Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1241
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
stratweg

Rep: 35.9
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:57 am Post subject: French army mod Reply with quote

I am working on a specific mod : French army mod, with french platoons organization, french weapons and vehicles, etc

I have added some units and groups with 7,8,9,10 mens according to actual organization and according to old organization (1970-1980) and it works fun

And I will also try work to change pb of vehicle immobilizations (it's too easy to immobilize vehicle in vanilla game)

2 questions, please:

1/ How can I change graphics in game (to change US flags to french flags). I downloaded a sample of art work here :
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10045&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

but I have no tool or idea about the process to add these artwork in the game

2/ How can I change vehicles graphics of the game ? (is there a specific tool for that ?)[b]

And other question : I noticed that editor allows to build 1,2,3,4, and 5 pool forces for each side, but in game only the 1 appears : is it a normal situation ?

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:26 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Your questions:

1. The flags are in the terrain file. You can use CC2Spriter v2.95 (found in the download section of this site under tools) or CCMunger (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10373&t=229941) programmes to unpack and repack this file. - So unpack put the new flags in and repack, back up your original file and put the new terrain file in the game folder.

2. You can unpack the Tanks.azp graphics file using RtBTool v2.39 or CCMunger. Once you unpack you will see the structure of the file. Each vehicle needs a text file with coordinates for hull and turret and it needs a shadow too - its located in the Shadows.azp file. To get started  - just copy one of the similar stock shadow files and rename it to your new vehicle and repack. If you want to adapt an existing shadow or make a new one from scratch: - Use CCVehShEdit.

You can also do a search on this site under the modding section. There are several topics regarding modding vehicles.
- Ask if you need more detail on the process.

The editor needs deployment zones for all the possible players which is 10 (5vs5) but in single player game only 1 "set" of units is used.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:35 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=70577&highlight=#70577

Check out this forum posts - mind you - it was one of my first attempts at modding at all so it might not be totally up to date...

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:40 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Chance to immobilize is controled by a coloumn in the Terrain.txt file located in MAINGAMEFOLDER/DATA/BASE

stratweg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:57 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Thanks for infos Wink

I will see these tools and try to learn to work with

stratweg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:25 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Chance to immobilize is controled by a coloumn in the Terrain.txt file located in MAINGAMEFOLDER/DATA/BASE

Ok, founded the concerned column. But it is not exactly what I searched : By "immobilization problem", I mean "chance to be immobilized after ennemy shoot" : I would try to reduce the "immobilization effect" of shooting, because I think vehicules are too easy immobilized during game after they received ennemy shoots

I will try to modify the COLUMN 123 in "VEHICLE" : 'Health' of the vehicle, help it resist damage.  Range = 0 - 512

=> perhaps it will reinforce the vehicles protection

EDIT : I tried FXMunger tool and it seems work with sprites vehicles and terrains sprites, I will learn more to use it

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:48 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Yes, that is the only coloumn that I think can have the effect on what you want. But the vehicle will be more resistant to any damage - So it will in most cases take more shots to kill it if you increase the values in this coloumn.

Btw I hope you will share your mod when you are happy with it? - I am working on finishing the conversion of the cold war mod Red Storm Rising mod from CC5 to The Longest Day and the mod has 1 French battlegroup so I am very interested to see what units you have in your mod.

stratweg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:14 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Yes, that is the only coloumn that I think can have the effect on what you want. But the vehicle will be more resistant to any damage - So it will in most cases take more shots to kill it if you increase the values in this coloumn.

Btw I hope you will share your mod when you are happy with it? - I am working on finishing the conversion of the cold war mod Red Storm Rising mod from CC5 to The Longest Day and the mod has 1 French battlegroup so I am very interested to see what units you have in your mod.

Concerning vehicle : Yes, it's the problem, increase "health" will prevent all kind of damage

Concerning French oob : I have CC5 and CC TLD, but I play only CCMT : I think it's the best opus in CC, it's very difficult and challenging to win a battle vs AI when you give it some arty and mortars.

My french oob in CCMT will be very limitec and will concern only "section"  (30-40 mens) and "groups" organization (depending of cases : 7,8,9 or 10 mens).

I may help if you need informations about french sections and groups organizations in years 1970-1980 : the system war very simply :

About 100 mens in a Company : 1 Captain (leader  company) with pistol MAC 50  + 1 radio + 2 or 3 mens (with FSA 56 or pistol MAC 50) + 3 sections

About 32 mens in a section (3 "combat groups" of 10 mens + 1 section radio + 1 section leader)

About 10 mens in a "combat group" :

1 group leader with PM Mat 49 (and later Famas) and/or Pistol MAC 50
1 sniper (FrF1 gun, and later FrF2)
4 "GV" (grenaders-voltigers) : 2 with FSA 56 rifle (later : Famas) + 2 with PM Mat 49 (and later Famas)
1 gunner LRAC 73 (and later LRAC 89) = anti tank weapon
1 assistant loader (with FSA 56 rifle)
1 gunner "FM" AANF1 7,62 mm =  Medium machine-gun

Each group of 10 mens was divided in 2 parts :

"Equipe choc" = (shock team)

Group leader with PM Mat 49 (and later Famas)
1 sniper (FrF1 gun, and later FrF2)
4 "GV" (grenaders-voltigers) : 2 with FSA 56 rifle + 2 with PM Mat 49

In this "shock group", there was 3 "mini teams" :

1°/ Group leader with PM Mat 49 (and later Famas) + 1 sniper (FrF1 gun, and later FrF2)

2°/ named "first binôme"  (First "mini team") 2 GV : 1 with PM MAT 49 (ans later Famas) + 1 with FSA 56 rifle

3°/ named "second binôme" (Second mini team) 2 GV : 1 with PM MAT 49 (and later Famas) + 1 with FSA 56 rifle

"Equipe feu" ("Fire team)

1 gunner LRAC 73 (and later LRAC 89) = anti tank weapon
1 gunner "FM" AANF1 7,62 mm =  Medium machine-gun

Later (1980 to 1982 I think) : FSA 56 rifle and PM MAT 49 were replaced by Famas (assault rifle)

It's easy to reproduce that in "blueteam" file (database)

Last edited by stratweg on Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:24 am; edited 5 times in total

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:18 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Sounds great! Thanks for the excellent overview. It would be awesome to try this organization within CCMT! - I will contact you on PM a bit later.

stratweg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:29 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

ok, no problem Wink

Attached : work in progress

French_army_mod.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  395.12 KB
 Viewed:  2061 Time(s)

French_army_mod.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:40 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Looking very nice! Those large teams with automatic weapons have a lot of firepower! - Congratulation on a great start of your mod. - If you want to edit the team icons here is a link where you can find some of the original, layered Photoshop files: http://www.closecombatseries.net/SiteArchive/CSO/Graphics_Library/Unit%20Icon%20Templates/

stratweg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Thanks for files. I will also try to edit and use shp icons of the old "modern" steel panthers WSPMBT after reducing their size (there is a tool to extract them : Shpedit)

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:25 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, I am looking forward to see how they will look in CCMT!

stratweg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:05 pm Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Seems that :

1/ CC2spriter does not open the CCMT files : I have messages "wrong format" when I try to open  files contained in the GRAPHICS directory with this tool

2/FXMunger tool does not work better : (My OS is Windows 7 pro)

a/ When I extract Tank.azp, the tool display a message "out of memory" and stop to extract (all files are not extracted, lot are missing)

b/ When I extract terrains, it works good. But when I modify one graph file in tga, his format changes and becomes 24 bits (in place of 32 bits). I tried with Gimp and photofiltre (I have not photoshop). Due to that, when I rebuild under FXMUNGER tool, I have sometimes a error message. And when I have not the error message, the game crashes when I use new terrain file and I have the message : "wrong colors used", etc.
(I wanted to change the US flag in french flag)

Seems that the art work is very hard with CCMT, tools are not 100% ok and there are lot of parameters (32 / 24 bits for images, palettes of colors, etc).

I will keep the US flag and keep also vanilla graphs. It is not very important, because at the CCMT scale, icons are very smalls, and all main battle tanks seems identical (same for other vehicles : a US Bradley and a french VBCI have pretty the same look at this mini scale)

ScnelleMeyer, did you use these tools for your own work ?

I will just mod data parameters and names

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:39 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Firstly: - ALL Graphics in CCMT need to be in the format of uncompressed, 16bit .TGA. This is mentioned in all the readme files for the tools as well.
If you dont have a graphics program that can save in this format, the RTB tool has a "Graphics file format conversion" function built in that can do the job. You find it under the File menu.

1. CC2Spriter will work to unpack the terrain files of any Close Combat game - see attached image below. It will not open all Graphics files of the game - no. There are other tools for those - for example RtB tool.

2. Tell me more about how you are trying to use FX Munger. - you are the first guy reporting a problem with that app as far as I know. What steps are you doing / what options do you choose within the programme?
- If you absolutely cant get FX munger to work - the RTB tool does the job just excellent too. You can try that instead.

The graphics are a very important feature of the game and of modding the game. Dont give up on implementing new graphics my friend.

CCSpriter.jpg
 Description:
CC2Spriter extracting terrain file graphics
 Filesize:  83.9 KB
 Viewed:  1988 Time(s)

CCSpriter.jpg

stratweg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:27 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Yes, graphs are interessant, but the pb is : need lot of time to learn how to manage images, etc, and it is not exactly my speciality  Wink

What I just wish to do : to have french flag in place of US flag

Attached  are the 2 tga original files I extracted with CC2SPRITER (us flags, one = 100%, one = 5O%)

And in addition, attached are the 2 same files reworked in png with french flag (one=100%, one = 50%)

Could you please convert these 2 png reworked files in tga correct format and rebuilt the terrain file with CC2SPRITER ?

(on my Pc, it does not work : CC2SPRITER send a error message because my files are not in 16 bit format ; I tried to register them in bmp 16 colors, bmp 24 colors etc and it does not work)

Image0488.14.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  604 Bytes
 Viewed:  1979 Time(s)

Image0488.14.png

Image0449.14.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  200 Bytes
 Viewed:  1979 Time(s)

Image0449.14.png

stratweg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:29 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

seems that "attachment file" does not work for tga format

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:02 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

RTB tool has a "Graphics file format conversion" function built in that can do the job. You find it under the File menu.

Nice work on the flags. - Just use rtb tool to convert the graphics to 16.bit .tga and repack with CC2Spriter.

stratweg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:15 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Cool : now, it works fine with RtB tool, and I have french flag in game Laughing

Thanks a lot for help  Wink  

I will try now for the vehicles, to see if it works also

FRENCH_FLAG.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  305.8 KB
 Viewed:  1964 Time(s)

FRENCH_FLAG.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:25 am Post subject: Re: French army mod Reply with quote

Lovely! Great job! - Modding is skills and knowledge and by being persistent and asking questions you will learn the techniques.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: