Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
pt11070

Rep: 15.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:29 pm Post subject: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

Is there a difference? if I buy on Steam can the game still be modded? If I by at Matrix can I still play on Steam?

pt

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:00 pm Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

pt11070 wrote (View Post):
Is there a difference? if I buy on Steam can the game still be modded? If I by at Matrix can I still play on Steam?

pt

I have asked to Steve about it and he told me how both games are equal at 100%. There is not differences. But personally I like more the game from matrix because you do not need log in in steam.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

The steam version was released a bit later and does not need the MP hotfix patch.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:41 pm Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

I went with Matrix/Slitherine and regret it.  Steam is better because you will be able to use it in your quest to find, and maintain relationship with, opponents (give that the ingame browser is junk).  And it will always keep your game up-to-date.  Definitely Steam.  They should have forced people to go with Steam.

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

They dont give you a key to Steam with your purchase on Matrix!?

pt11070

Rep: 15.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:02 pm Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

Ok went with Steam but where are the local files? Cant find it on the C drive.

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:57 pm Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

How many Close Combats have been on steam? This and possibly PITF must be the only ones yea?

I might have to get it on Steam. Thats where we got New Vegas from. So it will probably be easier.
Its a shame though. I completely appose the existence of steam. I hate them for what they have done to me. There tyranny and discrimination disgust's me.
At the same time, i hope the game does well on Steam...

Before i make the purchase i will need to research any possible way that steam could majorly fuck me over. I.E Not being able to play it when ever,where ever, i want. Not being able to mod it. Not being able to play certain players due to some sort of discrimination on steams part. Ect

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:17 am Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
The steam version was released a bit later and does not need the MP hotfix patch.

In fact the hot fix is not neccesary most of the times, I recomend you check the matrixgames forum because it is just neccesary if you have some type of problems with the net.

Quote:
I went with Matrix/Slitherine and regret it.  Steam is better because you will be able to use it in your quest to find, and maintain relationship with, opponents (give that the ingame browser is junk).  And it will always keep your game up-to-date.  Definitely Steam.  They should have forced people to go with Steam.

Steam can be a great bullshit if you want play the game when you have not internet. Probably you have not thought it but if tomorrow Steam is shut down, you will not be able to download the game and install it at your computer.

I can guess that if you buy it at Steam and you install it, you will be able play without internet, Steam can be run without internet with one condition, Steam must start when your computer starts. If not, at the end, your Steam will not run. Another beautiful thing from Steam.

Quote:
Ok went with Steam but where are the local files? Cant find it on the C drive.

When you install the game, it should tell you where they are. At the end, you can search them on the controls from each game at your Steam. At the end, if you have not selected another folder, it will be where Steam be selected, at least all the games that I have seen from Steam make it.

Now thinking, probably with the Steam version, you can not run more of one mod each time or launch the normal game and next without any change a mod. Very probably if you want launch a mod, you must change the start properties from the game.

Do you continue thinking that Steam is better?

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:40 am Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

Steam doesn't seem to be able to let me add GWTC.
Is this because I bought it from the Matrix site?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:44 am Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

http://steamcommunity.com/app/297750/discussions/0/522729358671209328/

Follow those instructions..

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:46 am Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

What exactly is Steam?

Is it a server to play or just a place to find people and buy games?

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:07 am Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
What exactly is Steam?

Is it a server to play or just a place to find people and buy games?

Nobody knows.  Question
Big Brother. Middle man.
Makes steam come from my head.

I have already said to much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Troger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:51 am Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):

Steam can be a great bullshit if you want play the game when you have not internet. Probably you have not thought it but if tomorrow Steam is shut down, you will not be able to download the game and install it at your computer.

I can guess that if you buy it at Steam and you install it, you will be able play without internet, Steam can be run without internet with one condition, Steam must start when your computer starts. If not, at the end, your Steam will not run. Another beautiful thing from Steam.

I thought you could access the game via a shortcut for the game on the desktop, or by navigating to the .exe file, are you sure you need the internet?  That would be a detractor to Steam.  I don't think Steam is going anywhere anytime soon, it seems to be doing quite well.

Troger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:54 am Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
How many Close Combats have been on steam? This and possibly PITF must be the only ones yea?

Gateway to Caen is the only CC on Steam right now.  They said that they may put others up at some point.

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:00 am Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

I hate to admit it. But it would be great if they one day chuck all the oldies on steam at a low price.
It would be beneficial to CC.
If i go to a game store and they cant find a game for me. I interrupt them and say "Dont tell me to look on Steam"
But that's for allot of old games. Steam also has a thriving Indy game market.
Alot of interesting new ideas and concepts are coming forward. Alot of games that the fat cats would never publish are starting to make it.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:21 am Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):

I thought you could access the game via a shortcut for the game on the desktop, or by navigating to the .exe file, are you sure you need the internet?  That would be a detractor to Steam.  I don't think Steam is going anywhere anytime soon, it seems to be doing quite well.

At other games, you can not make it if you do not crack the game and the better point from steam is how difficult it is from be cracked.

I´m a user from Steam for other games. If you have not internet, you can not install any steam game. You can play some of them without internet, not all but only if Steam is opened in the boot, Steam uses one thing named credentials from you, if you lose them, you can not open Steam and if your computer does not open Steam automatically in the boot, you will lose them.

If you feel that I do not know nothing about Steam......... this is my mod for Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion, a game from Steam. http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-alliance and this one of my Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption mods, another game that you can find at Steam. http://www.moddb.com/mods/foc-alliance-22x

Quote:
They said that they may put others up at some point.

Probably the other CC will be added at CC the next months, other games from Slitherine were added before. The unique good point from Steam, it is the price, I can not imagine a game which it has few sales at Steam with a high price and Steam has more discounts for the year.

At other point, Steam will be good for CC games at this moment because many new player will discover it.

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:51 am Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

Ok, so as usual, you can add your purchased game (from Matrix) to Steam.

As for Steam:
Steam works fine off-line, you can start it and shut down anytime, likewise turn on/ offline anytime.

Games are installed in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common

You can chose to  place a shortcut in the desktop when you install the game, but this shortcut is an internet url to the Game through  Steam, so it will open the game after it starts steam (if no connection to internet is available it will start steam in offline mode).

Alternatively you can access the game directly. In the folder, mentioned above, you´ll find the game .exe ( send it to desktop as shortcut, using the right click menu). Then the game will run or ask if you want to start steam in on/ off  mode. I don't know how  CC GTC is integrated but probably requires steam to run, as this acts as DRM for all purposes.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:29 pm Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

13% discount of Steam till June 13th.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:31 pm Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

TTorpedo wrote (View Post):
Steam works fine off-line, you can start it and shut down anytime, likewise turn on/ offline anytime.

I do not agree. Try it for more of one month and you will see how at the end, Steam does not run without internet.

And other games as by example, Half life 2 will not run without internet.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:49 pm Post subject: Re: Where to buy: Matix or Steam? Reply with quote

So it seems that is better to buy it from matrix because:

-If bought from Matrix, you can have your steam serial too
-You can register the game at matrix

if you buy from steam:

-Can't register serial at matrix

On other stuff, I feel cheated, I bought Pitf because I thought it was going to be the last.  Rolling Eyes  except lol it isnt.

Oh well live and learn they say.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: