Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1246
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:45 pm Post subject: I have played to Stalingrad:Der Kessel ! Reply with quote

Hi all;

As promised, I have been able to install Der Kessel on my PC today.
And, despite some crashes that I am quitre confident to be able to fix, IT WORKS !!!!!
I have been able to play so far a 4 maps/6 days operation in Stalingrad city Ruins without big problems.
My first impressions?
Sounds are OKOKOKOK
Datas: To be improved (except if you like to play with a MG34 with 3000 rounds!!)
Tank graphics: really have to be improved for russian tanks. Germans are quite OK.
All the rest: aaaaahhhhh

I have uploaded a screenshot on the Combat Camera. Unfortunately, my Screenshot program does not work well on my PC, so all the other screens did not work.

Does anybody know a "better" screenshot utility if you run on Win98SE ?

Cheers
Panzerjäger

PS: I apologise because my message is short: I have to play a battle in the factories of STALIIIINGGGGRADDDDDDD!!!!!

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Pzjager! Your mod is looking fantastic. Any chance of a prerelease to come out soon? Laughing

Here is a good, free screen shot utility.
http://www.hh.iij4u.or.jp/~kmatuoka/uosu/indexe.html

robg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: I have played to Stalingrad:Der Kessel ! Reply with quote

Go Pzjager, Go !!!
:jump

I_AM_LONO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:26 pm Post subject: Der Kessel Reply with quote

So is this the period of battle after the russians have closed the pocket around the 6th army?

(AKA) Pzt_Totenkopf proud member of the Panzertruppen CC Gruppe!

Hedges13

Rep: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

looks awesome... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account MSN Messenger

pzjager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:22 am Post subject: Re: Der Kessel Reply with quote

I_AM_LONO wrote:
So is this the period of battle after the russians have closed the pocket around the 6th army?

No, it is before: the encirclement of thz sixth army, beginning november 19th, followed by Operation Winterstorm

Cheers
Panzerjäger

WH

Rep: -0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

Your mod looks splendid. I really like those style of maps. They looks so sophiscated. The cold snow on the field makes me frozen. By the way, I read the unit entries of your Stalingrad Mod and found out that there was a Pz.Kpfw VI E on the list. Is the tiger included in your mod, if so we can see it in the regular scenario? Maybe we should use tool like CCreq to let the tigers in the field?

Anyway, good job.

mochoho

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Pzjager

I just saw map screenshots and Bg's, and man i can't wait to get this show on the road... Anyway, everything is done with great precision, and i admire that, the only thing that is wrong is the picture of the ustaces from croatian regiment. The picture represents Croatian fascist leader Dr. Ante Pavelic on a military parade, giving medals. So, if you need any help about croatian 369th regiment (later devils division), i could help you on the subject..

This is gonna be a great mod, and that for sure..Good luck and godsped.. Wink

http://www.vojska.net

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Of course I would be interested to have some pictures of soldiers of this famous regiment.
However, unfortunately, as you have seen elsewhere, the mod is very very close to death now for technical reasons.
Will let you know before the end of the month if Der Kessel is dead or not

Cheers
Panzerjäger

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:57 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

talk like that disgusts me!
all u have is a small problem.
take 2 weeks off. go and do some different type of recreation.
come back with fresh mind

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

All what you have to know is that I have been hardly working on this mod for almost 1 year now.
The deception should be understandable for you.
Anyway, in this period, I should prefer get some support, either morale or technical, rather than receiving this kind of friendly message.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:59 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

try using the german units and norwegian units from fall sverige.
it is much more stable than winter war.
i think maybe wrong but there was also an issue with the terrain file from winter war.
if u want real help u need to make ur files d/l able,otherwise every1 is just guessing.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

1) As far as I know, files from Fall Sverige are not available? But you are right, what I will do is try to install the game with a very stable data (for instance the data from my other mod Aisne Contre-attaque, which is remarquably stable).
2) Regarding the terrain file, I have to admit that I had the same idea just this morning before reading your message.... As far as I know, I could use another terrain file from any other mod than WinterWar, isn't it? I will just have the VL flags wrong, but it is not a problem for the moment...

Cheers
Panzerjäger

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Mac wrote:
Thanks for the update, Pzjager! Your mod is looking fantastic. Any chance of a prerelease to come out soon? Laughing

Here is a good, free screen shot utility.
http://www.hh.iij4u.or.jp/~kmatuoka/uosu/indexe.html

Hi,

mmm.... You know, I don't anticipate to have the mod ready before mid 2007, so a pre-release now.... It is too early. Only 14 maps are finished so far, so you can see that it is far from being finished.

I would like, however, to know what everybody thinks about a 1.0 version with app. 20 to 25 custom maps ?

Cheers
panzerjäger

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hosenfeld wrote:
hi,

Your mod looks splendid. I really like those style of maps. They looks so sophiscated. The cold snow on the field makes me frozen. By the way, I read the unit entries of your Stalingrad Mod and found out that there was a Pz.Kpfw VI E on the list. Is the tiger included in your mod, if so we can see it in the regular scenario? Maybe we should use tool like CCreq to let the tigers in the field?

Anyway, good job.

Hi,

Presence/absence of early Tigers during the Winterstorm operation has always been a controversy. It seems that Tigers were scheduled to take part of the operation, but that for some reasons they did not arrive in time to take part of the battle within the 6th Panzer Division. But it is not sure. Some say that they actually arrived in time but did not play any significant role. The problem here is that very very little information is available regarding this operation.

I did not take any final decision regarding this. Perhaps I will make a mod without the Tigers, and a "what-if" grand campaign with the Tigers. Everybody would be happy, no?

Please let me know if this could be ok for you.

Panzerjäger

slems

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what i know about Tiger...
they were used in independant heavy tank companies and battalions allotted as strategic reserves
units which got them as organic company (and after battalions) (Grossdeutchland 7/43 - SS leibstandarte 1/43 - SS Das Reich 2/43 - SS Totenkopf 7/43)
available in 11/42 for tunisia, 1/43 for russia
but sure that every body would like to see them in a "what if"... at this time Tiger were big cats lacking of mobility and with poor reliability 'cause of a very complicated drive train and suspension... so dat may be would be differnet of the one we find in GJS which is the late/final version with better reliability and close defense (but the first one as mine dischargers mounted around the tank used as anti-personnel close defense weapon like smoke dischargers)

so, it's up to you (and for Aisne, no idea for the release if it works fine !?)

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager,

Trouble shooting a problem from a description is very difficult as certain things tend to cause that type of error but these suggestions have not helped you. Offer the files....

pzjager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all,

The mod seems to work a little better....
A full small campaign in the ruins of Stalingrad is fully playable now
I have uploaded some pics on the combat camera

Panzerjäger

HistoryTeaches

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

can we expect the mod this year or will it be next ?

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome!

Ceci tuera cela

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: