Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1231
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:45 am Post subject: Just finished my 1st 2vs1 game Reply with quote

We used wruff's custom map where opfor has to defend the airfield.

Senior_Drill and Pzt_Penguin played the Marines.. I was OPFOR.

My initial plan from deploy was to run my men to the forward houses of the city. Once there I had clear LOS to Pzt_Penguins deploy. I dropped 2 support barrages on him and had 3 of my mortars firing also. All his vehicles went down in seconds and alot of men also. Penguin now has to hump 1500-2000 meters to engage me.

Senior_Drill came from the North and I didnt see his deploy till later on. I dropped an airstrike on an M1A1 of his and destroyed it. My mortars got an infantry carrier, a crap load of men, 5ton truck and immobilized a Lav25.

Penguin tried to sneak South of me where I only had 1 team haphazardly covering the approach. Once I seen his 3-4 teams going south I rushed my bmp3 to engage and 1 infantry team... All penguins forces were kia.

Senior_Drill, coming from the North still ran an m1a1 into the outskirts of town. An AT team killed it after about 5 shots. A bunch of his infantry came trickling in and were shot down.

Nobody made it past the OPFOR town. Not even withing 1km of the airport. My support did most of the dirty work thank god. It was fun... my 1st game..

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on.
Yea, as I've played more and more I've realized the importance of keeping vehicles spread out. A mortar birrage can decimate several softshells. Another thing you were able to take advantage of is those airstrikes. I've quickly learned to immediatly give a tank/vehicle the "move fast" order as soon as you've seen your enemy drop smoke for the airstrike. Their is usually such a delay before the airstrike moves in that you can get your tank out of harms way before the strike shows up.
Really really vital to keep tanks and vehicles well behind the infantry teams, calling them up for support when needed and using them far outside of urban areas for suppressing fire in buildings. Will serve you well in that manner. They're devastating to enemy teams in buildings, but tanks will be lost quickly when getting close in to an unsecure urban area.

Looking forward to getting some games soon mooxe.

Mac and Nemesis are waiting for me for a 2v1.
I have to go destroy their army now. Twisted Evil

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

To put it in perspective for ya'll, the map was Big Wonderland, a 1km x 4km map that starts in the west with rocky hills then has a small town, then a small city and then the airport.

The Marines deployed in the small town and a small hamlet to its south and the OPFOR (I assume) to the east of the city. The Marines are up to 2700 meters from the objective - the jet parked on the north of the airport runway. In CC5 terms, that is like having to advance across five CC5 maps. A tall order for anyone!

Mooxe's use of mortars and artillery took out half of the Marine's transportation in the first couple of minutes, forcing the two Marine platoons to try to slog it out on foot. With the game timer running, there is no time to drag butt.

Once the OPFOR gained the tall buildings on the west side of the city, they could observe the approaches, allowing Mooxe to drop a lot of mortar and artillery fire on the advancing Marines, cutting them down left and right.

By the time a Truce was declared at around 25 minutes into the game, the Marines probably didn't have more than a dozen men left, half of them still mounted on a disabled AAAV back in Pen's deploy area! Confused

A proud victory for the OPFOR and a very sad day for the Marines!

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Marines, RAF Regt & Anti Terrorism

Jump to: