Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:29 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Finally Messi scored a goal on a WC, I think he hadn't scored even one ever, considering he's been top three for a while now he is surely not up to the expectation in the international stage.

What's your alliegance? if your team falls who do you support next? what are your enemies?

Hardmode: No big 4 (Brazil, Holland, Germany, Italy except if you're from there)

Team - Mexico

Rooting for: US, Uruguay

Mortal Enemies: US, Honduras

Natural Predator: Argentina, UEFA

If you know of a place to watch the US match, send me the link to a PM. I'm not getting it locally, only the Germany - Portugal

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:23 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

check your PM

heia Safari!!

dj

Rep: 157.5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:03 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Germany massacred Portugal. Belgium had a great comeback vs Algeria.  US finally beat Ghana, barely.  Bad luck for US squad to have to play the Krauts in 1st round.  The Krauts look bulletproof this year.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:22 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Germany is always a contender, always seems ready to take it all , always on top 4 but also always falls short. This time though they do look invincible, looks like only injuries or extra field things can slow them.

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:55 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

El desastre de 1899
El desastre de 2014

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:42 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

The malady of having winning it all, or maybe just too tired and old? Spain brought the most players ever repeating from last WC triumph it seems. What the hell was Torres doing there for example? he's worse than Chicharito and that's saying a lot.

Really awesome way how Uruguay won. Luis Suarez is greatest striker, guy got heart and love for his country.

russ109

Rep: 12.9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

I am glad I don't follow football, but I sometimes watch the World Cup!

England played like they usually do - poorly, they didn't deserve to go through! Its about time most of the squad were dropped once and for all including Rooney. How many times must they play the same players for the same dire results?

Drizzt

Rep: 121

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Well, about soccer, the classic Italian mentality error: "we are among the best, so we can don’t run (too much) against certain kinds of teams". Classic. We have donated all the first half to Costarica team without to do almost nothing. In second half, a foolish 4-2-4 never played by us has produced nothing (no right movements done by the four attackers: no usage to do that kind of movements).
It’s the same thing as in friendly matches: no real effort showed/applied by Italian team (it’s true for many teams, but for us, in friendly matches, it’s particularly true).
We'll see against Uruguay.

Drizzt

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:47 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote (View Post):
Well, about soccer, the classic Italian mentality error: "we are among the best, so we can don’t run (too much) against certain kinds of teams". Classic. We have donated all the first half to Costarica team without to do almost nothing. In second half, a foolish 4-2-4 never played by us has produced nothing (no right movements done by the four attackers: no usage to do that kind of movements).
It’s the same thing as in friendly matches: no real effort showed/applied by Italian team (it’s true for many teams, but for us, in friendly matches, it’s particularly true).
We'll see against Uruguay.

Drizzt

Uruguay - Italy, now THAT is a match worth seeing. I predict lots of punches, kicks etc. With C. Rica at 6 points, there's no use to tie. Both are very cynic in their way of managing the flow of game (faking injuries, delaying time etc) but both are also very strong in their defense. Can't wait to see this.

Seems only Holland and Germany has a real chance in this. Well lets see how Bosnia & Herzegovina does against Argentina, I didn't see Belgium play.

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:14 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

russ109 wrote (View Post):

England played like they usually do - poorly, they didn't deserve to go through! Its about time most of the squad were dropped once and for all including Rooney. How many times must they play the same players for the same dire results?

There is not enough English players in the Premiership that's all we got  Evil or Very Mad

russ109

Rep: 12.9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Desertmouse wrote (View Post):

There is not enough English players in the Premiership that's all we got  Evil or Very Mad

Then its about time they called it a day, because I am fed up to my back teeth with all the hype these players get for doing not a lot on the pitch!!!!!

dj

Rep: 157.5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:14 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Desertmouse wrote (View Post):

Damn shame that England did not advance.  France, Germany, Holland all look solid for Europe.  Argentina, Brazil in the Americas are going to be tough.  Might be some upset team this year never know.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:54 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Germany wow. Seems they are actually humans and not perfection seeking machines!. That group just got interesting. USA can even finish first.

Las week of group games, some will go home others will continue but we wont know until last minute in some cases. Pretty excited!

Very worried with Croatia, Mexico can tie and will advance, Croatia needs to win no matter what. Let's hope Ochoa has another great game and that the strikers have honed their sights.

Brazil NEEDS to win to bolster their morale, otherwise they will be attacked by their media and it can have its toll on the players. They are not in a big danger I think they need to lose by a 2 differential and a tie between Croatia and Mexico that will leave them out.

Costa Rica really is surprising.

Looking forward to Italy - Uruguay and US - Germany

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:34 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

What a day uh? didn't get to see any game but saw the results.

Germany - US, is this the most announced tie in recent history? for me it is. Germany knows the US squad has order and play good football, it is commanded by their former coach. The US knows Germany can ruin anyone's day, they won't risk it, with a tie both advance not mattering what happens with Portugal and Ghana, if one of the two goes haywire it can jeopardize the qualification of one of them (US and Germany). I think some one made a few phone calls to some former friends tonight, lol. Shit outcome I know but it is what it is, that's the format of the tournament and sometimes it present us with these unethical situations.

Algeria, wow never saw that coming.

Nobody is looking at Belgium direction, everyone's attention is at dull Brazil, incredible Costa Rica, powerful Holland or historic Germany. But Belgium is sneaking away towards what seems a high goal and in a very good way.

Tomorrow starts the final chapter of the group stage. Not to miss Group A matches as with some very improbable combinations Brazil can even be left out!

Meanwhile the Croatia - Mexico game has started with some verbal jabs, lets see what comes out on the field! very excited can't wait!.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:00 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

3-1 for Mexico! Croatians seemed winded before the mid-time even. What a great match for me that was, full of emotions.

Now against Holland!

I remember the last game against Holland in France '98, almost 94 minute, down 2-1 then that play by Luis Hernandez  Laughing . That was still a group match, Holland had rested some key players since they were already qualified, but whatever, coming back from 0-2 is still something. Then next match Mexico was eliminated by a methodical Germany  Sad

This time Holland seems hungry and aiming for much more than the eternal second place. Mexico wants to believe (believing doesn't cost anything) that it can go further than round of 16.

Tomorrow great match in Italy vs Uruguay, is a do or die for both. Who would have thought that the first to qualify in this group would be Costa Rica? I bet there's some very rich people right now!  Laughing

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:07 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

As predicted, really tight game with lots of physical confrontations, even a red card. Luis Suarez again doing some questionable behavior (remember that flagrant hand in SA against Ghana that gave his country the pass because Ghana failed the penalty), guy is beyond crazy, only "Loco" Abreu surpassed him with his addiction to panenka style penalties and fast tongue.

Gotta give it to Uruguay, such a small country that nonetheless produces quality players on consistent basis.

Go Uruguay!

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmmmm good to see our reserve team is just as crap as our real team Shocked

What the hell is wrong with SUAREZ  is he a fucking werewolf ban him for life stupid turd

Drizzt

Rep: 121

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

to Kanov: Unfortunately I have seen only the second half. The expulsion of the italian player was really questionable, but it can't be an alibi for us. In ten men we have played better. The fear has been our doctrine: in eleven vs eleven we don't have played well as in ten. It's strange and funny: I continue to think that the team was the best of the group, even if some of the best italian players have seen all the games in Italy, in front of TV.
In a single game against a team all can happens, but to lose two games out of three it means the something was really wrong: I think that the main fault is of the coach (tactic, motivation). Human material was good at least for the quarters-final.

Drizzt

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Abreuuuuu!!!.....abreu!

heia Safari!!

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:04 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

The Greeks won it 2-1 against the Ivory Coast by a penalty shot at 90 + 3'. Even my Greek buddies are saying that the penalty was a bit faked but Greece earned the game regardless!

There were so many emotional up and downs the whole game. What a bitter end for Ivory Coast...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: