Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1257
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author

Morale/Timer preference for GJS 7.3 GC
15 min, Morale "on"
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
15 min, Morale "off"
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
20 min, Morale "on"
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
20 min, Morale "off
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
more than 20 min, Morale "on"
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
more than 20 min, Morale "off"
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:11 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

I am not sure I understand the problem regarding disbanded BGs not coming back.

Did you try adjusting these numbers in Campaign.txt? :

# BGs that start on a friendly depot map can only reform on maps linked to starting map by friendly depots
# Maximum distance from starting map a BG can look for a supply depot to reform on (-1 for unlimited)

BGs will respawn the next day even if they get disbanded while cut off from a supply line.
When I put in -1 for maximum distance the BG will reappear on the map it was disbanded the last day regardless of it being an enemy depot.

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:26 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Hi ScnelleMeyer,

They are exactly the strings that I have added the first time: they seem irrelevant in LSA, or, even if they work (of course I don't have tested them in all situations), they anyway "submit" to the supply route issue: no supply route open, no return of the Bgs.

Drizzt

P.S. I have tested directly "-1" value about second option: the "6" you have written it's not a "standard code" option, but it's the number that identify the distance (maps distance) between a (theoretical) big supply depot and the (theoretical) starting map position of the Bg.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:50 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Using the following values even BGs that are disbanded while cut off from supply will reappear (I tested this on operations) :

Morale was ON.

# Recycle Disbanded BGs (0 = Never come back, 1 = Return next day)

# BGs that start on a friendly depot map can only reform on maps linked to starting map by friendly depots
# Maximum distance from starting map a BG can look for a supply depot to reform on (-1 for unlimited)

I hope this helps.

0900.23.jpg
 Description:
Allied AB BG was disbanded at St.Odenrode while a German BG had cut off its supply at Son.
 Filesize:  146.52 KB
 Viewed:  8872 Time(s)

0900.23.jpg

Allied BG disbanded -no supply line.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  117.21 KB

Allied BG disbanded -no supply line.jpg

After St.Odenrode Battle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  108.3 KB

After St.Odenrode  Battle.jpg

Born again.jpg
 Description:
The Allied AB BG reappears at its Large supply depot - It still is fatigued and has less cohesion.
 Filesize:  145.11 KB

Born again.jpg

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:11 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

AB Battlegroups are in supply for a long time for special rules: if in the game they are in supply, they will return.

The value "6" or "7" or "8" or less (3 or 4 as use them) it's the maps distance (Bg starting position towards big supply depot): out of the distance from a depot, they will never return in that specific depot  (in TLD; I'm not LSA expert). it's very important option. An example: setting it properly in Der kessel mod, all disbanded Von Mastein Battlegroups they will reappear only in south stratmap supply depots.

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:28 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Anyway Scnellemeyer,

There is also the possibility that I have added the strings in a wrong way (campaign.txt in LSA it's a bit different than TLD). If you want to post your campaign.txt, I will test it.

Drizzt

crewman

Rep: 17.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:16 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Hi Scnellemeyer,
interesting what you did, and thanks for experimenting ... perhaps you could post your file and test with GJS, etc.

Thanks

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:43 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Well, I have realized only now that there was no reason to add the strings: in LSA they are simply in another position of the campaign.txt file. The settings in the mod are the following:

So nothing of new to say. First option is irrevelevant for what we are talking about (it's a "where they will reappear Bgs?" option specific for Bgs that start on friendly depot maps).
Second option is set at maximum level (-1, unlimited): if this option is not bugged in LSA, -1 (unlimited) it's better than 6.

Drizzt

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:42 pm Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

I did the same test but with a Cut-off Allied Armoured BG this time.  - I get the same result: The BG reforms on the supply depot the next morning 0600.
It had less cohesion and were still fatigued.

My campaign.txt attached.

Cut off from supply.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.77 KB
 Viewed:  8762 Time(s)

Cut off from supply.jpg

Respawning BG.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.1 KB
 Viewed:  8762 Time(s)

Respawning BG.jpg

Campaign.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Campaign.zip
 Filesize:  3.75 KB
 Downloaded:  340 Time(s)

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Your campaign.txt file has no other changes towards mine.
So, I have tested:

I have set 8 because my goal it's to show you that 6 value it's irrelevant. Result: you have reason, battlegroups return. So, considering that I have set 8 (not 6), my conclusion it's what I have already hypothesized: -1 value of this option in LSA is bugged.

Drizzt

P.S.
Of course, in all these tests,"(0 = Never come back, 1 = Return next day)" Bgs option it must be always set to 1.

EDIT: but in the mod they don't return.

Last edited by Drizzt on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

I agree on what with what you write about :

"# Maximum distance from starting map a BG can look for a supply depot to reform on (-1 for unlimited) "

The number 6 was in the original LSA campaign.txt so I left it as it was.
I did not really test it, but when I used -1 here, the disbanded BG would reform on its starting map - Even if there was not a friendlu supply depot there and it was enemy territory.

It is very good news that the disband/reform functions similar to TLD.

Starting FP strenght Vehicles and tanks: 25

After 1.disband: 15
After 2.disband: 14

Full strenght BG.jpg
 Description:
Starting BG strenght
 Filesize:  125.86 KB
 Viewed:  8730 Time(s)

Full strenght BG.jpg

After 1.st disband.jpg
 Description:
This BG has been disbanded and reformed 1 time.
 Filesize:  179.17 KB

After 1.st disband.jpg

Tank losses.jpg
 Description:
Strenght after its second disbandment and reforming
 Filesize:  198.07 KB

Tank losses.jpg

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

No, I change my previous result, because in the mod it works as I have always written: they don't return (6 as value, 8 as value: both tested).
Probably there is something new features about brigdes (son bridge in Scnellemayer tests?) in the orginal LSA that changes this behavior.

Drizzt

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:46 pm Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

I dont know why it doesnt work in GJS mod, but it could be something else in Campaign.txt as well - or the bridge maps as you say, but its easy to test it.
In original LSA it works...

These setting causes a disbanded BG to reform on its starting map regardless of supply depot present there or not:
IE it can reform on a map that is out of supply.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:56 pm Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer,

Try to test in GJS this op, it's one the some ops that I have created for tests:
EDIT: tests finished.

Armored allied Bg will not return after disband.
But, reworking the op, if you change the axis depot with an allied depot (in the map where the allied BG attacks), it will return after disband.

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:03 pm Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

OK, I will check it out tonight.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:08 pm Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Interesting interpretation of this option: for me, it means that the Bgs described in this options can't return in Big supply depot maps not linked with their original starting position big supply depot map. In another words, for me, they can return in all big supply depot maps linked with their starting big supply depot map indipendently by the fact that they are cut off or not, but they can't return in all other big supply depot maps not linked (nont linked = not map by map depots maps) with their starting big supply depot map.
If you have reason, it's another way to see this option: in that case the supply route it's a main issue here (and 0 it's a better choice than 1). I have tested with it always to 1.

Drizzt

P.S. In TLD cut off Bgs can return with this option set to 1: this is the why I have this idea about this option.

crewman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Wow, thanks ScnelleMeyer and Drizzt for all ur ideas and testing ... interesting stuff!
I posted a couple questions for Steve at Matrix forum, but no answer yet.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:10 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Drizzt:

With the following settings the Allied Armoured BG will reform on its starting map when disbanded in your test scenario.

# Recycle Disbanded BGs (0 = Never come back, 1 = Return next day)
- - - - - -

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:52 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Excellent ScnelleMeyer, thanks. Now we know that this is was the problem in LSA:

It must be 0 for the return of the battlegroups. Instead, I confirm (re-tested now) that in TLD cut off Bgs they return with this option set to 1.

Problem solved (and we must remember that TLD and LSA are not identical about this matter).

Drizzt

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:05 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Thanks, - Very good conclusion Drizzt.

crewman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:40 am Post subject: Re: GJS 7.3 Morale and Timer settings? Reply with quote

Wow, great work there ScnelleMeyer!
if I'm understanding correctly ... if # BGs that start on a friendly depot map can only reform on maps linked to starting map by friendly depots
is set at  0 ... then BG's will return after being disbanded, when  Recycle Disbanded BGs option is set at 1

Thanks too Drizzt!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: