Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:37 pm Post subject: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

Hey, just wanted to know this because the mods look quite interesting.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:06 am Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

WAR mods that work on WAR with the last patch should work on TLD with the last patch....

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:56 am Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

A full blown Mod that has all the maps needed included
Yes.

Something Like TT'sVETBoB or Stock Mod.
No
Because the above two Mods mentioned dont have the maps included in the files.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:07 am Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

Good point platoon_michael!

A full blown mod replaces all the files but the exe thus it does not depend/use WAR files like partial mods do.

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:46 pm Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

So I can install the Ardennes offensive mod without any problems?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:20 pm Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

You will have to ask the creator of that Mod.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

This is a VERY confusing time for Mods rehashed for TLD and WAR.

While there is the ability to play one Mod created for TLD on WAR.
One needs to know if the entire files are included for said Mod
And that Mod had to be done Properly in order to work.
There's quite a few of them that WILL work..
Which ones?   I do not remember....sorry

As I stated TT's VETBoB or Stock Mod for WAR will NOT work on tld unless you have all the maps from WAR and know how to properly install those files.

Meuse,Bloody Omaha or what ever Mods that have been converted will work assuming you have the correct UPDATED VERSION OF SAID MOD BASED ON THE PATCHES MATRIX RELEASED.

Basically its been a Cluster Fuck........

Mods were converted.
Patches from Matrix were made after said conversion.
Mods were or were not updated to work with said patch.

Then there's the issue with how one created said Mod to be installed.
Matrix created a /D switch to make easier game issues a Mod might have if not created properly but it doesn't allow one to play online through a second party like GameRanger.
All Mods other than the ones Ive created use the /D switch.

ModSwap was created back with COI and is basically an updated version of the CFG Manager which installls/uninstalls Mods over top the original files but is not used by the community.

ModSwap is no Longer supported by Matrix who created said program.

The Current situation for Mods for WAR/TLD and LSA is an Absolute Cluster Fuck....Plain and Simple.

As far as I know I'm the ONLY ONE who created a MOD that allows people to choose between the /D switch or use ModSwap.
I havent been able to play Either Mod online through GameRanger because NO ONE can understand How to download/What to download/How to/where to install.

Ive spent HOURS trying to guide them.
Its like trying to get people to install Meuse when Meuse was first released.
(For those of you who remember that)

Now add to the fact that nobody on GameRanger understands the difference between the two (Unless you can MOD)

Its as if you went back in time to CCV when the CFG.Manager was first created....
How do I use it.
What do I download.
How do I install it.
It isnt working.

Hours spent teaching......Rather than playing.

And MATRIX or THE CC Community has no Interest in correcting this.

And then you have ASSHOLES! like Firefox (And now Drittz who converted SOC)who creates the very Mod you want to download but wont let anyone else host it.
Or just down right wont upload it.In the case of Dritzz)

If you want to download and play a Mod YOU need to go ask said person in said thread who either created it or uploaded it to know if it will work for you....

You CAN NOT ask the Community for help because as I pointed out the situation is Fucked UP!

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 am Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

SOC? SDK.

Dritzz? Drizzt. Drizzt do'urden. Remember, Menzoberranzan is very populated.

Worst difference between WAR exe and TLD exe are commanders photos shape: even with the last patches, this difference remain and they are not compatible about this aspect.

Drizzt

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

OK Michael, I didn't know that, that's why I asked in the first place. And, I must thank Drizzt for converting SDK from CC5 to TLD because it is a great mod.

I think I have my answer now.

Rodmorg

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:34 pm Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

Rodmorg,
Michael it's just an incendiary (like a two years old child) when he speaks about me, or about my intentions. I can't release SDK as I have explained in many posts (PJ, the owner of this mod, it was against persons that modding his mods). I would, but I can't.
Instead, very soon you will be able to play with stalingrad mod (converted by me for TLD/WAR).

Drizzt

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:23 pm Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

I guess it goes for Firefox as well.

Well, that's good news to hear. Just going back to play vanilla TLD. Haven't played CC in about 8 months, so it feels like a new game to me. Is WAR worth buying?

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:11 pm Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

Do you remember old CC4 behavior about panthers vs bazooka teams (but also guns)? What I have found disappointing is that in WAR almost all the times I have destroyed a panther with one bazooka shot, also at medium-long range (and with guns, also light, it's the same). Allied campaign has become boring very soon. I can't say if it was realistic CC4 or WAR about this behavior (probably something in the middle between them), anyway it's something that a CC4 player notes immediately.
German campaign it's ok.
Good maps to play.
It has the same new features of TLD (with the last patch).

Drizzt

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:58 am Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

I'm not a child.
I'm just a very unhappy individual who drinks too much and then posts when hes drunk.

Rodmorg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:44 pm Post subject: Re: Are WAR mods compatible with TLD? Reply with quote

Well, I guess WAR is not worth buying then. I played the CC4 mod for TLD and I noticed that it's easy to destroy a panther. Pretty unrealistic in my opinion.

And Michael, don't try to be drunk while on CCS Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: