Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1257
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:17 pm Post subject: Anzac vs Aussie Mercs Tactical Discussion Reply with quote

Ok fellas, post in here any tactics that have worked for you in in the past.

Such as topics as:

Attack
Defense
Infabtry-Tank tactics
The counter attack etc

Or anything else.

I noticed that "hard" defence is not really an option in this mod, and that you are better to lead the enemy into an ambush, using maortars to dwindle his forces, then counter with a strong attack.

Verboten

fatboybob

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ive only playeed a couple of games so far but it seams to me that mortars r pretty in effective, has any body else noticed this?

FatboyBoB

cipressina0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

spot on verboten
mortars are week but they work nicely at close range, you will need to let them close up a bit

cipressina0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

done

Last edited by cipressina0 on Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Cipressina0, just remember there is a hints and tips for this type of info. Lets keep it all together so it doesn't get lost.

For now the strat moves take care of them selves, unless an exit VL opens up or one of our BG crumples.

Tactics to consider (apologes if this basic stuff, but I don't know what experience level we are all at).

For the Map we are attacking:

Pair up your tanks, we can take five but I wouldn't recommend that, as when you have a lot of a good unit you tend to over use it. I intend to take four tanks. 2 to defend the VL we came in on, and two to assult into the map. Use infantry to screen for you tanks always, and clear hedgrows on the other sied of open ground before exposing your tanks. When ATG are found use Mortars/Arty/Airstrikes to yake them out. ANZAC are unlikely to have two ATG's covering the one approach, but keep an ey out anyway. Especially for StuG's/tanks in the back roving around strengthening the weakened lines.

Meeeting Engagements:

Lead with Recon/second line units to sprint out ahead and capture ground. Bring your frontline troops and tanks in slowly, making sure not to be exposed. StuG's are lethal in this game so be aware of them.Set limits of exploitation to ensure you don't get over extended and wollopped.

Defense:

Do not deploy ATG's in forward positions, they will be seen very early and taken out with mortars. use long and narrows lanes of fire on likely approaches for tanks, and support the ATG's with an infantry or command squad. Try and deploy so that you have some relatively strong points of defense that ANZAC have to walk into, that can hold their own until a reserv force left in the rear can get to. If you beat off their offense and see an oppurtinity COUNTERATTACK!! but again don't be too agressive and absolutely do not initiate the fight when we are defending a map.

Armour:

Are the fist of our BG's. Treat them with respect. A result of four or five dead tanks in one battle is a very poor result. casualties will occur. Not sure you need another tank? Then don't take one we may need it later. The last two days will be crucial, low numbers of armour will hurt us badly in those last days.

Troop Selection:

Try not to hog all the good teams. Always try and select a 2nd line/poor squad to defend an area unlikely to be attacked. It builds up their experience and morale, and saves on the consumption of first rate troops. Nothing could be worse than trying to kick the crap out of ANZAC in the last couple of days with MG teams, resistance teams and mortars.

Verboten

cipressina0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortars

Whats our stand with that

60mm > 39 meters best use up to 150m
80mm > 46 meters best use up to 200m
chem4.2>60 meters best use up to 215m
Which one should we pick and how many ?

zookam9
100m range
how many?

Sniper cal30
260m range but not accurate as in gjs.
much better with anything that moves >100m
I always take one if I have a 3 to 4 storey good for spotting but may be better use a mg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: