Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1225
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:05 am Post subject: Mosul battle - ISIS vs. Iraq forces Reply with quote

BBC story about Mosul battle

Saw this video and started thinking how the "Battle of Mosul" kind of has a Close Combat feel to it. Urban fighting, infantry-heavy fighting, tunnels, booby-traps, etc. Material for a mod, that's for sure.

On a more serious note, I wonder if Iraq can survive this situation. That country has suffered so much in the last few decades, seems that peace is a distant dream for them.

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:08 am Post subject: Re: Mosul battle - ISIS vs. Iraq forces Reply with quote

Sorry for double post, I don't know how to edit posts, a video of preparation for the Mosul battle by the Iraqi forces.

Link

vobbnobb

Rep: 73

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:18 am Post subject: Re: Mosul battle - ISIS vs. Iraq forces Reply with quote

Mahdi and other Iranian backed militias have against the US during Iraq invasion up to the end and still get our tanks and armor to fight with go figure? The (Iranian) "Iraqi forces" have to be the most terrible in the world.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:50 am Post subject: Re: Mosul battle - ISIS vs. Iraq forces Reply with quote

Makes no sense whatsoever. Dick Cheney and Bush's invasion of Iraq was the worst foreign policy blunder in U.S. history.  Iraq under Sunni control was the perfect balance of power check vs Iran.  Now we have re-ignitated hundred of years of hatred between Sunni and Shiite factions, de-stabllized the entire region.  While we rack up uncontrollable debt.  No exit strategy in sight and now US is stuck having to be the policeman for the mess we created.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:27 pm Post subject: Re: Mosul battle - ISIS vs. Iraq forces Reply with quote

Great video! It looks like a movie or a game. Or is it that movies and games have become so realistic now?

Also, why are they digging the ditch / wall? It looks like a VERY mobile attack force I cant believe they're going defensive.

Also - what is that truck mounted rocket launcher? It looks like a BM-21 GRAD but surely they dont still have Russian equipment in Iraq after all these years?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: Mosul battle - ISIS vs. Iraq forces Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
Great video! It looks like a movie or a game. Or is it that movies and games have become so realistic now?

Also, why are they digging the ditch / wall? It looks like a VERY mobile attack force I cant believe they're going defensive.

Also - what is that truck mounted rocket launcher? It looks like a BM-21 GRAD but surely they dont still have Russian equipment in Iraq after all these years?

Video is blocked at my work so I can't watch it.

I have seen the walls and ditches they make in other videos. I have also seen videos of ISIS armoured suicide vehicles attacking Iraqi forces. Could these walls be defence from those attacks, like an anti-tank ditch? Or could the walls be a barrier to block LOS to operate without being seen in a flat desert? Probably both. There's lots of hurry up and wait in any military and it would make sense to fortify your exposed position prior to assaulting if the wait was long enough.

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:22 pm Post subject: Re: Mosul battle - ISIS vs. Iraq forces Reply with quote

I think, and this is just me speculating, that they would have a main operating base near the target area that they need to protect. That's what I think those walls are for.

Not sure if the truck borne rocket launchers are GRAD's, could be some other similar vehicle. I'm sure that Iraqi forces are able to buy stuff now.

MajorFrank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: Mosul battle - ISIS vs. Iraq forces Reply with quote

Video of Kurdish forces taking one Isis fighter prisoner. Pretty dangerous and good of them to take them prisoners dispite the risk of suicide bombs etc. No violence in this video but of course it's a tough battle with casualties.

Link

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: