Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:40 am Post subject: (RegXtra) Temporary Cease Fire Reply with quote

Verboten presented this op to Anzac making it clear that the op really hadn't been tested. Anzac chose german and there was some miscommunication about the feedback, testing and rules/regs for the war.
Any team op should be tested through the first day to ensure a good and fair fight. No pointing fingers about lack of feedback or who did what, etc..
Let's just get it right for everyone so you can all kick this thing off without any misunderstanding and have a good time.

Not butting in here folks. I just spoke with L4W on GS concerning this.
It's been agreed that there will be a slight delay while a TESTED op (through first day) is created. I am going to co-create and test it with verboten so that we can both ensure that it's a good and fair fight for both sides. Anyone creating a team op needs someone to observe the design and give feedback. Verboten was on his own in the original design.
I'll be a partner with him on the new design so we can bounce everything off of eachother. That's vital when creating a team op. It will be ready in 24 hours.
I promise that careful consideration will be given to the design.
No one will feel slighted. A little patience folks and all will be in good order.
So let's get a totally solid design on the table. Anzac look it over for 24 hrs to choose their side and then kick this war off again. A fresh slate for a great game.
All the rules and regs will be posted in public so there's no misunderstanding (there was some miscommunication past couple of days with the regs accidentely being posted in the wrong forum).
Best to take a little time here, get everything right, everyone on the same page, and have a good war for all of you. Everyone feeling they've been treated fairly.
It's Saturday night here. The op will be ready for Anzac within 24 hrs. Your war will be in full gear beginning of this week.

Drinks are on the house tonight (3 drink limit for Tack).

Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's not much for it I guess.

The failure of the War to date and of the Op as a whole is a result of poor comunication and not a lot of time. I had asked for the Op to be tested for balance but it never eventuated. The OP was designed for certain first round strat oves and those conditions were never posted......more bad communication.

On the face of it the Op looked ok but as the first round was played out it became obvious that it was not.

Tanks go to Lord4War and Wruff for hitting the brakes on this thing before the wheels really fell off.

If anything is to be learned it tis this:

1) Never set a timeframe for the start of a war until the operation is built.
2) If you intend on starting a war make sure you have an OP ready to go, rather than having to wait for one to be built.
3) Test. Test. Test. Custom OPs are not easy and no one likes to be beaten by the OP design, as opposed to being beaten by better players.
4) Be familiar with the mod you are using. I wasn't and it showed.
5) Evaluate the OP and if you feel it is unbalanced say something to fix it rather than choosing the side with the advantage.

My Apologies for the problems to date, hopefully we can sort it out soon.

Pzt_Verboten

cipressina0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:52 am Post subject: cease fire n2 Reply with quote

Second cease fire

Corona Xtra has asked for a cease fire on the 31/10/2005
There won be any further action till the 10/11/2005

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: