Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:42 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

So many bitter defeats in the final minute or seconds...I can't believe it.  US team completely choked...they had the game won vs Portugal, then horrible defense plus a turnover cost the game. Now the US has to win/draw vs the powerful Krauts to advance.  Suarez is an idiot.  Funny how his teammate tried to cover up the victim's bite mark. The Mexican referee must have been biased against Italy to not call a penalty or give Suarez a red card.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Rooting for you Americans!

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:09 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

I remember the Greeks beat the US Allstars one year in basketball and the USA team had some great players. I bet there are some European teams that could beat ours easy.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:58 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Please don't take this in bad way, just posting some funny comment I saw regarding the American advance to best 16.

"Greatest lose against Germany since Kasserine pass!"  :lol:

There's a chance that US and Mexico can meet at semis. A VERY slim chance but would like to see that. Bitter enemies in football, it will be their own Final game. You have beaten Mexico in round of 16 at Japan-Corea '02, a very sad day for us, since then, maybe a little back then, the supremacy has been on your side, a victory here will mean restoration of prestige for Mexican football in the CONCACAF area. Well it would mean a LOT of things a pass to the final game, but first

Lets play against Netherlands!

dj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:53 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Please don't take this in bad way, just posting some funny comment I saw regarding the American advance to best 16.

"Greatest lose against Germany since Kasserine pass!"  :lol:

There's a chance that US and Mexico can meet at semis. A VERY slim chance but would like to see that. Bitter enemies in football, it will be their own Final game. You have beaten Mexico in round of 16 at Japan-Corea '02, a very sad day for us, since then, maybe a little back then, the supremacy has been on your side, a victory here will mean restoration of prestige for Mexican football in the CONCACAF area. Well it would mean a LOT of things a pass to the final game, but first

Lets play against Netherlands!

Oh please, America only gave up ONE goal against Germany and made it out of the Group of Death.  They really held their own just fine.  Portugal got annihilated by Germany and US hung in there tough.

You're right though about Mexico.  It is sad that even in our own country, when Mexico came to L.A. to play U.S. team...on American soil the Mexican fans spit on the U.S. players in famous disrespect.
There are huge number of Mexican-Americans or illegals in America...they already had one riot after the last victory.  Even IF U.S. can figure out how to beat Belgium, it is almost hopeless against mighty Argentina.  If only they had Landon Donovan still. In the small chance US plays Mexico - yes it will be like a war and riots everywhere.

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:29 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Lots of outsiders in the 16: Costa Rica, Mexico, US, Switzerland Greece  Nigeria and Algeria.
Nederland and Argentina have the road paved to meet up in the semi-final
The other side is mush more balanced, with the rest of the south Americans cornered around Brazil witch should come on top against the winner of the  Europe VS Africa pool France maybe.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh please, America only gave up ONE goal against Germany and made it out of the Group of Death.  They really held their own just fine.  Portugal got annihilated by Germany and US hung in there tough.

I think one could argue that Germany was playing with handbrake on since they had the best goal differential and only needed a tie to advance so they were practically inside best 16 by second game. Had the US-Germany be played on the first day, it would have been very different...

Quote:
Lots of outsiders in the 16: Costa Rica, Mexico, US, Switzerland Greece  Nigeria and Algeria.
Nederland and Argentina have the road paved to meet up in the semi-final
The other side is mush more balanced, with the rest of the south Americans cornered around Brazil witch should come on top against the winner of the  Europe VS Africa pool France maybe.

Can't believe that either Costa Rica or Greece is going to advance to quarterfinals.

Mexico always advances to round of 16 since the early 90's, Always eliminated in an agonizing way. Most clear chance to advance was in 2002 but USA was in the way. How it hurts  Sad

Argentina only has the genius of Messi, they barely held against Iran, had trouble with Bosnia and Nigeria. If you play in the same way as against Germany but a little bit more offensive I think you have pretty good chances, remember that last game play that almost ends in goal by Dempsey? something like that. You need to do more of that surprising pass, rewatch that play and it feels like old Brazil is sporting the white kit. Let's hope Messi is absent like he is sometimes against good defense. Don't give him an inch of space in the last third of your own field! their mid-field is better so you only have counterattack, you have fast forwards.

Netherlands, now that is a powerhouse. Mexico has a great goalkeeper, but the reason that he has shown so many aptitudes is because the defense sucks, they let rivals in and shoot point blank, only the ability of Ochoa has kept the goals received to one. Van Persie and Robben don't forgive when given the chance so Mexico needs to not let them play, maybe assign personal mark to both of them. The difference I think is more mental than anything, Mexico has the block of always losing in this round, Netherlands is accustomed to go as far as semis on a regular basis on the WC.

I wouldn't discard Chile so easy, in fact I predict 1-0 to Chile.

TTorpedo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:08 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Chile nahh With so many "millions" invested Brazil will get the final no mater what.
Its a shame their world cup winner manager, Scolari, does not know shit about football, he does know how to get the players under his command and With Brasil resources its enough.
"My" first world cup was 82. Brazil had so many good play-makers that they  used 2 as defenders. Best footfall ever.. losted in the Quarters to Italy. After that their football become more and more predictable European style, but wining never the less.

All things equal Colombia - Belgium on the final would only half-surprise me Smile

dj

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:29 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Kanov - true both USA and Germany were playing for draw.  Even the players admitted it to media.  Plus the poor weather conditions helped even more to slow the game down.  Ah man, the Mexican fans are haunted still by the humiliation by losing to USA in 2002.  A national disgrace.  

Yes if somehow if Chile pulls the upset against Brazil, they will burn the stadium down.  It is bad enough Brazil had riots and protests about spending so many Billions on hosting the World Cup and building new stadiums.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Out again in round of 16. Winning up to Minute 86 then it all went downhill, they let the netherlands play conceding way to many corners, was a matter of time until they capitalized on one of them.

Only left cheering for costa rica or usa. Too bad they must cross paths if they win their two next games.

Really impressed by James Rodriguez and Colombia in general. 4 games played, 4 wins.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:28 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Congrats US, you did well.

Can't wait for France v Germany, I know I said Germany looked pretty strong at the beginning, but now I don't know, France is playing pretty good too and with more "beautiful" football.

A bummer that Brazil and Colombia are going to eliminate between them. Should be a GREAT match though with two great talented players: Neymar and James (pronounced Ha-mess) Rodriguez. I hope Hulk doesn't play, he just hampers the attack for Brazil.

The other side of the brackets look more lopsided: CR vs Netherlands and Argentina vs Belgium. Belgium and Costa Rica are with out doubt the black horses this WC, I would not discard CR as easily now as I would have at the start of the tournament but Netherlands time to choke in football tournaments has not come yet as it is usually in semis or in the great final. Now Argentina is playing very poorly on defense but luckily for them they have faced poor teams with no big danger up front, plus they have Messi that can decide a game in the final minutes if he so wishes.

Brazil v Argentina on the final game is of course the desired result for me, even though these current NT are not up to par with their best selves from different eras, it is still the dream game for latin america to be played on a final.

dj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:00 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Oh well, US gave it a good run.  US never seems to fair well against European teams....I really wish they survived long enough for penalty kick showdown in overtime.  France v Germany, Brazil v Columbia will be quite the games.

dj

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

I pretty much called it...in my previous post.  Germany, Holland, Argentina, Brazil in the final 4.  It would take a miracle for Costa Rica to beat Holland - not going to happen.  No big surprises this year.  Brutal injury to Neymar, that is a disaster for Brazil now.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Still hope for Costa Rican upset.

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

It's been a very good world cup, the best I can remember with lots of goals!

Still, one can always hope for an even better one. I hope that for the remaining games some individual emerges and through feats of footballing skills becomes the deciding factor that wins his team the cup.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
It's been a very good world cup, the best I can remember with lots of goals!

Still, one can always hope for an even better one. I hope that for the remaining games some individual emerges and through feats of footballing skills becomes the deciding factor that wins his team the cup.

Now that Neymar is kaput, one hopes the likes of RVP, Robben, Messi and Klose wake up and show us their full potential. Some of them have shown us some nice strokes of genius like that VP head goal in group stages, Messi's goal vs Iran on last second and that great dive by Robben, but still I think we haven't seen all they can offer.

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:36 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Brazil spanked ha! one man team
pains me to say  but other other team class dont think Brazil would have won even with Neymar or the other one that was missing them Ger......s were too good

England forever and european champs 2016 Very Happy

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:03 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Couldnt believe what I was seeing. Even though this Brazil has nothing on previous versions of itself, I think nobody anticipated this result, but apart from that the lack of courage and palatable nervousness that brazilian players showed, I mean most goals they just stood there like a deer blinded by some truck lights before being struck and killed.

Awful awful game. Latinamerica wept today. And then they made fun of it.

Seems that this american(as in the Americas continent) world cup will go to europe.

dj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:06 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

WOW, I'm not shocked Germany beat Brazil but it was the blow-out score that has me stumped.  The Neymar injury was devastating to the morale...he is an exceptional player, maybe the best on their team.  Brazil had army of riot police in force.  Good thing Brazil did not lose to Columbia they would have had riots for sure.

Best players in my opinion this World Cup -

Best pass: Portugal's Ronaldo vs USA
MVP for team: Argentina's Messi
Best all around player: Holland's Robben

Holland vs Argentina tomorrow should be great game?  Argentina and Germany are always good.  Holland is good too, but they have zero titles.  So I am cheering for the Dutch.

TTorpedo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:11 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

7-Up anyone?  What a beating  6 minutes 4 goals  and is all over.
The individual quality of the players is not enough without a team idea and that's Brasil with Scolary. I think Argentina suffers from the same, so Germany - Nederland on the Maracanâ.
Will the Dutch finally take it home?

Argentina taking the cup on Brasil soil would be adding hurt to injury.

PS: fiffa should drop the 3-4 place game, who cares, only Germany plays those games seriously

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: