Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Cpt_Rio

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:38 pm Post subject: CC Global War Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I had this idea (dont know if this has been already implemented) about a CC Global War.

First we would pick a theather, ie: Normandy, then each player would sign up for a side. After you had selected your side each player would command a specific unit throughout the entire War, if you got your unit wiped out then its game over for you.

Each side would have a Commander, to give reinforcements, support and movement orders.

I think it would be great adding this kind of Role-Play to CC, so you could follow your own unit, your own soldiers the whole war.

Then at the end of the campaign we could give medals, badges, ribbons for the commanders of the best units. So we could add them on our forum's signatures for example Smile They would act like some kind of Close Combat Community Official Prize Laughing

Comments?

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been done before Cpt_Rio, though pretty much just in clan vs clan sort of way, or inter gruppe way. If you're interested in getting a group of mercenarries together, the Pzt is always up for a good war. :Cool

Pzt_Mac
http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/PztCCGruppe2.html

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been done yeah but would be awesome for it to be done again. The PZT clan would be the best opponents for any organized merc team since they are the clan around in force lately. Uf anyones willing to organize a mercs team (more then just pooling names together on a list) I'd be willing to take on PZT with the rest of the team.

I partly organized a very successful Mercs vs AA Clan war a couple years ago. It was really alot of fun. I was the mercs commander and AT_Zappi was second in command. Both sides agreed on full disclosure of each sides force pools. It was like a highly detailed game of chess.

Me and Zappi or others reps when we couldnt do it would examine every upcoming battle. Compare force pools, assign primary and secondary objectives which could simply be vehicles or guns to destroy, hedgerows to capture or just VLs to grab. Every player on the team (most of the time) went into battle with a very detailed set of objectives. We let them choose thier own battlegroup to enter the game with. This approach worked very well.

One problem was that it last soooo long. We only played on weekends which gave us the weekdays to plan. It is not a good idea to assign people certain battlegroups because of time constraints. It would just be too complicated that way... for example.... Player1 of Canada gets control of the ABT101 BG, player2 from Australia of the Allies gets assigned the 3rd Tank BG. When these 2 units engage each other the time zone differences (and real life) really get in the way and slow the GC down immensly.

I just found its 100% better to have a commander assign very detailed objectives for a map and have anyone available to play it. This keeps things going somewhat smoothly. The key to finishing a GC is getting it done quickly, people will lose interest after awhile especially if thier team is losing.

Check this out http://www.tournamenthouse.com/mercs/ Our weekend summaries, weekend orders and teamspeak recordings of people playing the game are all in there.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Cpt_Rio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Mooxe!!!

That's really amazing!

I'd love to participate on such an event like this!

Please, let's organize another GC like this, maybe with non-clan members participation...

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pzt is more than willing to take on any Merc team that can organize itself into a proper fighting force. We make a lot of great custom Op's which can last 7 or more days, and involve any number of BG's. Of course we would give the Operation file over to the opposing team to look at it for however long, and then you can choose the side. Likewise, if you've created an Operation that you think would be good, we are more than willing to look it over. We like balanced Op's which give each side a fighting chance, so tend to shy away from historical or stock Op's as they tend to be one sided.

Some of the criteria that we use while fighting these larger more complicated battles are, for example, a 3 battle limit for each side. So if a player fights three battles, he must wait until another 3 battles has been fought by any combonation of members on his team before he can fight again. This is a very important rule as it keeps one player from fighting too many of the battles.

We also prefer to fight with Morale OFF. Initative OFF. 2 minute warning ON.

Because there are so many active members in the Pzt looking to fight, we prefer that your team has as many active fighters as possible. A nice 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6 set up is ideal. Also, we would want to fight at anytime, not just on the weekends. We also require that their be a designated chain of command with someone who is considered the "leader" and who can make the final call (this rule is in place for obvious reasons).

We use Rapidshare file hosting site to host files so that all members can few the most recent file ASAP. This also allows for anyone to pick up where the last person left off w/o having to wait for someone to email the file to them. It's a very simple site to use.
http://ul2.rapidshare.de/cgi-bin/upload.cgi

So if you feel like taking on the mighty Panzertruppen, get yourself squared away and come drop us a line at
http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/PztCCGruppe2.html

Pzt_Mac
Major, Gen. Stab., 4th Pz Division
[/b]

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:48 pm Post subject: WWWar Reply with quote

Hii Rio.

Yeah the Pzt has fought 2 wars in this manner (assigned BG). It's great commanding your own BG throughout the war. People care for their BG's and really get to know the units. Something to mention about this kind of war is that you have to be careful to keep it moving. While these kinds of wars are fought only one battle per turn per person it can easily get bogged down waiting for the next two guys to meet and fight their battle.
Remember also that some may lose interest with the delays of such a format. Waiting a week or two between turns to finally fight their single 15 minute battle. I am fortunate to be surrounded by very dedicated people who don't complain and are very patient. That was key to our success.
We did it, had fun with it, but I don't see us using the 'Assigned BG' format again real soon. Especially not outside the Pzt Gruppe.

If you use this format then you'd better have some very committed teams and the admin and players had better have a lot of patience as a good sized operation can take several months to finish. Remeber that realistically only one battle will be fought every couple of days (often longer). A GC would take forever using assigned BG's.

Then someone may say (and already has before) that you could assign several BG's to a single person. Nice on paper but not in practice. Remember that the order of battle in CC is from North to South on the strat map. Once BG's started moving and getting mixed together then you'd have one guy fighting a battle then handing the file off to the next guy, then back to the first guy, etc.... It would make everyones head spin, and bound to failure.

A format along the same vein that would work very nicely- the ARMEE GRUPPE format:
Something that I've been taking into good consideration for a while now is the idea of assigning Army Groups or 'Sectors" of command (Army Groups North, Center, and South, for example).
Splitting the strat map into 3 or 4 sectors and each sector under somone's command. So rather than assigning BG's then 'sectors' would be assigned instead. Any BG that enters into a commanders sector falls under his command. So then one army group commander fight's all the battles in his sector then hands the file off to the next commander to fight theirs (further south). Of course the greater strat and battle objectives are still set by the overall team leader.
We'll be doing something very soon with this "Army Group/Sector" format.

Our latest war with Anzac was a 24/7 war with a 3 battle per player per turn limit where a player can fight 3 consecutive battles max, then they must wait to fight again until 3 battles (collectively) are fought by his teammates before he can fight again. (that's it in a nutshell)
It worked great and I'll use this rule for every 24/7 war we fight from now on.

Well Mooxe. Them's fightin' words. The Pzt would definetly enjoy fighting your team of mercs.
We're currently planning a war with AA but after that then we'll fight whomever comes forward with an active team of 5 or 6 men.

I encourage everyone to get your CC team together. Team ops are great. Mac and I are finishing work on the creation of a new team tournament for everyone in our great community to participate in. Includes a ladder for reporting team losses.
Keep an eye out for the official announcement comming very soon.

Pzt_Wruff

Last edited by Pzt_Wruff on Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested. Since I am not a member of any clans, I guess I am for the merc team. Smile

Cpt_Rio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news indeed Wruff!

Looking really forward to that!

Smile

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:45 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

yes i believe any major gc or op battles will flow much quicker and change much quicker,keeping players more interested.If an available player can just pick up the next battle.

for a long time i was thinking of splitting available playing talent.
say we name 2 captains Mooxe and Zappi.
then they each pick a 2ic.and a 3ic.
and then keep taking turns at selecting the player of there choice.
and they can select there teams evenly from timezones.
every1 will have an opponent in there timeline as well as the option as being able to play out of there timeline with who ever is there.
as well as promoting comradeship between the players involved in the teams ,regardless of the clan of origin.in the same style the blitz did.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Pzt_Megadeth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Here here.

Well put, and count me in.

Pzt_megadeth

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

having recently fought in a campaign against the Pzt clan ,i can say that this system runs smoothly under extreme time differences, and is to be commended. im sure a mercenary force with a wider range of time zones and the availability of 7 day/24hour access would run super quick . and im lookin forward to it.

"percute et percute velociter"

Flaggellumdei

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the time and place to enlist...
Count me in

Cheers

Pzt_Megadeth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is going to grab this bull by the horns and organize the Merc side. Pzt is ready, we just need someone with a bit of organizational talent to take this on for the other side.

Is there anyone?

Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are interested, please take a look at the thread at http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1259

slems

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i'll never heard about it, but the FFL BO tournament... and 'cause i managed it !!!
this is the way to do a very good CC global war as u say Smile
the idea is very good (hehe) and campaign so great, i can said it to u !!!
it work very fine, and players are promptly addict ...
the main work is to managing all the gamers, very hard, but "depending" how u wan to lead the campaign...
i do it it soon, and it was very great, if u wanna i can help u, just send me a mp here, few players knew how it is very good...
and if u do it, i wan to be in !

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: