Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:06 pm Post subject: Re: A new Commander coming with projects Reply with quote

AelrothFr wrote (View Post):
Hello Mafi and Pete, thank you both for your replies!

Your tools, Mafi, are really awesome! I really enjoy using them.

I used BTD editor to change vl etc and it seems to work on "overview".

But unfortunately, the .txt corrupted doesn't want to stop giving me this error...

I really don't know what's wrong.
Could someone have a look at my files?

It's frustrating to be blocked here, so close from a playable map...

PS: All the elevations are set to 0 right now

I need to see more info: How are you testing the map? In CC5 and inserting it in the strategic map? Did you create all 7 map files and did you name them properly?  Did you apply correct map dimensions?
I am not an export on map making but I will try and help you fix this error.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

AelrothFr

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: A new Commander coming with projects Reply with quote

Hi Commanders!

Thank you Antony_nz for your support and all of your kind words, you and this community are much than just a passionnate comunity.You're one of the reasons I'm hanging on!

By the way, if someone want my help for something, i will try as much as my abilities allow me.

Quote:
I need to see more info: How are you testing the map? In CC5 and inserting it in the strategic map? Did you create all 7 map files and did you name them properly?  Did you apply correct map dimensions?
I am not an export on map making but I will try and help you fix this error.

I didnt try with the strategic map! maybe this is why it doesnt work. I saw something about it at the end of a tutorial. Will take a look after work, tonight.

I created all the 7 files required (bgm, los, btd, mmm, ovm, txt and rfm) by exporting some of them in 5CC after created the map. They are named : Acquvlle... in order to replace them from original map in CC5.

I created a map 4680*2280 (dont remember how much tiles it has). I know it's a bit large but that was the plan. Something could be wrong with this dimension?

Thank you again for your help, appreciate that!

See you soon, commanders.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:57 am Post subject: Re: A new Commander coming with projects Reply with quote

So, how did you test the map if it was coded for CC5?
All game versions have their limits with regards to map size. I don't know the limit for CC5. What I was really interested in finding out was if you realized that the  map dimensions were restricted and that the number of tiles was your starting point, but it seems you did .

But, if you did name it Acquvlle and put it in place of the original map you did what I thought you did to test it. If it still won't work then you can try coding for CC3 and try like that or get in touch with an experienced map maker Wink .

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

mick_xe5

Rep: 19.4
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:46 pm Post subject: Re: A new Commander coming with projects Reply with quote

The 5CC tool Help file lists the maximum CC5 map size at 3860x3860 (32x32 megatiles). Use the Actions/Data Actions/Expand-Shrink function to resize your map.

AelrothFr

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:40 am Post subject: Re: A new Commander coming with projects Reply with quote

It works!
Thanks a lot, mick_xe5, that was the map's size, i shrinked it to 32*19 and have no more errors.

Thanks Pete too, for all your support and accompaniment!

I have, now, some work on this version ( changing thoose tree's shadow, too freaking huge to be real, some elevation, VL's name etc)

Thoose tools are totally epic, elevations are set correctly depending on terrain's element, LOS are perfect. Real well coded and accurate!

If you guys are interested in more "in game" pictures, i will post some this weekend ;)

Now i need to sleep, spent a lot of time in it but not lost!

See you soon, commanders

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: