Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1229
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Orlandez

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:37 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Please explain better what you are seeing in order for us to help. Is the game starting at all? Is it crashing when trying to play a battle?

It says "CCResourcedll.dat" not found .. ? normally it should be "CCResourcedll.dll", that's why it doesn't find the file .. so what? Obviously there's something I'm not doing right but I have placed the mod files under Steam\Steamapps\Common\Close combat - Gateway to Caen, directory where GTC is installed.
So I don't know.
Pity because PITF maps are so interestingly rich.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:20 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

The CCResourcedll.dat is found within the PITF Steam version, but its not a part of GtC. Anyway I have found that the Steam edition of GtC will not use modfolders so I had to use JGSME mod-installer to install the PIFT mod on Steam: https://www.moddb.com/downloads/5-jsgme-modenabler. I used the CCResourcedll.dat from my original PITF Steam edition.

Orlandez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:28 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

The CCResourcedll.dat is found within the PITF Steam version, but its not a part of GtC. Anyway I have found that the Steam edition of GtC will not use modfolders so I had to use JGSME mod-installer to install the PIFT mod on Steam: https://www.moddb.com/downloads/5-jsgme-modenabler. I used the CCResourcedll.dat from my original PITF Steam edition.

Oh, ok, very useful reply.
I'll try then, thanks.

Orlandez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:52 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Link is dead.
I downloaded the JSGME.whatever mod installer from another source anyway.
But, how to use it?
Ok, I activated the mod but using CCResourcedll.dat from PITF it says that there's a problem with the serial number entered and it doesn't work.
Could perhaps somebody owning the STEAM version of the game produce a detailed and TESTED procedure on how to properly install this otherwise interesting mod?
Thanks.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:09 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Good so you have JSGME downloaded.
This will be detailed - just make sure you follow everything precisely and the mod will work.

1. Follow the instructions in JSGME readme file and copy "JGSME.exe" and "JGSME.ini" files into your main game folder of Gateway to Caen in Steam.
2. Double click on the JGSME.exe file located in your main game folder of Gateway to Caen in Steam. Then close the JGSME program if neccessary. - Make sure that this operation results in a folder being created in the GtC mainfolder called "MODS".
3. Place the PIFT-mod folder into the "MODS" folder - should look like in the picture.
4. Run JSGME.exe and install the mod by using the arrow at the top of the interface.
5. Start GtC using you normal procedure and play the mod. - Just watch it so you dont attemt to start a battle that is made for GtC as these will still be in the list of available scenarios. It will crash the game.

Un-installing the mod is done by opening JGSME and using the arrow pointing in the oposite direction to the install arrow.

Orlandez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:58 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

Good so you have JSGME downloaded.
This will be detailed - just make sure you follow everything precisely and the mod will work.

1. Follow the instructions in JSGME readme file and copy "JGSME.exe" and "JGSME.ini" files into your main game folder of Gateway to Caen in Steam.
2. Double click on the JGSME.exe file located in your main game folder of Gateway to Caen in Steam. Then close the JGSME program if neccessary. - Make sure that this operation results in a folder being created in the GtC mainfolder called "MODS".
3. Place the PIFT-mod folder into the "MODS" folder - should look like in the picture.
4. Run JSGME.exe and install the mod by using the arrow at the top of the interface.
5. Start GtC using you normal procedure and play the mod. - Just watch it so you dont attemt to start a battle that is made for GtC as these will still be in the list of available scenarios. It will crash the game.

Un-installing the mod is done by opening JGSME and using the arrow pointing in the oposite direction to the install arrow.

Hi.
I don't have the launchpanthersinthefog link but, since you stated to launch GTC instead, this should not be an issue.
I launch GTC and it states that it doesn't find the Resourcedll.dat file.
I'll try to import it from PITF but I'm not confident it will work.
In fact, with respect to the above description, the mod .exe file will create the PITF folder inside GTC main folder, with its own MODS folder in which it already saves its mod parameters.
Putting PITF inside the MODS folder will tell JSGME that there is another mod, which I have activated following the above suggestions with the results I have described (without the above .dat file your mod should also not be working ..).

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:24 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

"I don't have the launchpanthersinthefog link but, since you stated to launch GTC instead, this should not be an issue." - Its no issue - its just a shortcut that will not be used.

I dont have Resourcedll.dat from PITF anywhere in the GtC install now and the mod works for me.

Please post a screenshot of your file structure of the GtC install - Similar to the picture I posted.

Orlandez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:08 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

"I don't have the launchpanthersinthefog link but, since you stated to launch GTC instead, this should not be an issue." - Its no issue - its just a shortcut that will not be used.

I dont have Resourcedll.dat from PITF anywhere in the GtC install now and the mod works for me.

Please post a screenshot of your file structure of the GtC install - Similar to the picture I posted.

I have attached a screenshot.
It's now the GoG version as I thought it would not yield the same issues as the STEAM one.
Instead, after messing with the windowed mode, the STEAM one ceased to work properly and I had to only rely on the GoG one.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:25 pm Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

To fix your Steam install of GtC - try to verify files with Steam.
Its harder to help you when you have changed platform to GOG after describing the problem existing in the Steam edition. I dont have the GOG version of the game, but the steps I gave should work.

You need to look at my post describing the procedure again because you have not followed the first steps correctly:

You have not done this because there is no MODS folder and no JGSME.exe or JGSME.ini in your main GtC game folder.

Orlandez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:48 am Post subject: Re: GTC_Panthers in the Fog Reply with quote

To fix your Steam install of GtC - try to verify files with Steam.
Its harder to help you when you have changed platform to GOG after describing the problem existing in the Steam edition. I dont have the GOG version of the game, but the steps I gave should work.

You need to look at my post describing the procedure again because you have not followed the first steps correctly:

You have not done this because there is no MODS folder and no JGSME.exe or JGSME.ini in your main GtC game folder.

Uff, it's difficult.
I have done all that you stated but it didn't work.
Then I installed the GoG version to see if I could make it work; you don't see the MODS folder since you asked me to show you the directory after the installation of the program, which I did; the installation of the GoG version resulted in messing up the game as the icons now are slightly smaller than they were when I was using the Steam's version and now I can't go back to Steam as there's something messed up in the windowed/full-screen mode since the game cycles through windows closing and opening but it always comes back to the initial screen without actually starting.
As it is, the mod is not working, the steps you told me for the Steam's version of the game seem not to work and, unfortunately for me, we're running in circles.
I'll try to fix it by myself when I'll find the time for doing so.
Thanks and regards.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: