good modder, just a modder enjoing his time.

Just a point, your information about how many people were working at bloody first was very old.

Sulla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Steve Told me about 6 weeks ago!

S

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:29 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Sulla wrote (View Post):
Steve Told me about 6 weeks ago!

S

I do not go to reveal my sources but it is bigger than three man.

FMJ, you are not different from Sulla angry and you as him are showing me how you are and obviously you are not a good guy but at difference from Sullar, you are nobody and I do not need answer more your answers, clearly I can ignore you.

Sulla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
Nomada, shut your cumguzzling dicksucking mouth. You're a fucking scumbag and your comments make that very clear. You think its ok and funny to joke about someone having a heart attack? Over your little toy soldiers game! ? Grow up and get a life you Spanish trash. Fuck off.

Thanks FMJ, was starting to wonder why I had come back at one point TBH Wink I was very pissed off when the posts happened, but what can you really say to that? I am v glad Steve is on the series still! Actually the reply to you says an awful lot. You are Nobody? hmm... Interesting concept!

Man the community has changed in 4 years! So many people gone and the strangest people doing most of the talking lol! I have always wanted to just get to the next CC and have the game we have all dreamed of. There are some people that kind of just don't get that!

Code:
I do not go to reveal my sources but it is bigger than three man.

FMJ, you are not different from Sulla angry and you as him are showing me how you are and obviously you are not a good guy but at difference from Sullar, you are nobody and I do not need answer more your answers, clearly I can ignore you.

Nom, I just know what Steve told me, I really don't care if its more or less, so long as its a decent game in the end! You keep your sources lol :)

Its good to see CC on Steam, maybe hope for the series yet!

Cheers - Sulla

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
About the missing mods, some of the mods that you tell how they were missing, they were missing at your site, I saw how you uploaded my 1946 mod but always it was at my site and yes, I use free servers but thanks to it, I have been online for years.

Think this is what started all of this above and it was all mis interpreted.

Nomada, what Sulla meant was that many other mods have been found. Some of yours also several months ago when I PM'd you at your site, remember and you looked for some of those plugins for CC5?

A few others have been "found" also, but not officially put onto his site yet. Am thinking they are going to be put into installer form 1st.. Yes.. I am trying to figure out how all that works... A few beta mods, some CC3 mods unfinished, but with all the pieces.

Hope this helps clear things up Sulla, Nomada.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:03 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
But I do not see me as a good modder,

At least your honest about one thing!

Jejeje, just kidding buddy!

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
Nomada, what Sulla meant was that many other mods have been found. Some of yours also several months ago when I PM'd you at your site, remember and you looked for some of those plugins for CC5?

I recomend you read all the answers. He wanted start a proyect for alternative CC game with our donations. After spend a lot of money......

Sulla, you go to continue this thread alone. I do not see to any modder with exception from me answering to you. I find very few useful this conversation and because I do not go to agree with you about start a alternative CC proyect with our donations, I have told everything.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:38 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Quote:
He wanted start a proyect for alternative CC game with our donations. After spend a lot of money.

Hi Nomada,

I know that Sulla is indeed interested in developing another CC like game. He has mentioned it to me several times in communications that he was looking for developers, or people that he could have help with this project, but I know **nothing** and have heard **nothing** about any donations for it's development yet.

Really am having a hard time understanding what is going on here. Am thinking it all boils down to mis communication, as I have read the entire topic.

JS/Werf

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:03 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

I really don't understand how Sulla can develop on the Close Combat engine. It looks like its owned by Matrix/Slitherine. I don't know what the complete truth is to all this dirty laundry aired in this thread because we only see one side, but it would seem that possession is 9/10s of the law. Considering the history here, who's really going to sign up for developing Sulla's source code into a new Close Combat?

Sulla if you really are privy to this source code, help make tools like a CCReq or another type of battle editor. IMO that's much more realistic.

dj

Rep: 157.5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:48 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
I really don't understand how Sulla can develop on the Close Combat engine. It looks like its owned by Matrix/Slitherine. I don't know what the complete truth is to all this dirty laundry aired in this thread because we only see one side, but it would seem that possession is 9/10s of the law. Considering the history here, who's really going to sign up for developing Sulla's source code into a new Close Combat?

Sulla if you really are privy to this source code, help make tools like a CCReq or another type of battle editor. IMO that's much more realistic.

It's not just about getting the source code...but knowing what to do with it. 

Based on what Sulla said, we need to recruit Doug Walker .  Then we will have a chance.  Or maybe getting a Big $ gaming company to finance a serious effort.  Matrix/Slitherine just doesn't have the financial resources to devote what needs to be done.  Either that or get them to realize they can't fix the game without the "Intellectual Capital" of Doug Walker or a few others that made the game great.  

I had originally high hopes about Slitherine's involvement...but now I think it might be hopeless unless some big changes occur.  

Sulla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:04 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Hia Guys,

There is MUCH that I have not said in this thread that went on behind the scenes. David H at Matrix is to blame for most of it. TBH, in this case Mooxe, there are actually not 2 sides to the story, there is the truth and not the truth.

I did not ask for anyone's money to start anything, I suggested that maybe an open source project would be a way forward, with total open-ness. I ended up with a heart attack, numerous other problems and really came back to get CSO running again. But I am not going to be accused by anyone of things I have not done etc. People don't have a clue what went on and I can only sat so much.

If [Mooxe/DJ] you want to know the whole truth, I would tell you. Its a long and sordid story, where money tops friendship and its put us where we are now.

At the end of the day, I wanted to develop CC to the next gen, I have always envisaged a decent strat layer on top of a new engine utilising much of the old CC. Like TW, but realistic and on a much smaller SAI level. A new engine and several programmers make a big difference and the mney was there from the re-sales, I know and have the figures. CoI alone would I imagine surprise the shit out of you!

Sulla

Troger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:06 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Sulla, you should have ignored Nomada's prodding after his first provocative post.  Then again, you shouldn't expect a rosy reception. You seem to have your own view of what CC should be, but does it match the community's?  If you are going to do something community-led, it should be exactly that, led by the community, not by solely by you.

You should answer Platoon_Michael's questions.  You said you own up to LSA in CC source code.  What does that mean exactly?  Do you have CC3, TLD, COI source code as well? Can it be of any use to anybody?  Are you legally allowed to release it?  

We need features (some we have seen in one release or another) in one.  As Michael noted, digging in, towing, 2v2/3v3 H2H, strat map functions, modding tools, a fully-developed editor that could switch between CC3 and CC5 "modes", girly soldiers.  I actually thing a lot of things that Steve, Cathartes, Mana, Southern Land, etc did in PTiF and GTC (especially GTC) were actually big improvements.  

Where have all these people gone?
Ross [Future]
Han Boss [Attilla]
Eli Precht [Luer]
Andrew Williams [Schrecken]
Shane Cameron [Southen Land]
Randall Grubb [Snr_Drill]
Jim Martin [Oddball]
Mick Conmy [Mick_Xe5]

If you have the source code, and could actually use it, it seems like you first need a programmer who is familiar with the code (Steve or Doug) and can do the things that need to be done.

Last edited by Troger on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Troger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:19 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
I had originally high hopes about Slitherine's involvement...but now I think it might be hopeless unless some big changes occur.  

Fully agree.  I think the "handlers" of Close Combat has always been the problem, not the developers. Steve, Cathartes, Mana, Southern Land did a lotwith what the resources they were given, and they should be commended for it.  GTC has some big improvements--stuff I would like to see in any CC-like game.

Sulla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:10 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

So Troger,

That would be me? As a handler? When we started working on CC, the only source code was CCM, which had large chunks missing. It took 4 years to get the source code for the others and as I said, it was in KZ's garage on some CDs and HDs, which would by now if left probably be useless, as it was some of the data on the HDs had to be recovered as the disks were unreadable.

You should answer Platoon_Michael's questions.  You said you own up to LSA in CC source code.  What does that mean exactly?  Do you have CC3, TLD, COI source code as well? Can it be of any use to anybody?  Are you legally allowed to release it?  

/// Mooxe, I am not going to go into a discussion on the source code on an open forum. I know what happened and I know who legally has the rights. This again goes back to Dave H and Matrix. Suffice to say I do have code for CC2 CC3 CC4 CC5, CoI, CCRAF, CC:AT, CC:JTAC, CC:MT, CC:TLD, CC:LSA CC:WaR

We need features (some we have seen in one release or another) in one.  As Michael noted, digging in, towing, 2v2/3v3 H2H, strat map functions, modding tools, a fully-developed editor that could switch between CC3 and CC5 "modes", girly soldiers?  I actually thing a lot of things that Steve, Cathartes, Mana, Southern Land, etc did in PTiF and GTC (especially GTC) were actually big improvements.  

I agree, They have done great things. All possible BECAUSE we have the code! Steve has had 6 years working on the code and is doing and making some much needed changes. I had a PM from SL saying he was finished with maps etc.

Where have all these people gone?
Ross [Future] - Working with Aus Post
Han Boss [Attilla] - Fired by DH at Matrix, now working in RL [Accountant I think]
Eli Precht [Luer] - Fired by DH at Matrix, now working in RL [He went to finish training in law]
Andrew Williams [Schrecken] Treated v badly by Matrix/Sliith. He contacted me when I came back this time, thinking I was back to take over the project again. When I told him, I was just back to run CSO, he vanished again [working with brothers in their jewellery business]
Shane Cameron [Southen Land] As Above- Lost his HD and sent me msg as above.
Randall Grubb [Snr_Drill] - Got a cpl of emails from him after I set CSO back up, he is working for the Govt [military]
Jim Martin [Oddball] - Had one email - not sure where he is now.
Mick Conmy [Mick_Xe5]  - Got a cpl of emails from him after I set CSO back up, he is working for the Govt [military] Emails/phone bounce!

If you have the source code, and could actually use it, it seems like you first need a programmer who is familiar with the code (Steve or Doug) and can do the things that need to be done.

/// Any programmer in C or C++ could work on the code. Steve has cleaned it up so much! It makes sense now. I am more than willing to listen and have even been contacted by programmers since I came back, but I am not going down the route of stress, being pounded by the community and having another heart attack. I kept CSO going on my own much of the time while CC was in a major lull. I got the source code. We at Simtek remember did almost 100% military work. The only one we really developed commecially was CoI and we got nothing from that despite the $100,000s it made! Matrix took over everything after that when I was ill. Thats why Luer/Atilla/Drill were fired!

We did expect to do great things, we even expected CoI and more re-release to fund a new engine, as it was we got nothing and matrix used the money to stay afloat. Why do you think they sold out to Slitherine? Because they were doing so amazingly well?

Mooxe/Troger, I am fed up of answering for the past. I think whatever I did wrong, I have paid for and then some. People forget, no source code, NO CC, No next gen CC. But I am always somehow the bad guy! TBH, I am v fed up with that crap. Ask Steve, anyone involved where the source code came from. The state it was in.

We all have different views of CC and what it should be. Thats were making things optionable comes in, but this is NOT commercially profitable! The same with making it mod friendly as Wings Sims did with Panzer Elite and Soldnor. When I talk about making a community based game, it would be just that. BUT, it still would need a project lead, an overall designer, artists, to sift and use various ideas etc but it would be open on all levels.

Or, I could just release the source code! But that again would have consequences. Much of this kind of discussion at least source code etc, should not be on an open forum.

Sulla

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:33 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

BTW, I am a C/C++ coder since the 90's. Other languages before that.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):
Sulla, you should have ignored Nomada's prodding after his first provocative post.  Then again, you shouldn't expect a rosy reception. You seem to have your own view of what CC should be, but does it match the community's?  If you are going to do something community-led, it should be exactly that, led by the community, not by solely by you.

Ah jajajaja please do not make me laugh, clearly I do not represent to anybody but you..........you do not represent to nobody more than yourself. You have not made nothing by the modding community at all your life with exception from critic the work from others. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Quote:
We need features (some we have seen in one release or another) in one.  As Michael noted, digging in, towing, 2v2/3v3 H2H, strat map functions, modding tools, a fully-developed editor that could switch between CC3 and CC5 "modes", girly soldiers.  I actually thing a lot of things that Steve, Cathartes, Mana, Southern Land, etc did in PTiF and GTC (especially GTC) were actually big improvements.  

You can not speak about these things when you would not use them, you are not a modder.

Quote:
We need features (some we have seen in one release or another) in one.  

For years people was requesting you the features from CCM at the re-releases and we did not see them. As director of all this, it was your fault.

Quote:
I really don't understand how Sulla can develop on the Close Combat engine. It looks like its owned by Matrix/Slitherine.

I agree. If he has a real copyright about it, Matrix/Slitherine would not use it. It has not sense and I feel how there are many unknowns. I would not make nothing breaking the Matrix/Slitherine copyrights for see one day how my site is shut down by them.

At the end, all we have about this, it is the word from Sulla. Nothing more.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:28 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen, a turn back Reply with quote

would the correct starting point be using the existing code or start with the cc concept, and use the code where it works and remake the rest.

I maintain the only way forwards at this point is a significant advance it AI

The basics of SL's brilliant as fuck AI concept

**Each BG has a commander, each commander has a distinct personality with main and subordinate characteristics that will alter according to battle results

** the BG commander may be killed in battle and his successor will/might have a different personality

**platoons or sub groupings with the active BG will have 'elastic boundaries' ie set groupings of units will coordinate over small areas, they won't be strewn all over the map

**the strat commander will issue 'simple orders' to the BG commander based on overall strategy, the BG commander will enact these commands as per their personality type adjusted to their secondary charateristics adjusted to the forces they have available, adjusted to the terrain type they have to fight over

**decision making will be randomised to a small degree (15%) by obscured equations date divided by time (or something) that will give loadings on subsiquant decisions within the battle or battle set up

**the AI will be able to see blocks of 5x5 coding blocks on a map (or similar size) and will have instructions on optimum unit usage within these areas ie if it sees blocks of urban terrain it will send infantry in ahead of armoured support, if it sees high ground with a clear LOS it might allocate a sniper there.  If it see's blocked LOS from the enemy it may chose to infiltrate etc etc.

-----the coding blocks will be grouped  1.buildings 2.roads 3.water 4.open ground 5.covered ground 6.forest and will be further subdivided by elevation

**the AI will have a percentage chance of using the same setup positions a second time (i know while testing GtC before my desktop shat itself I took 3 turns to take a map off the Germans, each time the AI positioned at AT gun in the same spot)

**the AI will turn into GIRLY SOLDIERS once a % has been lost.  (they may even run away squealling Laughing )

**AI tanks will recognise superior tanks once they are in LOS and they will get the fuck out of Dodge!

**The AI will have hardwired tactics to draw from.  It willl know how to encircle, fire and manourve, using reserves and so on.

**The Ai will recognise the value of retreat where necessary... this will be dependant on the BG commander

Thats all I have time for (I had pages of this on my dead computer) including simplified yes/no decision flow chart.  I'm no programmer but what I understand its all a matter of binary decision making.

I don't think there is anything there that can't be programmed.  It won't be a genius but it will be better than we have at the moment.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: