Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:24 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

DAK_Legion,

Any news?

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:31 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

No Stwa!!
Work on it friday and saturday and upload for the first bloods;)

heia Safari!!

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:13 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
No Stwa!!
Work on it friday and saturday and upload for the first bloods;)

Pensé que querías los mapas codificados por CCMT.

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:05 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Yes Stwa;)
Newly thanks for upload the maps..tomorrow i will create the battles and upload the mod finished

heia Safari!!

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:21 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Thanks, good news!

Hang on to those maps, because I am going to be removing CC2 and CC3 maps from my collection. I have been reducing and simplifying all my mod stuff, from BoA, CCMT, Rome Total War, and Strike Fighters. It has been a decade or more of modding. It has been fun, but me thinks I am done.

For CC, I am basically West Front, which means CC4, CC5, and a few BO maps.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:10 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

This gets converted to CCMT and no other platform with an installer and some users here may not take kindly to that gents  Laughing  Fine by me, since finally bought CCMT little over a week ago.

CCMT probably is the fewest owned game of all the post CC5, though am curious to see what a good 'ol WW2 skirmish will play like on it as have not played much of anything with it since purchase.

Thanks to you both for the effort involved in this.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:25 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
This gets converted to CCMT and no other platform with an installer and some users here may not take kindly to that gents  Laughing  Fine by me, since finally bought CCMT little over a week ago.

CCMT probably is the fewest owned game of all the post CC5, though am curious to see what a good 'ol WW2 skirmish will play like on it as have not played much of anything with it since purchase.

Thanks to you both for the effort involved in this.

Right. But the good news is since there are no players, we don't need to upload mods and stuff. But I am sure DAK_Legion will give you a link.

And I stopped moding it many years ago. Just add maps once in a while. And now days, I am pitching maps.

BTW, you can download CC2 Redux and CC5 on CCMT from the Matrix site. You can get the big maps too like Badlands and Talos IV and do some tanking. Its fun for a while.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW, you can download CC2 Redux and CC5 on CCMT from the Matrix site. You can get the big maps too like Badlands and Talos IV and do some tanking. Its fun for a while.

Thanks for the tip STWA. Went and grabbed them, size-wise some of those seem to be massive. Guess will have to create some kind of scenario for those. I was kind of shocked the 2 scenarios (built in with game) that the AI seemed to act all right, or maybe am not used to seeing high speed vehicles racing to the front? Took me by surprise in one of them.

I noticed a Korea, couple of different 'Nam possibilities.

Quote:
Right. But the good news is since there are no players, we don't need to upload mods and stuff. But I am sure DAK_Legion will give you a link.

Please keep me in mind guys when it's done  Smile

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

I had a thread going for a while with the beeg Maps. But me thinks, I have deleted the screen shots already. I have been doing that at several gameing sites. At Ageod, me thinks I had almost 10 years of screenshots accumulated, that were buried in threads no one was reading at all anymore.

But you can experiment with the type coding for OPFOR tanks to make them behave better. Try coding them as medium tank, or even mortar half-track. They should form up and fire away at you when you come into range. Ranges can be up to 2 km, I think. It is a single player game on a 4x1 km map, and it takes about 10 minutes tops!!

And also, it is DAK_Legions mod. I just helped him code a few maps for CCMT.

CCMT might take a little getting used to. On the whole, if your team goes vis, chances are it will get wasted. Or you will have one guy shot in a 4 man team, every time you want to move 30 meters.

Your teams have to go through windows and doors. So if you think they might have trouble with that because of their equipment, don't do it if the enemy is nearby. BTW, use a small soldiers mod.

Plus, its girlie soldiers, so only do the banzai thing when you are sure you will overwhelm the defenders. Clearing a house is a real pain. Use helicopters for that. There has been many a time when I would lay support fire into a house,  send in an assault team, and have everyone wasted by the single defender.

That is why there are very few players. CC players like to constantly shoot off their weapons, banzai charge their enemies, and crush the AI.

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Work slowly!!
Your maps are "cut" and i want original size for the maps.
Now coded the maps to CCMT.
Stalingrad for CCMT??.It'svery fast to make Stwa;)

heia Safari!!

johnsilver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Quote:

As in PJ's? Hmmmm...   :wink:

Edit:

Quote:
BTW, use a small soldiers mod.

Thanks for that little tip there STWA.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:21 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Work slowly!!
Your maps are "cut" and i want original size for the maps.
Now coded the maps to CCMT.

Well, feel free to pitch the cut maps. As a general rule, I only do modified stock maps. And ones with significant modifications.

And fyi, I did work slowly.  Laughing

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:07 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
As in PJ's? Hmmmm...

The more WW2 you do on CCMT, the more you might like CCMT, provided the maps sizes are constrained.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:31 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Stalingrad for CCMT??.It's very fast to make Stwa;)

Most mods go fairly fast in CCMT. Good luck with the project.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I sent CC3 maps to the waste-basket, then cleared it. I thought I would use them, but I don't really.

I even ditched the old CC2 maps I up-scaled. Kanov told me at the time they were too green, and in the end me thinks Kanov was correct. I ditched custom CC3 maps too. It is just an association thing. When you see a CC3 map, even a custom map, your brain registers East Front no matter what. I like West Front. Idea

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:12 am Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Why not finished "unfinished" WESTERN FRONT MOD??

No error and bugs type CC5inCCMT

heia Safari!!

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:42 pm Post subject: Re: GTC modding limits, a lot, probably the worse CC for mod Reply with quote

Hi Dak_Legion,

I have got all the stuff I need for CCMT, including WW2 stuff. But that is OK, carry on, and have fun.

I am gonna do some astronomy. Jupiter just recently passed opposition for this cycle.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jump to: