Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
crewman

Rep: 17.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:23 am Post subject: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Groups Reply with quote

hi,
LSA has interesting options for moving and stacking Battle Groups (BG's) ... and for best gameplay results, it helps to think about how these options work and what ways you can use them.
It took a bit of time, and trial and error, to figure out some of this stuff, as well as help from opponent player Steiner.
I'll post some content that is relevant to LSA in general, but also information specific to LSA GJS 7.3
please feel free to add any comments or ideas of your own.

Important:
Allied and German BG's arriving to Strategic map need to have room to land. If a BG is arriving on a map with two BG's already occupying the map, they will not try to re-enter the Strategic map at a later turn ... and will be gone.
This is a LSA game bug, but it's something that can be managed by keeping track of when Battle Groups arrive ... and making sure there is enough room for them to land.

Here is a link to Battle Group info with details about when and where BG's arrive on the Strat map.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11214

Last edited by crewman on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:01 am; edited 6 times in total

crewman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:00 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

First topic is about how to use reserves when attacking BG has ground separating it from the Reserve BG that was already on map.

In the following description, note:
a. Allied ground at bottom right is where first Allied BG entered map and fought a battle previous to this one.
b. Allied ground at top right is showing deployment area of second BG entering map for second battle.
c. Top right BG was given command to Attack during the Strategic move turn, and therefore is the frontline BG ... and puts the first BG at bottom right in Reserve status.
d. Ground is separating BG's, and therefore BG's are restricted where units can be deployed.

Options for this situation:
I. Player can decide deploy all Active Roster units in top right deployment area.
In the case, select units into the Active Roster only from the frontline BG or with Reserve BG units, or keep the default units the game already selected. see first Active Roster image below.

II. player can deploy four reserve units in bottom right area, and remaining units in top deployment area.
In this case, click the right tab above the Force Pool (labelled "Borrow Teams Reserve BattleGroup").
Next remove the teams in those four Reserve slots. Then select units to fill the four slots ... as seen in the second Active Roster image.
And after this, click the left tab again and you will see the new units you selected have "From Reserves" text on their icons.
From this point, player can keep the default frontline units or change them with other frontline units from the Force Pool.

Also, notice when using Reserve units in this separated entry deployment situation ... that only Reserve units can be deployed in the Reserve deployed area at bottom right. If you try to put other units there ... the game won't allow it. Sometimes you have to try moving different units into the Reserve deployment area to figure out which units are available to use there.

two BG's separate entry using reserves.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.53 KB
 Viewed:  12520 Time(s)

1. default active roster.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  144.52 KB

1. default active roster.jpg

2. select reserve uits.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.07 KB

2. select reserve uits.jpg

3. revised active roster with reserves.jpg.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.7 KB

3. revised active roster with reserves.jpg.jpg

crewman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:29 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

Notice in this image, that if during the first battle ... the Allied player (entering at bottom right) had captured ground further up the map ... then the incoming Attacking BG would join ground with the bottom area. The result would enable any Active Roster units to deploy anywhere on Allied ground.

This can be a good strategy for gaining more ground using two BG's ... either one BG after another during different battles, or both together at same time ... if map deployment entry locations are very close and deployment areas join together.
Note: there is more risk of a frontline BG being destroyed and disbanded without help from reserve units ... especially if deployments are far apart or if terrain in some way prevents forces from joining together.

Description:
 Filesize:  97.53 KB
 Viewed:  12498 Time(s)

Last edited by crewman on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:38 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

This is one reason I stayed away from LSA. I did not have the patience to learn about stacking. If there was a nice and easy explanation though....

crewman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:53 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
This is one reason I stayed away from. I did not have the patience to learn about stacking. If there was a nice and easy explanation though....

Hi Mooxe,
It's easy once you get the basic ideas and practice a few times. IMO, it's worth learning ... cause it increases strategic possibilities. With more variables, there is also more chance for mistakes and overlooking things ... but even that makes for more interesting battles and campaigns.
For example: the above map was a mistake on my part. I wanted a second BG on that map ... but forgot about it arriving through a different VL. Thankfully the new entry VL was close, and I was able to connect ground.

I'll keep adding stuff ... ask any questions you have. I'm sure myself, Steiner, or other players would be glad to share info.

Last edited by crewman on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

crewman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:11 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

Next topic ... advantages to stacking BG's?

1. Borrow from Reserve: When you borrow units from the Reserve BG ... it doesn't use points from your "Point Pools".
Therefore, you can help keep your "Point Pools"  higher by borrowing Reserve units ... which helps if that BG is fighting numerous battles and uses "points" to replace units to Active Roster.

You'll notice this when tying to load your BG with high value units like tanks ... the "points" reduce quickly, but borrow units from the Reserve BG and it doesn't take points from your "Point Pools".

2. Swap BG's: When a BG's "Point Pools" gets too low for what units you want to deploy ... then right click the Reserve BG (bottom BG icon) during Strategic move turn ... and select "Relieve".
This will bring the Reserve BG to the Frontline and allow the depleted BG to rebuild "points" since it is not fighting. Doing this also helps with cohesion and fatigue.

3. Getting desired units: The Reserve BG may have units types you want to fight with ... like tanks. Having an Armor BG as reserve allows the frontline BG to use the Reserve's armor units.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:37 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

each CC game either comes with a game manual or a PDF manual. my advice to all players is READ THE MANUAL.
its not that hard to figure out each games options IMO. 90% of all CC games are the same.

LSA IMO is the BEST CC made. as crewman says....with the new options available to LSA, this CC has way more playability. in the LSA GJS mod, it makes the mod totally diff from the old GJS, which was classic.

@ Mooxe
if you haven't tried LSA, you should. seriously...its not hard to figure out once you have stacked and merged a couple of BG's, it becomes second nature. I don't agree with crewmans statement about ... there is also more chance for mistakes and overlooking things ......
if your paying attention to your strat move, all is good.

the lame ass excuse matrix used for taking out half the LSA options in PITF and GWTC is absolute BS. some nonsense about players not being able to figure out some of the options??? I don't believe that for a second and I never ever saw that complaint on the forums. LSA had all the stuff WE as players wanted and then they took allot of it out??? just being able to borrow from the reserve BG is stellar! sorry I digress  Shocked

I love LSA as a game....its a long GC tho...and I really love LSA GJS...and I really like the LSA options.  Very Happy

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Last edited by stiener on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:40 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

oh ya...good stuff here crewman...again...your the man  :D

ill post a few things here related to this mod as our GC progress's. we have to play more to see about a couple of things to make certain about them....nothing bad tho .....LOL

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

crewman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

haha, thanks Steiner.
I'll post other Campaign specific strategy stuff later too ... right now I can't let any information slip into enemy hands  Smile

crewman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:59 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

Want to experiment with different LSA Battle Group (BG) movement and stacking options?
Go to GJS 7.3, and select Operation Perch from the Operations tab.

Before a battle starts you need to decide what to do with your BG's.
Keep in mind, the Allied player's strategy will most likely be to capture bottom left VL, and then attack into Carpiquet. Of course the German player (entering map at top left) knows this and will devise strategies to defend that VL.

Allied:
Option 1: No movement or change to BG's. The result is ... all units must deploy in bottom right, and 2nd CDN Armoured BG is frontline BG with option to use 8/3 reserves.
Option 1a: Relieve the 2nd CDN Armoured BG with 8/3 CDN. The result is ... 8/3 will become frontline BG, with option to use reserves.
Option 1b: Merge 2nd CDN Armoured BG with 8/3 CDN, and then have option to Attack or Move 69th50th in from Rauray (top right).

Option 2: 69th50th "Moves" from Rauray into top right, and 2nd CDN Armoured moves back to Hermanville. The result is ... 8/3 is frontline and deploys bottom right with option to deploy four reserve units from 69th50th into top right deployment area.

Option 3.  69th50th "Attacks" from Rauray into top right, and 2nd CDN Armoured moves back to Hermanville. The result is ... 69th50th is frontline and deploys top right with option to deploy four 8/3 reserve units in bottom right.

Option 4.  69th50th "Attacks" from Rauray into top right, and 2nd CDN Armoured moves back to Hermanville. The result is ... 69th50th is frontline and deploys all units top right, and declines option to deploy any reserve units at bottom right.

German:
Use reserve units

Option 1 BG's no movement.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.96 KB
 Viewed:  11868 Time(s)

Option 1  BG's no movement.jpg

Option 1 Allies Deploy bottom right.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.03 KB

Option 1 Allies Deploy bottom right.jpg

Option 2 69th50th moves into top right.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.05 KB

Option 2 69th50th moves into top right.jpg

Option 2 Allies Deploy Reserves top right..jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.4 KB

Option 2 Allies Deploy Reserves top right..jpg

Option 3 69th50th Attacks into top right.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.48 KB

Option 3 69th50th Attacks into top right.jpg

Option 3 Allies Deploy Reserves bottom right.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.32 KB

Option 3 Allies Deploy Reserves bottom right.jpg

Option 4 69th50th Attacks into top right.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.48 KB

Option 4 69th50th Attacks into top right.jpg

Option 4 Allies Deploy top right.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  225.92 KB

Option 4 Allies Deploy top right.jpg

crewman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:42 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

Important:
Allied and German BG's arriving to Strategic map need to have room to land. If a BG is arriving on a map with two BG's already occupying the map, they will not try to re-enter the Strategic map at a later turn ... and will be gone.
This is a LSA game bug, but it's something that can be managed by keeping track of when Battle Groups arrive ... and making sure there is enough room for them to land.

Here is a link to Battle Group info with details about when and where BG's arrive on the Strat map.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11214

crewman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:01 am Post subject: Re: how to guide and strategies for LSA GJS 7.3 Battle Group Reply with quote

Next topic ... Beach maps and Static BG maps.

Beach maps:

Allies: Objective is to capture inland VL's off the beach maps and move inland. At this point don't be concerned about destroying all enemy units or capturing all VL's. First priority is, capture inland VL's and move inland next move turn.
For two reasons:
First, German Battle Groups (BG's) are moving towards the beach maps and Allies need to get as far inland as possible before engaging these mobile German BG's.
Second reason, is to make room for incoming Allied BG's to land ... since only two BG's can occupy a map.
Allies have BG's arriving on most beach maps June 6, 07:00 and June 6, 15:00. Only one new BG arrives June 7, 07:00 ... 185/3 Brit at Sword. If you didn't capture an inland VL at Sword after your second battle, then move 185/3 to Ouistreham ... to avoid blocking this BG's arrival.
June 7, 15:00 Allies have new BG's arriving at Sword, Juno, Gold, and Le Hamel ... so make room on those maps before this arrival time.

Two critical maps for Allies to capture quickly and hold are ... Benouville and Bayeux. Benouville has the only supply route to the Airborne sector.

German: Objective is to delay Allies from capturing inland VL's. Beach map battles play a pivotal role in the overall campaign. Every turn Allied BG's are delayed getting off the beaches, gives more time for mobile German BG's to advance towards the Allied invasion.

Static BG maps:

Allies: Same idea as beach maps ... capture inland VL's and keep moving until you engage a mobile BG. Following BG's can clear the beach maps and German Static BG maps.

German: same as beach maps ... delay inland movement by defending strategic VL's.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: