Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1247
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Tamikastorm

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:58 am Post subject: Game crashes at end for no reason, why Reply with quote

Hi team
You have prob been asked this before, but after playing the game since the original first appeared I have always had troubles with "crashes" at end of games. As eg, no in BoB the maps AutoS and Strausberg are very sus to crash at end of battle when both players truce 2 min prior to end of 30 min bats. Very upsetting.

Have noticed the it might have something to do with flamethrowers and their getting killed. Might also be a graphic prob related to ART on buildings such as the Mech Rail Works along the east of AutoS.

I have patch
I play via Game Ranger, but that makes no dif to crashes.
I get joiner to try and always hit next first, or truce etc.

Okinawa is also very subject to crashes, again may FT teams.

Any ideas about stopping this crash or does everyone cop it.

thanks
Daz

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:23 am Post subject: Re: Game crashes at end for no reason, why Reply with quote

I assume you are talking about CC5?

Unfortunately Atomic went out of business and we were lucky to get the v5.01 patch as they hadn't finished testing (or so the story goes) but it did not address all the problems.

The Matrix releases are based on the same code and well they have found some of the problems in CC5 they are not all gone. Thus some of things you are seeing can still happen even in the latest releases (though, a little less in my opinion).

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: Game crashes at end for no reason, why Reply with quote

Unbelievable. Just Unbelievable.

Okinawa is buggy as hell.  I share your pain. The amount of perfectly good evenings i have had, that were destroyed with this bug.
It can test a gaming relationship to the max, even if  the players are hugely dedicated.
You will just need to try and figure out what triggers it.  e.g airstrikes,truce agreements,  

Only play 15 min games, (i prefer 30 i know Crying or Very sad )

repaint, another words agree what happened in the battle then try to recreate the battle quickly, so its fair and over and done with.
Still its completely ridiculous and very disheartening.
Had to abandon a epic El Alamein game. Real shame. Some times we had weeks of non stop smooth game play... Confused

We kind of had a system of dealing with bugs. Then one day it was to much..

Try reinstall mod, game. Your not going to get much answers here. Usually when playing h2h we just tried different shit, and hope that some of it will stick. Trying to get the game to work can be like running through a mine field and hoping you'll make it.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tamikastorm

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:57 am Post subject: Re: Game crashes at end for no reason, why Reply with quote

yer thanks guys, thought that would be it. We always pre-plan the way we call truces etc, some maps definitely do this crash more, and yes it is CC5. Smooth game play can suddenly turn into crash after crash at same sector. Up to t30 with H2H play of Battle of Berlin and Germans have held Russians out of Berlin until now. The Autobahn E and Strausberg (Wirbig as well) sectors were more than others a nasty end to a great defense by German forces on more than one occasion (hate JS2s).

Heard that "Joining" should always hit end first. I also run a pre-game, just a test of the same campaign but not the one I am playing first, and this seems to help a lot. FTs, barrages, they have a purpose to the crash I'm sure. I always ask only 1 support Air/Barrage per player per battle as again heard 2 used in same battle might cause crash.

Guess its just down to luck, and yes, it "does" test the most dedicated. Yet I always "try" again :)

Cheers
Daz

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:14 pm Post subject: Re: Game crashes at end for no reason, why Reply with quote

If I saved one cent, every time CC crashed...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: