Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:20 pm Post subject: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

Have had a few opportunities where I thought I may capture an enemy tank on a one point entry/exit VL. It never happened though. The vehicle may have been to far away.

The theory is.... tanks can only be captured on two or three point VLs.

Any other experiences out there on captured vehicles?

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

Do you mean abandoned then captured? If so  I have captured many abandoned tanks and field guns

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:08 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

I've never captured any. What type of group can capture it and how do you do it?

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:36 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

I've had a hard time capturing anything. I was using two PCs on my desk and setting things up the way I thought capturing worked, but haven't captured anything yet.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:47 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

Damaged and abandoned guns that ends up in enemy territory after a battle were the enemy did not rout will get "Captured".
An abandoned or immobilized vehicle in enemy territory at the end of a battle that the enemy did not rout from, will also be "Captured".

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:35 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

Quick demo:
The Brits had 5 guns - Germans destroyed 3, captured 1 and 1 was operational at end of battle.
They also had 1 Loyd and 1 Universal Carrier. The Carrier got destroyed - OK, but
what I dont understand is the Loyd was damaged and the single crew bailed out. Still on the debriefing screen the Germans are only credited for 1 destroyed vehicle. My understanding is that the Loyd carrier should have been "captured".

UO0041.jpg
 Description:
Uni carrier damaged and gun destroyed in message panel.
 Filesize:  107.4 KB
 Viewed:  10079 Time(s)

UO0041.jpg

UO0042.jpg
 Description:
1 Gun captured
 Filesize:  64.11 KB

UO0042.jpg

UO0045.jpg
 Description:
This is the gun that got captured - Notice 2 surrendered crewmembers.
 Filesize:  49.64 KB

UO0045.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:17 am Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

Another battle - captured 2 88mm Flak guns as the crews got killed, wounded, captured or left in a hurry:)
All Tigers got destroyed.

UO0051.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.2 MB
 Viewed:  10068 Time(s)

UO0051.png

UO0049.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  858.62 KB

UO0049.png

UO0050.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  852.34 KB

UO0050.png

reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:11 am Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

Playing CC3/COI I have captured many guns and tanks but not that many in some of the other CC games. I wish the game would allow you to keep and use what you capture when playing a campaign.

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

I get them through morale breaks or surrounding an enemy low on supplies

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:47 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

Capturing enemy guns and vehicles is only dependent of winning the battle as well as the conditions I described above. - The item being captured have to be in your territory after the battle ends. This means in the bright area were you are allowed to set-up forces in a follow up battle if in an OP or Campaign.

Morale break or supply situation does not matter vobbnobb.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):

Morale break or supply situation does not matter vobbnobb.

They have to leave the structure for you to capture it, so yes it does matter...

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

vobbnobb an enemy morale failure will make the "valid" capture area larger since it will include areas around a couple of VLs that your troops never physically occupied during the battle.
For the game mechanics of capturing guns and vehicles it does not matter. - As a matter of fact you can even capture guns and vehicles at a "Truce" as long as the enemy gun or vehicle is in your zone of control.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:50 am Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

Supply has no bearing on capturing vehicles in the original sense of my post. From the strategic sense, vehicle/inf/guns can be captured from the forcepool on forced or unforced disbandments. This function is not working in CC5 and may be working in the later versions. I believe the manual says any unit disbanded when out of supply loses or has captured X% of their units. Not sure if the wording is lost or captured.

What I was trying to find out are the exact parameters to capture a vehicle. In my tests I had enemy tank next to one of my VLs but they did not end up captured.

Can a vehicle be captured if in enemy territory but not by a VL?

Does point value of a VL matter to capturing vehicles?

Does winning/losing a map matter to capturing?

Can abandoned/crew killed by gunfire guns be captured? Looks like yes.

Can tanks or vehicles that crew was killed or abandoned be captured?

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:11 am Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

I am only refering to the in-battle capturing function. - Those items captured that will show up as numbers on the de-briefing screen.

Can a vehicle be captured if in enemy territory but not by a VL?  YES - VLs does not matter - Zone of control does.

Does point value of a VL matter to capturing vehicles? NO, See above.

Does winning/losing a map matter to capturing? The chance of capturing increases if you win the map since all of the area will bee in your zone of control. But the pre-requisite of the enemy vehicle and guns to be captured needs to be fulfilled. IE intact guns and mobile vehicles will never get captured.

Can abandoned/crew killed by gunfire guns be captured? Looks like yes. Yes - If in your zone of control at the end of the battle.

Can tanks or vehicles that crew was killed or abandoned be captured? Yes - If in your zone of control at the end of the battle.

Quote:
I get them through morale breaks or surrounding an enemy low on supplies

Actually vobbnobb - If an enemy tank is out of fuel because of loss of supply and has "Immobilized" status, it would be a lot easier to capture as it already fulfills the condition of being immomibilized. So winning the map would probably capture it - But I have not tested if it works like this.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 am Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):

Actually vobbnobb - If an enemy tank is out of fuel because of loss of supply and has "Immobilized" status, it would be a lot easier to capture as it already fulfills the condition of being immomibilized. So winning the map would probably capture it - But I have not tested if it works like this.

This is another weird one. Having a vehicle immobilized by enemy fire while cut off from supply created a chance you will lose that vehicle once the battle is done. Entering battle with a vehicle immobilized by no fuel does not meet the conditions to possibly lose it.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:34 am Post subject: Re: Captured Vehicle Theory Reply with quote

Quote:
This is another weird one. Having a vehicle immobilized by enemy fire while cut off from supply created a chance you will lose that vehicle once the battle is done. Entering battle with a vehicle immobilized by no fuel does not meet the conditions to possibly lose it.

Here you are speaking about Campaigns and OPS mechanics right?

I did a test to see if a BG out of fuel would in fact loose its vehicles to capture if routed from a map. - Conclusion is: they do get counted on the de-brief screen as captured.

6 tanks captured.png
 Description:
Allied BG retreated, but left the tanks that was still alive.
 Filesize:  1.79 MB
 Viewed:  9939 Time(s)

6 tanks captured.png

Allied BG disbanded when out of supply.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  790.97 KB

Allied BG disbanded when out of supply.png

Captured 3 from disbanded BG.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.78 MB

Captured 3 from disbanded BG.png

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: