Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1239
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:58 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Has this redeemed Germany? they have looked very powerful since the beginning of the tournament but struggled against ordered US and Ghana, barely beat Algeria and France.

Now they make 5 goals in less than 25 minutes to the host nation. Granted since before the start of the tournament there were criticism towards this Brazilian outfit, going as far as calling it the worst Brazil team ever. So how much is due to the German team and how much is the fault of the Brazilian team?

For the other semis I think that Netherlands has peaked already, they have played their last games to the top of their capacity, Argentina has been handed the easiest schedule by far of all teams so is no surprise really they are here. Would be more shocking if they weren't me thinks, but the fact remains that their defense is awful and only the incapacity or lack of good attackers from their opponents has prevent them from conceding but a few goals. Now the face Robben, Van Persie/Huntelaar

It will be very interesting this game to see who goes to tame the German beast, who has tasted blood and wants more!

In a personal note, with the humiliation of Brazil I felt that a hero of mine since childhood had been shamed. Brazil for me and I guess lots of other people was the guy everyone looks up to, that everyone aspires to be, a role model (in football). I hope this serves as a catharsis and makes them ditch their pseudo-european style to return to their 'jogo bonito' which enchanted the world so many times.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:09 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Germans scored five goals in a row, like a 2cm flak was firing...Very Happy

dj

Rep: 157.5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:10 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Heartbreak loss for the Dutch.  Still no championships for Holland.  You know Messi and Robben were not going to miss their Penalty Kicks!

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:22 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Boring game.
Was expecting more from Holland but they were mush more concerned with defense wish doesn´t suit there (best) players.

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:20 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

@ dj: I think Messi has done really bad this time around.

I must say that when I saw Iran play Argentina, I thought Iran played better than Argentina, even though they won by luck.
Iran should have won that game by far.

I think that Argentina have gone through to the final just by luck. Examples are: Belgium, Iran(well, that's the Group Stage) and Netherlands. I want Germany to win the World Cup anyways.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

There is some underdogs though. I think Costa Rica have been the best team that aren't in the top 10. Also, Algeria, I saw them play South Korea, and I must say, Algeria kept on attacking, unlike Russia or South Korea. It was quite shocking to see Italy be knocked out by Uraguay, if Costa Rica can beat Uraguay, surely Italy should win? But, the exception is that Suarez wasn't playing.

When I saw Australia play Chile, both teams played well, but they had to lose. Even though they went home with 0 points, they did play well, especially Tim Cahill, with the goal against Netherlands.

I'm quite happy with USA though, shame that they drew with Portugal and then lost to Belgium. Also, in that match, Tim Howard broke the record for the most saves in a WC match I think?

I was expecting Paraguay to be in the WC this year, but they came bottom in the qualifiers, but they played well last time. Shame that England didn't reach the knock outs.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

jakebullet70

Rep: 39.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:47 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

I still say...
If I want to sit around for 90 minutes and watch people try to score I will take my friends to the local bar...

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

I watched it... the first soccer game I watched from end to end... even though the score was 1-0 it was pretty exciting.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:49 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Well the best team of the whole tournament won so I guess it was a succesful world cup. No dubious refereeing afecting outcomes of games like in 2002.

All in all a pretty good game, team effort overcame individualities, Messi once again nowhere to be found on a big international game, I thought it was a joke they gave WC MVP to him, there was no big individuality this time around, if anything, Mascherano (guy literally busted his butt playing against netherlands) or Klose had more arguments to claim that, hell even Neuer!.

Slightly bummed it went to Europe this time, but I think you can't be mad at the Germans since they practiced the best football, a propositive, offensive and methodical football that they adapted each time to beat they adversaries.

Congratulations Germany!

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:37 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Ye, nothing spectacular, Germany deserved it.
Messi as MVP was the WTF! FIFA moment. Besides the already mentioned german players I would put Robben and James ahead, even Neymar made a better tournament.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:09 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Messi no MVP!!

For me a german player...KROOS!!

heia Safari!!

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:40 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Had James beat Brazil and advanced I think he was a lock for MVP. Messi had only that free kick goal and the one against Iran in group stage. Big friking wow.

I bet he is going to be the lightning rod for all criticism in his country, he is always called out on how he is a "cold chest" when donning the Argentinian outfit, how he seems to not care, how he seemingly cares more about his club than his country. Maybe the fact he migrated very young to Spain had an effect on him.

He still has one more chance in Russia 2018!

From this Cup I take with me:

-Unstoppable Germany team. Never seen such a gap between a team and their adversaries in a World Cup.
-Brazil stomped to the ground. I think this was bigger than the 1950 tragedy. It destroyed the Brazilian myth for sure.
-CONCACAF getting stronger...
-Humble Costa Rica outplaying former champs (Italy, Uruguay, England)
-Netherlands going to the dark side for me (I felt that way since the final game in SA in 2010). They are playing very filthy.
-Luis Suarez' Bite
-Colombia's performance. Impressed by James Rodriguez.
-First American cup that goes to Europe. We cannot let this stand! in 2018 goes back to here! hehe
-Line goal technology. Hope this is a sign for the better. Next, unbiased, strictly regulated timer.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: