Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
SteveC

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:15 am Post subject: Unable to play CC5 with other PCs on my LAN Reply with quote

Hi,

I have 3 pcs connected to my LAN (Win 7 and Norton) and used to be able to play with friends using CC5. For some reason this no longer works.

I use INTERNET TCP as the connection method in CC5.

CC5 assigns the same IP address to both pcs and the IP address CC5 uses is different from that which I get when I check the IP's using IPconfig. The LAN automatically assigns IP addresses.

When I ping the LAN assigned IPconfig addresses I get no response, but I can ping the pcs by name. I can ping the IP address assigned by CC5 from another PC but cannot see any games available when I search for games.

What is the solution needed so I can play against another pc on my LAN?

Regards

jockthesock

Rep: 48.4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:53 pm Post subject: Re: Unable to play CC5 with other PCs on my LAN Reply with quote

In my hub I have to enter the ports that CC uses in the Port Forwarding page. I have a Virgin Media hub.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:10 pm Post subject: Re: Unable to play CC5 with other PCs on my LAN Reply with quote

SteveC wrote (View Post):
Hi,

I have 3 pcs connected to my LAN (Win 7 and Norton) and used to be able to play with friends using CC5. For some reason this no longer works.

I use INTERNET TCP as the connection method in CC5.

CC5 assigns the same IP address to both pcs and the IP address CC5 uses is different from that which I get when I check the IP's using IPconfig. The LAN automatically assigns IP addresses.

When I ping the LAN assigned IPconfig addresses I get no response, but I can ping the pcs by name. I can ping the IP address assigned by CC5 from another PC but cannot see any games available when I search for games.

What is the solution needed so I can play against another pc on my LAN?

Regards

You should be able to connect without problems unless you specifically blocked ports on your internal network or software firewalls. In my experience with Windows7, no configuration was neccasery for playing on a LAN. If you cannot ping your LAN IPs then there may be a problem with firewalls.

CC5 will show you your internet IP in the multiplayer screen, normal. it sometimes shows your LAN IP (192.168.x.xx) only, or both LAN and internet IPs. All of this is normal. I am pretty sure the IP display function is bugged, or just not compatible with Windows anymore.

When you click search for games if you do not enter any IP, CC5 searches the LAN first. You should enter the LAN IP of the computer you want to connect to here, which will be 192.168.x.x.

SteveC

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:25 am Post subject: Re: Unable to play CC5 with other PCs on my LAN Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I have a friend who is a network engineer and he could only resolve the problem by removing the internet cable and just using the hub as a connection between the PCs which works just fine.

Regards

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: