Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:53 am Post subject: Re: Miss the Good old days on the MSN Gaming zone 1995 Reply with quote

SS_PanzerLeader wrote (View Post):
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
LSA allows single battles to be created with set points per BG.

Hmmn not sure if this is the same. In CC2 BTF we were able to buy individual units. It was sooo much fun. Trying to out think you opponent at the buy screen was one of the things that made CC2 the best of the series for most I knew. Can this be done with a mod? How extensive are the mod tools for the series by matrix? I am tempted to pick up another copy of CC2 at least for LAN play.

It is very close. The difference is you can only buy units; squads, vehicles, etc. that were part of the specific battle groups involved in the battle.

SS_PanzerLeader

Rep: 1.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:10 am Post subject: Re: Miss the Good old days on the MSN Gaming zone 1995 Reply with quote

leadtag101 wrote (View Post):
I started of Playing AOE until I found CC2. Went by KingMarcus to start with and then changed the name in the zone for CC2 a lot of folks still called me by King or Marcus that and SSPL.  I played this game until the cd was nearly unusable ;P There was such a large community may have played you at some point and just not remembering. Only ones I remember were the ones I spoke to most often or battled for the top of the ladder ;P  Hunter used to work for Costco if I remember right. Yobobo was in Canada. For the life of me I can't remember all the names of the ppl I talked to most. There were some really great people playing that game. Miss the zone tremendously nothing has ever compared for me.
WoW you really new these guys well, I was too busy getting a Mud hole stomped in me by these guys to find out what their occupations were. LOL. I discovered CC2 before I had a chance to try AOE,the rest was history. It was a serious addiction, I was never home sick from work so much in my life.Smile Do you remember the personalized rooms you could label, then wait for someone to come in them from out of the forum area on the lower part of screen?Cant remember if that was more towards CC3 time or before.Yep Very cool times. The super sniper on CC2 was some of the funniest shit I ever saw! Guy was loaded up on PCP I swear, he would take out alot of people, hand to hand as well if I remember correctly.

Yeah the zone was set up great. You could sit in the lobby and see who was hanging out waiting for games. We would be shooting the shit between them. Several of the guys I talked to extensively. Yobobo and I talked via phone sometimes he was a cool dude as most of the CC2 players were. I was really addicted it was rough as I was a single parent and going to school Razz

SS_PanzerLeader

Rep: 1.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:57 pm Post subject: Re: Miss the Good old days on the MSN Gaming zone 1995 Reply with quote

LSA allows single battles to be created with set points per BG.

Hmmn not sure if this is the same. In CC2 BTF we were able to buy individual units. It was sooo much fun. Trying to out think you opponent at the buy screen was one of the things that made CC2 the best of the series for most I knew. Can this be done with a mod? How extensive are the mod tools for the series by matrix? I am tempted to pick up another copy of CC2 at least for LAN play.

It is very close. The difference is you can only buy units; squads, vehicles, etc. that were part of the specific battle groups involved in the battle.

That may not be so bad. Really miss the freedom of buying anything it really made things so chess like having to think a head and try and figure what you opponent may by and try and do.

Do you know if the mod tools would support a mod that would emulate that for any of the games?

Thanks for the info!

Update: My son pointed out that LSA was the one I bought from Matrix. Unfortunately we found the buy in too limiting.  There was always game balance when it was an open point buy if you knew what you were doing ;P   If this can be modded or added to CC 3D that would be awesome.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: