Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:49 pm Post subject: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Yep, I am at it again...another mod for GTC.  I have been in "isolation" for the past three weeks and it gave me an opportunity to work this new mod.  First, my apologies to DAK_Legion who asked me to do a Coalition vs ISIS/ISIL game.  DAK_Legion, I went in a different direction.  The direction I took was Red Storm Rising...NATO vs the Russian Federation.  Maybe call it WW III?  Not sure on a name right now.  This is what I have done:

I took the best of PITF and GTC and combined them (Thanks DAK_Legion for showing me how).  Mostly this is on the maps side (36 vs 29 maps) and some graphics.  I developed 24 NATO/NATO aligned battlegroups and 19 Russian battlegroups.

NATO Tactical HQ         NATO Response Force         21e RIMa (French)      Spanish Legion (a nod to DAK_Legion)      Italian Marines
German Pz Brigade        Belgium Cavalry                 Dutch Mechanized       UK Armored                                            UK Paratroopers
Canadian Mechanized    IRA Infantry                       3 American Paratroopers (502, 501, 503)         Berlin Bridage (Reactivated)
2 BCT/1st Infantry         Ranger BN                         26th MEU                    US Navy CB/SEALs (+ NATO Maritime Command)
4th Calvary Sqd (Stryker)   3rd Armored Brigade of Royal Australian Army    Polish 25th Airborne

A mix of Motorized, Mechanized and Armored units for the Russian Federation.

I have grouped the teams so that they speak a common language (German, Belgium and Dutch speak German/English; Spain, France and Italy speak French; Commonwealth teams speak English with an English accent; US teams speak English with an American accent).  I made the Names' text to reflect this as well.

I have a slew of new vehicles and teams.

What is not finished:
Strategic Map
Map names (have about 1/3 of the 36 maps named).
Map placement

Known bugs: none at the moment.

Finished time: within the month.

Below is the BG screen of the teams.

Will keep you all posted.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:21 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Maybe call FIRESTORM ON DOMBASS or ROAD TO CRIMEA??

i want to play this mod comrade;)

Thanks for the update!!

heia Safari!!

sod98

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Sounds very good and will look forward to it's release - Cheers.

Dfox

Rep: 101.8
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Maybe call FIRESTORM ON DOMBASS

DAK_Legion, not DOMBASS, but DUMBASS...

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:25 am Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

No no DONBASS...or PRO EVOLUTION 2000

heia Safari!!

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:52 am Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

I think southern_land is working on vaguely similar scenario. CHeck him out. And hassle him to make maps for you Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:06 am Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Hey. This is what i was talking about.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10285

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10316

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10324 This is what made me post.

As i said, vaguely similar. And its for TLD. Some Vietnam maps would be amazing!

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10327

Great quality eh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:27 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Main Screen. Thanks Dak_Legion for the title!

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Wow!!!

THANKS!!

Now a new stratmap;)

heia Safari!!

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:47 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Wow!!!

THANKS!!

Now a new stratmap;)

heia Safari!!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:53 am Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Ukrainian T-64BM Tank

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:27 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

German Leopard 2A5

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:09 pm Post subject: Road to Crimea (A Gateway to Caen Mod) Update Reply with quote

I do not know if anyone is anxiously awaiting the arrival of this mod, but I thought I'd give you an update.

Scenario: Russian President V. Putin has decided he wants all of the Ukraine, despite sanctions and warnings issued from NATO.  He moves in with his troops.  NATO responds with units from United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, France, Poland, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Canada, and the United States.

Where the mod stands:
Maps are done (taken from PITF and GTC).
Data base is done with the exception of FP and BG

Graphics (tanks, guns, scrn, game, pix) are 98% complete
Vox are done

The one thing I am working on now is that I found some unit info on battle groups that participated in the Donbass Revolution earlier this year, both Russian and Ukrainian.  I am adding those units in.

Give me another 1-2 weeks and I should be posting shortly.

DAK_Legion has played the beta version of the game and has provided me with a program to build an extractor for the game so that it is easier to place in your GTC folder.

Below are a few new graphics I have made for the game (based on existing graphics, of course) and the countries involved.

Any suggestions are always welcome. Questions will be answered as soon as possible.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:12 am Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Thanks Bel8910 for the update!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:49 am Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Scenario Editor Screen showing the battle groups.

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:28 am Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

This looks like the Strat map for PITF vanilla. I guess it's compatible with PITF?

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Bel8910

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:02 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Rodmorg..it is from PITF...DAK_Legion showed me how you can make PITF compatible with GTC....I am not very skilled at making STRATMAPs so I tend to use what I have at hand.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Looking really good Bel!

Patiently waiting:)

arvigna

Rep: 39.5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Smile
super !!

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: NEW MOD ANNOUCEMENT Reply with quote

Ah OK, where and when is this mod set? If you need a mod name suggestion, I'll come up with one.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: