Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 191.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

Great to see you are having progress stratweg!

It doesnt matter at what point you load the elements table.

I think the reason that you dont have the same number of elements groups as I do on my screen is because I have actually not loaded the CC5 elements, but the TLD elements file.
So this is my fault!
Try loading the TLD elements file and check if you can see the Out of bounds element?

stratweg

Rep: 35.9
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:32 pm Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for precision Wink

I am in waiting calculation of generate los at this time by my PC

EDIT: Conclusion :

1/ The total resizing process worked ok : for that, all is
I renamed the map under a new name ("Mynewmap") and saved it

2/ But 2 pb in game :

a/ The out of bound zone (top and bottom) is blanck in game, black would have been better. Is there a way I missed to have black in place of white ?

b/ The maps seems not work correctly in game : If I play ARMY, I have the victory immediatly after I clicked on "begin" (therefore, the objectives are all set in the opfor zone and ARMY has only 1 little UNIT VS large force OPFOR = I did this setting to test if pb occurs, and it occurs in all cases.

There is something strange and curious with this map, and I am sure of settings I given to the scenario

If I play OPFOR, the pb does not occurs, but I see that lot of zones in the map (not in blank zone at top and botton, but into the map) are named (when I right click on terrain) : "out of bound" and impassable by units (impossible for unit to crosse these zones or to enter in and units says in russian the equivalent of "the way is blocked")

I will tomorrow retry the entire process to verify if pb occurs again with the new work

Thanks for help process, it's now more clear Cool  (excepted the 2 pb above)

stratweg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:08 am Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

Curious, same pb occurs  again with the resized map : conclusion, it's lot of work for very low result in game Rolling Eyes

But I experimented that : If you choice in "preference" the element table for CC5 (not element table for TLD) and if you shrink the map in place to expand it (just use the signe "-" = soustract before the number "z" (= x*6) to be entered as new coordinates with the above calculated formula x*6 (where "x" is the difference of tile deployements in the 2 sides, given by the tool), you loose a little part of map but all works perfectly in game, no any pb in game with resized map.

So, I will do that : to shrink the map in place of expand it, and I will only use maps that have at least 72 for a side (example : 90,72; 80,72, etc)

Using this way, I will accept a little loss on a side (max = 90 - 72= 18 ) but I will have a 72 x 72 maps that works perfect with a very quick and simple work of few secunds in 5CC, without any other complications : to shrink the high side of the map is more sure and quick than expand it

Other maps have no importance : a map of 90x54 by example would give me (with my way) a 54x54 maps : too little.

And if I would expand this kind of map, the result would be I will play with a possible problematic map of 90x54, which is no more large than à 72x72 map.

To not use this kind of "irregular" map is not damaging : Even a map have a larger side of 90, if the low side is inferior to 72, this kind of map has very low interest in CCMT, due to the scale of weapons capacities.

And if at least one map side has 72, maps is ok and engough large to be played with interest as a 72 x 72 map in CCMT after shrinking

Little and sure  work in 5CC for great/quick interest in playing game is better than long work in 5CC and maps with problems in game after resizing  Rolling Eyes

stratweg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:25 am Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

Finally, founded the way to avoid all pb with the map in game, I will do a detailled "step by step" for great beginners like me Wink   with screen captures.

The only difficult point stays that : Would better to have black in place of white/grey in game for the "out of bound" that is added on the map.
I searched but not found the way (in windows tools of 5CC) to change white in black. It's just a little thing but better for look map

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:45 am Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

Very good! I guess you were working on a map file that had been half-way converted when you had these strange problems with the map ingame.

I agree that black borders would look better. I do not know if there is a possibility to have 5CC colour it black instead of white. Maybe someone else on the forum knows?

So the way to do it is export the expanded bgm as a picture (bmp) -FILE - Export. 5CC can be left open.
Take this into a photoeditor and fill the borders with Black.
Then use the FILE- IMPORT menu in 5cc to reimport the edited bmp.

stratweg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:24 am Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

Thanks for infos  Wink  

I tried that but in this direct way, it does not work and you receive a message from 5CC that say the BGM file is not correct

In fact, you have first :
1-To export the BGM image as TGA 16 bit (not BMP)
2-To convert it in BMP with RTB Tool
3-To work it to set black in top and botton
4-To  import again the image in 5CC

And you will obtain the black ground like this (i post the "unzoom" map for better view)

The only last pb is that my "quick guide" will now not exactly be for beginners, because it needs to know how to use RTB for TGA/BMP conversion. It's a devil cycle Twisted Evil

I will probably separate the 2 guides : one for the basic ground (white) and a additional guide for those who want black ground

SCREEN_black-ground.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  445.91 KB
 Viewed:  620 Time(s)

SCREEN_black-ground.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

You are wrong. It can be both exported as a picture (.bmp) and re-imported as picture (.bmp)

Edit: Map looks great with black edges. Congratulations on doing this!

stratweg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:07 pm Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

Thanks  Wink It was hard work learning and I would have failed without your help

You are right concerning BGM : I tried again and no pb with

Curious : I did exactly  the same manip at fisrt, but in firts attempt I received a message that said me the file was not correct (I re-worked if under the old simple "paint windows")

For second attempt to verify, I worked again under "paint windows" with same process and no pb.

But usefull to know that in case of necessity, the way by using a tga-16 bits converted with  RTB works also perfect (safety issue Wink )

Now, I am writting the little quick guide for absolute beginners like me (detailled step by step with screen captures). I will show it later, to allow you to correct my eventual errors if you have time, and then it will ready to be shared for all users

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:17 pm Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

Great! Looking forward to seeing your guide.

stratweg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:56 pm Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

here is the guide project  Wink
(not attached here because too heavy > 2mo)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o8ggp4xzihqfoh3/RESIZING_GUIDE_CC_MAP_V2.pdf/file
 (link updated after rectification of some minor imperfections)

Probably may be improved, take care for possible errors : do not use it immediatly, better to wait control of Schnellemeyer about content, the defintive guide will bere- uploaded after this control

Beginners have yet no more excuse to not work and share resized CC maps Rolling Eyes

Last edited by stratweg on Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

Very good work with the guide stratweg. I think even the blind should be able to expand and shrink maps with this guide;)

stratweg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:14 pm Post subject: Re: Learning CC2Tool (Mafi tool) to try to resize maps for C Reply with quote

Thanks to you for very usefull help  Wink

I updated the guide (V2) after some litlle rectifs of my very poor english : Hope it may help users

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: