Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:29 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

Apart from the civil war, the US had never had a war on their own soil, while Europe has been torn with it through their history. That's the difference in mind set: experience in your own backyard.

sod98

Rep: 11.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:16 am Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

Polish partizans were (mostly) members of Armia Krajowa, military structure representing polish goverment on exile- they were rebels against nazis not soviets, but of course for Stalin they pose significant threat for his commies plans. They were trying to re-establish pre war polish goverment but that  didn't happen. Ever. Period of nearly 50 years of USSR occupation began.[/quote]

Do you really think for a minute that liberating Soviet Forces ( Polish inclusive ) would for a minute allow a Govt in exile to take over. Also going by what you are saying about Occupation of Poland then I guess Germany is still under Occupation to this day by US forces. Who also did kill opposition members in partisans groups post WW2 - RAF and the like. Not everyone sees the Soviets liberators but some do of Germans sadly to their mistake. The lessons of old still need to be learned by another generation I guess.

Also not all SS were mass murders either. But 1 in 5 Poles dead during WW2 says it all.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:11 am Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

What did the Nazis get out of invading Poland anyway?? There is nothing there. A strategic location maybe? were any ww2 factories setup there for parts or was it just another "lebensraum" such as France.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

kweniston

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:37 am Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
What did the Nazis get out of invading Poland anyway?? There is nothing there. A strategic location maybe? were any ww2 factories setup there for parts or was it just another "lebensraum" such as France.

I’ve read some new information recently (must look up the link again), in which it was suggested the British performed a false flag operation on Poland, suggesting to the Germans that the Polish were ready to attack Germany. In this way, they prevented an immient attack by the Germans on the UK, and bought time. There are more interesting stories coming loose from the archives. Such as the way the Bank of England helped sell the stolen Czechoslovak gold for nazi Germany.

The more I know about history, the more I realize it is being rewritten all the time, and in real-time. This fact should make everyone cautious about news and especially when it considers geopolitics. All is fair in love and war, including non-stop propaganda.

This is what my country has come to now: http://rt.com/news/269314-anti-russian-propaganda-netherlands/.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

kweniston wrote (View Post):

This is what my country has come to now: http://rt.com/news/269314-anti-russian-propaganda-netherlands/.  

OMG. A pupil's textbook displaying a newspaper cartoon. Only in your country. Thank God we are not in the same country.
Funny though that although you have been accusing free media of propaganda against Russia, you are referring to the Russia Today website which is a Russian state funded propaganda medium. Perhaps you googled for Ancilla Tilia , who is quoted in the article?

Let's not distract further from the thread topic.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

sod98

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:41 am Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

[quote="Pete";p="81158"]
kweniston wrote (View Post):

OMG. A pupil's textbook displaying a newspaper cartoon. Only in your country. Thank God we are not in the same country.
Funny though that although you have been accusing free media of propaganda against Russia, you are referring to the Russia Today website which is a Russian state funded propaganda medium. Perhaps you googled for Ancilla Tilia , who is quoted in the article?

Hey, if it's true I guess it doesn't matter what media printed it - RT, CNN etc. However lets just keep in mind that European and US medias are little different themselves. Example - 90pc of all US media is owned by 6 Multinat Corps that in turn receive the majority of all US Military and Reconstruction contracts. They have a vested interest in tainted truths. ie how US and European media failed to print the truth over the illegal invasion of Iraq - WMDs and Al Qeada in Iraq prior to the invasion. Even though the truth was know to them as many experts voiced the truth well in advance.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:02 am Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

Truth is relative. Truth is colourized by our daily experiences, our heritage, our society, our upbringing and all other things that we are exposed to. To claim that particular media represent a tainted truth is stating the obvious. This is different from being propagandistic. It is the very nature of many media, including news media, of being opinion-forming. It is up to the news consumers to choose exposure to a news medium that meets their personal preferences.
As for cartoons in schoolbooks: in my country they are intended to engage in subjective discussions about world events. They are not generally used to present off the shelve opinions, which is what the RT article seems to suggest.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

sod98

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:51 am Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

As for cartoons in schoolbooks: in my country they are intended to engage in subjective discussions about world events. They are not generally used to present off the shelve opinions, which is what the RT article seems to suggest.[/quote]

So they aren't intended to tell the truth. Let alone explain the truth to a new generation. I guess that's kweniston was suggesting in his post about Dutch media and you are confirming that. End of the day every good news item is someones opinion backed up with facts and good investigative journalism not scaremongering little kids with propaganda WW2 Nazi Germany style. Sadly ignoring whether it's Dutch, Russian or American propaganda littles very much. Currently the West has embarked upon a campaign of disinformation aimed at countries with differing views, cultures and economies to theirs. Iraq - WMD's, Syria - Sarin gas, Venezuela, Russia, China, Iran and many others.

I just say look at countries foreign policies to see who the real aggressors are - 75 countries attacked in individual conflicts by US and many of those by GB and NATO and or UN countries. Don't get me wrong some are warranted but most aren't.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

Quote:
I just say look at countries foreign policies to see who the real aggressors are

That include Terrorists, like Hamas and Hezbollah that never get condemned for raining down rockets on Israel, or take hostages? How many times have they attacked, each ***month*** with a barrage of rockets.

kweniston

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:32 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

sod98 wrote (View Post):
As for cartoons in schoolbooks: in my country they are intended to engage in subjective discussions about world events. They are not generally used to present off the shelve opinions, which is what the RT article seems to suggest.

Quote:

So they aren't intended to tell the truth. Let alone explain the truth to a new generation. I guess that's kweniston was suggesting in his post about Dutch media and you are confirming that. End of the day every good news item is someones opinion backed up with facts and good investigative journalism not scaremongering little kids with propaganda WW2 Nazi Germany style. Sadly ignoring whether it's Dutch, Russian or American propaganda littles very much. Currently the West has embarked upon a campaign of disinformation aimed at countries with differing views, cultures and economies to theirs. Iraq - WMD's, Syria - Sarin gas, Venezuela, Russia, China, Iran and many others.

I just say look at countries foreign policies to see who the real aggressors are - 75 countries attacked in individual conflicts by US and many of those by GB and NATO and or UN countries. Don't get me wrong some are warranted but most aren't.

I completely agree, sadly. I've come to realize in the last few years that NATO is a war organization, not a peace keeping one. It needs war and global tension and will push it in the interest of western powers and corporations. I only represent a minority opinion in Holland, but having traveled and talked to people all over Europe, incl. Russia, the balkans, Poland, etc, you are presented with views and opinions which we never hear about in our media. It really sets you thinking about stuff I took for granted for 30 years. Reading a lot of history, and news and sources from different channels, gets you a much more nuanced opinion. Sadly, on this topic, we've come so far that saying one pro-Russia comment gets you thrown in the "Putinist/commie" camp, which is exactly the intention of the media propaganda. Very dangerous situation indeed.

(FYI, just read the story of ex-newspaper editor Rudi Ulfkötte, who now confesses printing completely bogus stories for secret services (incl. stories on Russia, Libya, etc). That's why Twitter is my main news source now, not the mainstream media. Once you know more about a topic, you'll get disgusted by the 'news'.)

Siwy89

Rep: 13.1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

"Do you really think for a minute that liberating Soviet Forces ( Polish inclusive ) would for a minute allow a Govt in exile to take over. Also going by what you are saying about Occupation of Poland then I guess Germany is still under Occupation to this day by US forces."

Soviets didn't even think for a second about returning sovereignty to "liberated" nations that's why I'm writing that their so called liberation was a mirage. Poland as member of Warsaw Pact didn't had possibility to make they're own foreign policy, all members- e.g. Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania etc. were client states/satelites of USSR. I don't understand part of Germany's being occupied by US, until 1990 West Germany was heavily under influence of US but now?

Just like today, these former Warsaw Pact countries are members of EU and NATO but not on the same ground as western countries- expansion of NATO and EU to the east was supposed to bring richier, western countries outlet for their products. Hard truth is that countries with weaker economy will always be influenced by countries with strong economy.

"What did the Nazis get out of invading Poland anyway?? There is nothing there. A strategic location maybe? were any ww2 factories setup there for parts or was it just another "lebensraum" such as France."

Hitler wanted to connect western and eastern Prussia, also make Danzig a city within III Reich's borders. Similar requests as for Czechoslovakia in 1938, but Poland refused. Polish army was significantly weaker than German's, not to say about Ribbentrop-Molotov pact (september 1st Germans attack on the west and september 17th Soviets attack on the East).

As for propaganda, some wise man said that you don't have to believe in propaganda to make it work. It will be sufficient if you begin to just doubt and wonder about propaganda's topic. There is brainwashing in the west and in Russia. Some said that NATO should be dispanded after the fall of the Soviet Union, but instead they were pushing to the east until they meet Russian citizens within borders of former soviet republics. It worked in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania but not in Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia.

sod98

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:52 am Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

Soviets didn't even think for a second about returning sovereignty to "liberated" nations that's why I'm writing that their so called liberation was a mirage. Poland as member of Warsaw Pact didn't had possibility to make they're own foreign policy, all members- e.g. Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania etc. were client states/satelites of USSR. I don't understand part of Germany's being occupied by US, until 1990 West Germany was heavily under influence of US but now?

Just like today, these former Warsaw Pact countries are members of EU and NATO but not on the same ground as western countries- expansion of NATO and EU to the east was supposed to bring richier, western countries outlet for their products. Hard truth is that countries with weaker economy will always be influenced by countries with strong economy.

"What did the Nazis get out of invading Poland anyway?? There is nothing there. A strategic location maybe? were any ww2 factories setup there for parts or was it just another "lebensraum" such as France."

Hitler wanted to connect western and eastern Prussia, also make Danzig a city within III Reich's borders. Similar requests as for Czechoslovakia in 1938, but Poland refused. Polish army was significantly weaker than German's, not to say about Ribbentrop-Molotov pact (september 1st Germans attack on the west and september 17th Soviets attack on the East).

As for propaganda, some wise man said that you don't have to believe in propaganda to make it work. It will be sufficient if you begin to just doubt and wonder about propaganda's topic. There is brainwashing in the west and in Russia. Some said that NATO should be dispanded after the fall of the Soviet Union, but instead they were pushing to the east until they meet Russian citizens within borders of former soviet republics. It worked in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania but not in Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia.[/quote]

What did US, GB and France do differently. Most if not all Western liberated countries had Friendly Govts installed. In fact many like Greece had the Pro-Nazi govt from the war reinstalled - dictatorship. Even today USA still has Military bases in Europe and why ?

Funny enough former Warsaw Pact countries weren't permitted to join NATO under the agreements of Glasnost and Perestroika. The Brit's adhered to that but the US sadly manipulated it. Germany wanted Poland for expansion for Germanics, coal and other resources, Ports - Danzig and entry to Russia.

Siwy89

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:02 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

I understand your point, but apart from installing goverments US implemented in the West Marshall Plan, Americans were pumping money into western countries (of course mostly for US benefit, obviously). USSR were pumping Marks and Lenin's ideologies into eastern countries so there is the difference. I haven't got friendly altitude towards US politics, just staiting that situation was far worse in the East under Soviets and you can hardly argue about that.

I envy coutries like Switzerland, they manage to be neutral for soooo long. When there was last war in Swiss country?  Napoleonic era? Or maybe Spring of Nations period.

sod98

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:33 am Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

Siwy89 wrote (View Post):
I understand your point, but apart from installing goverments US implemented in the West Marshall Plan, Americans were pumping money into western countries (of course mostly for US benefit, obviously). USSR were pumping Marks and Lenin's ideologies into eastern countries so there is the difference. I haven't got friendly altitude towards US politics, just staiting that situation was far worse in the East under Soviets and you can hardly argue about that.

I envy coutries like Switzerland, they manage to be neutral for soooo long. When there was last war in Swiss country?  Napoleonic era? Or maybe Spring of Nations period.

USSR suffered and paid far more for it's victory than any other country. The monies promised by the US for reconstruction post WW2 never were paid and lead to the start of distrust of the West along with Operation Unthinkable, the Berlin Airlift lies and other discrediting Western attempts. Also keep in mind Western powers also were involved in conflicts post WW2 to keep populous down - Greece where Greek Communist fought to rid themselves of the Western backed WW2 Fascist Govt reinstalled by the West. Many other examples exist not just in Europe, but also in Asia, Africa etc. Western history on most occasions has forgotten these incidents but remembers other countries - propaganda.

Switzerland although they never took part in WW2 were the bankers for Nazi Germany and did also send train loads of escaping Jews back to occupied Europe and possible death. Sweden sold steel to Germany during the war. Not many countries were exempt.

Sadly former enemies - Germany and Japan received aid while countries like GB who also paid a high price were still paying off their debt in the 1980's - 1986 I think.

jockthesock

Rep: 48.4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:55 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

The Germans mainly killed non Germans, the Russians mainly killed Russians. The Russians didn't liberate Poland, they steam rollered over it on their way to Germany, after the Germans put down the Warsaw uprising.

sod98

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:55 am Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

jockthesock wrote (View Post):
The Germans mainly killed non Germans, the Russians mainly killed Russians. The Russians didn't liberate Poland, they steam rollered over it on their way to Germany, after the Germans put down the Warsaw uprising.

So the Poles had it better under Nazi Germany where 1 in 5 Poles died. That makes sense. Just because they replaced the Govt with a non western Govt doesn't mean Poland wasn't liberated. Yes the Warsaw Uprising was the Exiled Polish Govt's last attempt to regain power but failed. Once again another propaganda war started over the supposed refusal of Stalin to backup the Uprising. The truth is the Red Army had exhausted itself and overstretched itself beyond it's fuel and supply lines. A quick check of the dates and distance covered during that time establishes that and backed up by US Historian Stephen Ambrose.

Many countries liberated by the West had new Govt's put in place that differed from pre war and or the fascist Govt reinstated like Greece by Winston Churchill and GB Govt. Never less they were still liberated from Nazi Germany. Otherwise going by your theory most of Europe is still occupied by USA with all of it's US bases dotted around Europe. As for the generalisation that Russians killed mainly Russian's, that is a factless and baseless paranoid comment. Work off facts so you don't embarrass yourself further. Remembering it was the Soviets who ultimately defeated Nazi Germany and her European Allies while the rest fought against them on the 2nd Front tying up resources and numbers aiding the Soviets greatly. Many more Axis forces were killed by the Soviets - Germans, Austrians, Hungarians, Italians and many others.

Siwy89

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:28 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

I think you are both right about Warsaw Uprising. Russian army was stretched badly and  lack of supplies prevents them from taking major actions on Warsaw's front, but this is not the only reason that soviets didn't support rebels. For Stalin it was very convenient that insurgents were fighting with Germans- killing two birds with one stone. Stalin, for most time, forbade american supply planes to land on soviets airfields. Only when uprising was nearly over he allows that. Maybe Americans or Brits  could do the same, e.g when suddenly Paris was to be liberated by communists.

sod98

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

Siwy89 wrote (View Post):
I think you are both right about Warsaw Uprising. Russian army was stretched badly and  lack of supplies prevents them from taking major actions on Warsaw's front, but this is not the only reason that soviets didn't support rebels. For Stalin it was very convenient that insurgents were fighting with Germans- killing two birds with one stone. Stalin, for most time, forbade american supply planes to land on soviets airfields. Only when uprising was nearly over he allows that. Maybe Americans or Brits  could do the same, e.g when suddenly Paris was to be liberated by communists.

Totally agree. Stalin was never going to help an Exiled Polish Govt. Just like how no other country was allowed to have a say in Occupied Japan although they participated in their down fall. Every major player had their own interest at heart and rightly so for their loses. The refusal to allow airfields by Stalin was at best a belated affair by the West - too little too late if it had come off.

jockthesock

Rep: 48.4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:08 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

To compare the German occupation with the Russian is not the point. The point is that the Russian system imposed on the Poles could not be described as liberation. As for being embarrassed, I've read Stalin The Red Tsar twice, Leon Trotsky, Stalin and his Hangmen, Lenin, Khrushchev, Eduard Shevardnadze, and Afgantsy. So I am not ignorant of that part of the world. Most westerners would prefer living in post war Greece than post war Eastern Europe, of that I have little doubt.
When asked how the war was won, I have always stated, by Russian blood, American industry and British money.
The numbers of Russians who died under Stalin, factless and baseless paranoia, I don't think so.
Not a fan of Stephen Ambrose, a bit light weight.

sod98

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:35 pm Post subject: Re: Poles remove Russian WW2 monument Reply with quote

jockthesock wrote (View Post):
To compare the German occupation with the Russian is not the point. The point is that the Russian system imposed on the Poles could not be described as liberation. As for being embarrassed, I've read Stalin The Red Tsar twice, Leon Trotsky, Stalin and his Hangmen, Lenin, Khrushchev, Eduard Shevardnadze, and Afgantsy. So I am not ignorant of that part of the world. Most westerners would prefer living in post war Greece than post war Eastern Europe, of that I have little doubt.
When asked how the war was won, I have always stated, by Russian blood, American industry and British money.
The numbers of Russians who died under Stalin, factless and baseless paranoia, I don't think so.
Not a fan of Stephen Ambrose, a bit light weight.

Well you did say " The Russians didn't liberate Poland, they steam rollered over it on their way to Germany ". However I guess upon reflection and seeing that you were wrong, decided to change your mind that's fine but at the least admit that, don't fudge it. I am also pleased that you have done alot of reading of those biographies, tell me though. How many of the writers actually met their subjects - none. The writers published works dependent upon third hand information at best - well done. They are still historical but accuracy in western history concerning Eastern Europe during these times is very limited. Like your acknowledge as you have shown by saying Ambrose being a light weight. In his earlier days he was as rubbish as your greats you mention above works are - lacked investigative know how, facts and stats. However in later years this all changed and he looked at both sides of every coin. Seeing the good and bad of all countries in topic. Remembering he is American and that is some feat.

Russian industry and populous won WW2 - T34, Sturmoviks, IS tanks and the like. These were produced in greater numbers than Germany's and the tanks in particular blunted, then destroyed the German Armour. The Western Front was only the 2nd front so don't keep fooling yourself. A side show that tied up Axis resources at a great cost and help.

Your other statement " the Russians mainly killed Russians ". Is paranoia or just deliberately inaccurate on your behalf - paranoid. With the books you have read surely somewhere at some stage that generalization would have been debunked. please show me the Official stats otherwise and not some third rate Brit school teachers guesstimate again. Like Beevors for 100,000 German women raped in Berlin by Russian soldiers. No evidence exists to these numbers - complaints to German police or military, no hospital records etc. rapes happened but not that many. Check out Operation Unthinkable for confirmation as to what Western Allies were planning for their Soviet Allies weeks after WW2.  Thanks for the laughs though, your mindless rant just lacked facts, stats and the truth - again.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: