Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
MG422

Rep: 6.8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:56 pm Post subject: Couple other questions afteer playing the game Reply with quote

Purchased the game and feel like it is a liittle better than PITF (CCs lowest point).  I own all of them except for the modern versions.

Just to vent, I still do not know why they just didnt carry over the AI from CC2, I have always felt that one was the most challenging.

Is there an easy way to unlock the force pools to increase the number of units you can play in a battle? Would like to play the campaign with having the ability to play with 20 units on each side.

Are there any panzerscrecks (german bazooka teams) in the game? So far haven't seen any.

On the strategic map, I see in some cases a blue sign or a red sign (Cassino section) has one.  Does this mean anything?

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:58 am Post subject: Re: Couple other questions afteer playing the game Reply with quote

Quote:
Are there any panzerscrecks (german bazooka teams) in the game? So far haven't seen any.

Yes, 2-3 German BG's have several in the Support teams as options.

Quote:
On the strategic map, I see in some cases a blue sign or a red sign (Cassino section) has one.  Does this mean anything?

Hadn't noticed before.. That flag looking thing? Good point....

Ovidio

Rep: 2.8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:44 am Post subject: Re: Couple other questions afteer playing the game Reply with quote

Hy guys, this game is still not for Mac, right?
Since my Company moved to Mac I have forgotten CC.
Hopefully by the end of the Year we'll get the new one running both on Windows and Mac (and on iPad)!!!
Is there anyone who modified some CC games to make them Mac- compatible after CC2?

MG422

Rep: 6.8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:51 pm Post subject: Re: Couple other questions afteer playing the game Reply with quote

Ovidio,

I doubt there will be a mac version.  Dont hold your breath. I am able to play  it  fine on PC with a bare bones laptop.

Silver,

Thanks for your answer, surprised how few of them there are in the game. Played a turn as the germans and didnt have one in any of them.  Saw them (after I posted) in other bgs. Overall feel their are still too few.

Still curious about the flags, see an icon for the hillls with extra visibility.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: Couple other questions afteer playing the game Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for your answer, surprised how few of them there are in the game. Played a turn as the germans and didnt have one in any of them.  Saw them (after I posted) in other bgs. Overall feel their are still too few.

looks like at last the developers started to make some researches Smile or just checked some accurate Normandy mods Wink
no PzF/RPzB for the German PzD in Normandy till late July/August.

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: Couple other questions afteer playing the game Reply with quote

Ovidio, check out this post, maybe it will help, it's the only suggestion I have for Mac users, and I'm not one myself: using macs with CC

Regarding some of the German weapons:

You will see some panzershrecks appear in the later battlegroups--9 and 10 SS BGs as well as a few others.  No panzerschrecks with 12 SS.  

Regarding the flags on the strategic screen maps--these represent high ground maps.  If you capture the prime VL on the map, it will give you the strategic high ground, and if you're playing an operation or campaign, it will give you a sighting advantage through the two adjacent maps where you will be able to more easily sight enemy battlegroups/identify them as long as you hold the high ground. This only works for the enemy battlegroup that is on top if your enemy is stacking two to a map.

The blue arrows on the strategic map are entry areas for Allied BGs in the Grand Campaign.  The red arrows are the German entry areas.

Ovidio

Rep: 2.8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:27 pm Post subject: Re: Couple other questions afteer playing the game Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
I'm getting a new and more capable MacBook, so I guess I'll have the HD partitioned and install an old Windows OS.
Waiting foe the iPad game! Very Happy

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: