Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1234
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:33 am Post subject: PZT CC MISSIONS for GJS 4.4. Briefings and Mission Files. Reply with quote

You may remember the Pzt Missions Packs. These missions are objective based scenarios. It's a unique approach to playing CC. Instead of simply fighting for VL points you'll be fighting for the objectives layed out in the briefings provided for each mission.
Rather than releasing "packs" of several mission at once and admining an event as I've done in the past, I will release these new missions one at a time for people to play at their own leisure.

In this thread I will provide the briefings and the mission files. A new mission will be added every month or so. So grab a buddy and drop him/her the link to this thread so they are clear of their mission objectives and enjoy some hard-hitting Close Combat.
Not recommended for play against the AI.

These missions are tested for quality of play. They're competitive, tough, and straight forward. Some are used by Pzt for training, and some are just put out there for good straight up head to head fun. They're all fun.
Read the mission briefings carefully before you play the mission or you'll be FUBAR on the field of battle.

Enjoy the fight and let me know what you think. I appreciate your feedback.

Pzt_Wruff

Last edited by Pzt_Wruff on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This first mission focuses on Tank Security for Allies. Bounding Overwatch and Ambush tactics is the focus for German.

A couple of points realavent to the success of this mission are covered here before the briefing. I'll include some of these points for those who may enjoy studying tactics and their applications to Close Combat.

Points of interest for 1st mission:

Force A: German
Mission: AMBUSH

Bounding Overwatch

Bounding Overwatch provides significant benefits:

· Maximum dispersion and stealth minimizes your exposure to enemy observation and fires.

· Maximum security is gained. A unit surprised by enemy fire receives immediate suppression from a sister unit. Without overwatch, your unit becomes pinned, casualties occur, mortars fall, and then the enemy begins to maneuver against you.

DEFENSE
A strong defense is tied directly to the terrain. Learn to analyze and use your ground.

Try to envision the enemy’s attack. Select the ground where you will stop his attack. Tentatively emplace your key units so their primary sector fires interlock on this ground.

ANTI-TANK Tactics for Infantry Units
When fighting armor, every infantry echelon—from squad, to platoon, to company—needs an organic anti-tank (AT) capability. Against tanks, infantry without AT weapons are either withdrawing, hiding, or being overrun. The tank is invulnerable to infantry without AT weapons.

Close Terrain
Infantry can only fight tanks in close terrain. Use broken terrain, vegetation, and urban areas to deny enemy tanks their key advantages of mobility and standoff range.
An allied rifle team waits in ambush and destroys the german panzer

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Force B: Allies
Mission: COMBINED FORCES ASSAULT, AND TANK SECURITY

While a division commander in 1941, General Patton had the following comments regarding combined arms:
"There is still a tendency in each separate unit . . . to be a one-handed puncher. By that I mean that the rifleman wants to shoot, the tanker to charge, the artilleryman to fire . . . . That is not the way to win battles. If the band played a piece first with the piccolo, then with the brass horn, then with the clarinet, and then with the trumpet, there would be a hell of a lot of noise but no music. To get harmony in music each instrument must support the others. To get harmony in battle, each weapon must support the other. Team play wins."

The infantry unit protects the tank from AT fire and close assault. The infantry unit provides overwatch – a continuous bubble of security for the tank. The infantry unit spots obstacles, AT weapons, and enemy sappers before the tank can.

In close terrain, the infantry unit stays between the tank and potential enemies, avoiding AT threats and close infantry assault on their armor. Friendly teams identifying targets, suppressing them and opening the way for their armor to engage enemy positions in force.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MISSION 1

MISSION BRIEFING AND FILE

Focus:

Allies: Tank Security and Assault

German: Ambush and Bounding Overwatch

Allies begin in the Northwest. Germans taking position in area of the town Troarn.

ALLIED OBJECTIVE #1:
Secure the TROARN VL at the crossroads. (This VL does NOT need to be held. Secure the VL and move on to next objective).

PRIMARY IMPORTANCE on the survival of your Command Sherman:

ALLIED OBJECTIVE #2:
Move south accross the wetlands and secure the TROARN BRIDGE with the COMMAND SHERMAN before time expires.

Allies: If your Command Sherman is destroyed or immobile then all effort must be made to secure the TROARN BRIDGE by any means still available.
The primary goal of this exercise for the allies is to incorporate their armor in assaulting TROARN. Keeping the Sherman alive and getting it out to the south bridge before time expires.

-------------------------------------------

GERMAN OBJECTIVE: Defend the TROARN VL, and the TROARN BRIDGE VL until times expires. If both of these points are lost then it is an allied victory.
Destroy all allied armor and prevent the allied advance through Troarn.

You have 25 minutes to complete your objectives.

Good Luck!

PztAmbushFiles.zip
 Description:
PztAmbush German and Allied file. Unzip to your "saved" games folder.

Download
 Filename:  PztAmbushFiles.zip
 Filesize:  6.4 KB
 Downloaded:  370 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Custom Scenarios

Jump to: