Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1240
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:44 am Post subject: Lessay battle vs Cipressina Reply with quote

after 5 minutes,neither of us were attacking so we both agreed to truce.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:30 am Post subject: periers vs cipressina Reply with quote

OOOHHHHh how i wished i truced in this game.
Cipressina,bulked his troops on the lower flank,support by a 105mm tank,and mortars,just barged his way thru,and i had to use tank crews to scramble for a defence to keep him off our real vl.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

cipressina0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

this the way we are going into the 13th evening

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:56 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Cant have this happening,a minor allied victory threatening major!
Time to pull our fingers out ANZACs!
Dig In!

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:46 am Post subject: Mercenaries Beg for Truce Reply with quote

yes its true the Mercs have begged for a truce to pick up their wounded from the battlefield.And to get some brownie points from the UN the ANZACs have complied.
The War will resume on the 10th November.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:15 am Post subject: Resumption of Op Reply with quote

The war is back on.
Verboten vs Lord4war
But it was only light skirmishes at the Pont La Abbe

Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

After a 10 day cease fire hostilities started again. It looks like ANZAC combined all their abilty in coming up with the latest strat moves in a plan to put the valiant CornaXtra armies off balance. All to no avail.

Light fighting in Pont saw a small paddock become the latest in ANZAC gains as Stumpy gets to move his beer fridge about 10 yards east. While the Aliies gain back the cross roads VL. The yellow circle denotes here most of the fighting occured.

St Jores:
St Jores has been a place of victory for the Allies as we continue to push back the Gerries.

In a surpirse move ANZAC moved the beleagured 942nd here - to their doom.

Here p-38's knock out a captured french tanks as infantry move into position.

This game crashed at 00:00 and I belive a lot of ground was given back tot he Germans. Eg the Monte catre VL had been taken and their lines in the east pushed back. Very annoyoning.

Lessay:
From the start of the battle Stumpy came out swinging, determined to snatch the St Jores VL from the Allied 39th and therby route them. It was not to be as heroice Polish rifleman and a stalwart Sherman II(the only mobile tank) took out two Mk III Panzers in a head on duels.

Oh the BLood!

End of Battle result:

The campaign going into the second last day:

I can't wait for the next round fellers.

Viv La Corona!

cipressina0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Played Stumpy couple for the 14th morning

I think mother Luck has left the building for the Crowns

Amphreville was seriously bad for us as I had 4 tanks out of fuel and the only one working got the track damaged at the very first edge crossing. While his tanks got through several edges and creek and mortar barage up north with no prob.

I have simulate this map many times and the max tank with no fuel was 3, I reckon even with one tank I would have got stumpy as I got 15meters to their HOme Vl with my inf that at the end were over come cuz no supp.
never then less well done Stumpy you follow your plan once again making very little mistakes gg

St Mere was the battle we were looking forward to fight it was bloody!once again strumpy try to sneak behind my front line and try to get the rear Vl, this time I had 4 tanks with fuel and things didnt go his way. he managed to take most of the map north but he was losing badly in the south as I cought him in the open couple times and I had tank support which allowed me to charge him with the inf. with not many casualties the only problem were his mg cutting down any chance for me to cross the road .

at the end they managed to score a minor victory up north things are getting quite bad for us Verb I hope you gone kick ass south !

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:32 am Post subject: Verboten @ Periers Reply with quote

a terrible result for me in this one,with all vls taken.

my last hope charging vl in dying seconds

and how the op result shows with 3 turns remaining.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:02 am Post subject: Vs Cipresina @ Amfreville Reply with quote

its the only final screen shot i got,but is accurate

i destroyed 3 american tanks,and lost a pz4 to an airstrike.

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:19 am Post subject: Verboten v Blackstump at St Mere Reply with quote

verb and i obviously decided that we would both concentrate our forces around my supply vl at St Mere, i left the east and centre of town lightly defended, verb took some advantage of that in last quarter of game grabing 3 vls rather cheaply,

we butted heads along this hedgeline for most of the game, verbs command car gets to close here.

results after St Mere

"percute et percute velociter"

Blackstump

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:55 am Post subject: Verboten v Blackstump at Pont La A'bbe Reply with quote

verbs forward scouts get cooked by a clearing shot in opening seconds of game

as my lonely sturm grenadier move out of ambush to clear the southern orchard, all hell breaks loose and i realise the mercs have a substanial attack force positioned to attack my southern vl, which was only defended by a leader group and a panther,

merc tank rolls forward to take on panther and comes of 2nd best

panther kills 2 more shermans trying to poach along the open paddock in support of troops rushing the panther, however the cat is to quick and repeatedly moves and fires as the zugfeuher valliantly machine gun survivers, up north we have managed to sneak down the hedge line and grab the mercs supply vl withstanding repeated attacks with the help of a stug
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
results after Pont La A'bbe

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:37 am Post subject: Resumption of war Reply with quote

I fought Cipressina @ Amfreville.he desperately held on to a vl as time ran out.

panther comes to a halt after airstrike/minesweeper/stuart combined attack

Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after nearly a month long cease fire, the ANZAC vs CoronaXTRA war has been restarted.

For those that may not have been following the war was interrupted on the last day of fighting after it was discovered that there was a problem with the battle file. A battle had been fought (Amphreville) and the result had not been recorded correctly on the file that I was using to fight subsequent battles. There was a bit of a pause while we worked out what we were going to do, and while I cooled down (I got a bit angry at one point - oops)

Anyway we resolved that one battle by fighting it on a ccReq battle. There was only one more battle to be had there before we pulled out anyway. The rest of battles are to be fought using the main file.

Every battle fought for the last 3 days of this war has ad a direct impact on which way the war will go, and right now it's see-sawing, every battle swings the war from one side to the other.

St Mere Eglise:

ANZAC had managed to push their Elephant BG past us in Amphreville and began marching east, however we had two fresh BG's in reserve and moved the 331st to ST Mere Eglise to block and further advance. Two battles have been fought here, but this was the most important one for this map. We had to secure the Mederet VL so that ANZAC couldn't pull their Elephant VBG(which is vulnerable to kick off by our 331st) back there and contest it with our battered BG withdrawing out of Amphreville - we want the whole map to ourselves.

Since there was only two battles to be had with this BG I went all out and chose every Marine and Assault engineer team I could scrounge. Combined with some veteran Polish rifle teams we were fielding some impressive infantry. These were backed up by a Veteran Sherman 105, and Char1 bis, as well as new versions of both. US Fire Support teams would provide extra firepower.

For those that haven't played RegXtra, the US have these Fire Support Teams that pack quite a wollop, 2x .30cal MG', .50cal MG, 2 x BAR and Zook, as well as a couple of rifles.

I set up my whole focus on the Mederet VL

I had to be wary of ATG's and ambushing troops, so I drew them out and brought the tanks firepower to bear. 15 mins of fighting was contained with this small horseshoe shaped hedge and the building next to it. Stumpy put up a hell of a fight, but in the end all that firepower from overwhelmed them (ANZAC have 1 Elephant on this map and it was out of fuel)

Battle result:

Campaign result:

I tell you there isn't going to be much in it.

Cheers,

Verboten

Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Fought ANAZAC_CO_Tack for the Pont L'Abbe battle.

This was another desperate fight in a war full of them. We were up against veteran SS troops with a lot of kills under their belt, and tanks that seems invulnerable to everything we threw at them.

Facing off against them were the tattered remains of the 47th RCT. No tanks, only two ATG's and a howtizer.

Tack made a big push for the Hotel L'Abbe VL but I had stacked it with what was left of our Polish Rifles and BAR teams. In the north a Howtizer and rifle team were taken out trying to secure the Auvers VL.

Bloody fighting continued as I reinforced the attck on the Auvers VL with more rifle and BAR teams until the timer ended. When the smoke cleared the Auvers VL had been retaken by valiant Corona mercenaries.

On the other side of the hotel SS tanks were rolling in. Here, BAR, Mortar and rifle teams backed by a 57mm ATG hold off the panzers. The monster Panther makes the mistake of turning it's back and cops a killing blow for it's mistake:

This was another great battle. This will be a great mod once all the bugs are worked out. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you adjust to how lethal the game is it can be quite a lot of fun.

Unfortunately there was a 00:00 crash so there are no results screens.

Cheers,

Verboten

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:14 am Post subject: day 100...well it felt like it...so thats the file name, Reply with quote

its 100, 101.

mount castre was a good day for germans, but not great, again, killed all there guns like in pont, but failed to kick them off! 2 vl's held, now its down to spit wads and flamers for USA on both, should be interesting v 2 tigers on pont and 2 or 3 mk3's in mount.

final tally,

chateau,
well a already disbanded german unit, down to its knees, 2 trucks and 2 shrecks....the mg42's slowed the allies to a grind, after opening'shock and awe' of 105mm and 2 or 3 75mm, then came the soldiers, brrrrrrrr incoming!
it was one of those truely amasing games to play, fire, move back, fire.
was amased only lost 1 truck, and a few teams, again mg42 saved my ass!

plz verbs, post some picks of the assult, it was truely awsome, 2 near perfect assults and defences! it was true close combat boys!

final result is still to a few vl's i kid you knot!

espree de corp

Pzt_Verboten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Tack I was too busy fighting to take pictures, which is a shame as Pirou was quite a fight.

I split my BG into two main assault elements.

The main element would hea directle east and compriesd of crack Polish Rifle teams with BAR support and Sherman 105 tanks and Wolverine TD. The element made good ground until I paused to direct the fight of the second elemnt that was to head south west and wasn't going so well. By the time I switched back to the north Tack had pulled out of the buildings and set up his LMG's, had I pushed harder maybe I would have gotten further, as it stands I got further than I thought I would in one battle.

The campaign results.

There can't be much left in it, wev'e gained VL's from the last game for pete's sake AND IT'S STILL A GERMAN MINOR VICTORY!!

Cheers,

Verboten

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:36 am Post subject: holidays! Reply with quote

im off tomorrow morning to next friday,
good luck anzac!

mmm sunny queensland....

espree de corp

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:23 am Post subject: Last battle of Amfreville against Cipressina Reply with quote

Cip done well here and sneaked 2 vls on far side of map,by time i noticed i was only able to race back to one of them.
In the end cip made it so we werent able to dislodge the americans from the map of amfreville.This bg fought there from the first battle,and fought against the german panzer division,which they drove back,and had to be replaced by another german bg with jagdpanzers and elephants who faired better against them and was able to make a breakthrough to the Mederet.
and then the original panzer division came back onto amfreville to wipe up the enemy.which in the end they couldnt.in the last battle the american forcepools had 16 units for last battle.Smile

Blackstump

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
strat moves for last round of last day

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: